Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK Got Hosed

Featured Replies

What if Memphis had been our 8 seed...talking about conspiracy. I will take UK's draw over any other 1 seed. I think they have favorable match ups. The 96 squad beat everyone on their schedule (they beat Miss St in regualr season, and UMASS in tournament). I hope that both us and IU make the sweet 16 and give UK the chance to say they beat everyone they played this year.

  • Replies 138
  • Views 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thirdly, IU is terrible away from Bloomington.

Terrible? How so?

[TABLE=class: cms_table_tablehead, width: 0]

[TR=class: cms_table_oddrow cms_table_team-41-339]

[TD=bgcolor: transparent, align: left]

[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: transparent, align: left]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE=class: cms_table_tablehead, width: 0]

[TR=class: cms_table_oddrow cms_table_team-41-152]

[TD=bgcolor: transparent, align: left]

[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: transparent, align: left]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE=class: cms_table_tablehead, width: 0]

[TR=class: cms_table_oddrow cms_table_team-41-127]

[TD=bgcolor: transparent, align: left]

[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: transparent, align: left]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE=class: cms_table_tablehead, width: 0]

[TR=class: cms_table_evenrow cms_table_team-41-213, bgcolor: transparent]

[TD=bgcolor: #F1F1F1, align: left]

[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #F1F1F1, align: left]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE=class: cms_table_tablehead, width: 0]

[TR=class: cms_table_evenrow cms_table_team-41-194, bgcolor: transparent]

[TD=bgcolor: #F1F1F1, align: left]

[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #F1F1F1, align: left]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE=class: cms_table_tablehead, width: 0]

[TR=class: cms_table_oddrow cms_table_team-41-158]

[TD=bgcolor: transparent, align: left]

[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: transparent, align: left]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE=class: cms_table_tablehead, width: 0]

[TR=class: cms_table_oddrow cms_table_team-41-275]

[TD=bgcolor: transparent, align: left]

[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: transparent, align: left]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE=class: cms_table_tablehead, width: 0]

[TR=class: cms_table_oddrow cms_table_team-41-130]

[TD=bgcolor: transparent, align: left]

[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: transparent, align: left]

  • L
  • 68-56[TABLE=class: cms_table_tablehead, width: 0]
    [TR=class: cms_table_evenrow cms_table_team-41-2509, bgcolor: transparent]
    [TD=bgcolor: #F1F1F1, align: left]

    [/TD]

    [TD=bgcolor: #F1F1F1]

    [/TD]

    [/TR]

    [/TABLE]

     

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE=class: cms_table_tablehead, width: 0]

[TR=class: cms_table_oddrow cms_table_team-41-2294]

[TD=bgcolor: transparent, align: left]

[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: transparent, align: left]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE=class: cms_table_tablehead, width: 0]

[TR=class: cms_table_oddrow cms_table_team-41-135]

[TD=bgcolor: transparent, align: left]

[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: transparent, align: left]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

 

 

6 road losses, 4 of those to ranked teams....I wouldn't really say that's a terrible road display.

5-6 in road games...
4 of those to ranked teams. And 1 to an in-state rival. They were not good, but certainly not terrible.
4 of those to ranked teams. And 1 to an in-state rival. They were not good, but certainly not terrible.

 

The best team they beat on the road was NC State.

 

They simply aren't the same team away from home...

Terrible? How so?

 

Terrible was probably a bad choice of words....More along the lines of, they were decidely average outside of Bloomington all year.

UK got a GREAT draw.

 

First off, acting like any 16 seed is dangerous pretty much ruins any credibility you may have as a poster on college basketball.

 

Secondly, while UConn scares me a bit, I will be shocked if they are even there. This game is a home game for UK. Think the UK fans there on Thursday aren't going to be 100% behind Iowa State? Pretty much a home game for the Cyclones as well.

 

Thirdly, IU is terrible away from Bloomington. I seriously doubt they could make a game of it. Either way, I think the Shockers are the likely opponent.

 

Lastly, UK is a terrible matchup for Duke. They play no defense, have no interior game, and no depth. UK would roll.

 

Agreed on all points.

Terrible? How so?

 

Edit-Someone beat me to it.

Edited by HammerTime

The most challenging thing is that all teams UK could potentially face are the types of teams that can more-or-less match-up size wise with KY, especially in the interior. They still are the favorites in any scenario and the home crowd should be worth a few points. The UConn came is a scary possibility. But there is also a reason they lost 13 games. UConn was better (obviously) last season and UK is better this season and lost by 1 in the Final Four. That does not mean UConn could not win and the game makes me nervous, but they are in the 8/9 game for a reason.

I love the draw. There were a few teams I wanted to avoid and, for the most part, they are on the complete other side of the bracket. I wouldn't be surprised if UCONN, Indiana and Duke all lose before a potential match-up with UK.

The best team they beat on the road was NC State.

 

They simply aren't the same team away from home...

Is any team?

 

2 of the 6 road losses were to Top 5 teams at some point this year. Of course they were better at home, terrible they were not.

Is any team?

 

2 of the 6 road losses were to Top 5 teams at some point this year. Of course they were better at home, terrible they were not.

 

We'll see how they handle these neutral site games...

We'll see how they handle these neutral site games...

 

They're one of my 1st round specials....New Mexico State over the Hoosiers.

I love the draw. There were a few teams I wanted to avoid and, for the most part, they are on the complete other side of the bracket. I wouldn't be surprised if UCONN, Indiana and Duke all lose before a potential match-up with UK.

 

I'm right there with you OR. I was actually kind of hoping for Duke as our #2 seed. I don't really know enough about Missouri, Ohio State scared me (I thought for sure we'd get them for "story lines"), really didn't want to see Kansas again, and that leaves Duke.

 

As for Indiana, I haven't read through the whole thread but I'm sure its been mentioned...I love the idea of getting another shot at them and I'm sure our Cats do as well.

 

Really our 2nd round game scares me the most, and I will take that.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.