Severe Weather Outlook for Saturday 2/24/18

nWo

There is a possibility of strong to severe storms on Saturday. Especially for WKY. For now, the timing looks to be early evening into Saturday night. The Storm Prediction Center already has parts of WKY with a chance for severe weather. Thunderstorms will be possible for other parts of Kentucky later Saturday evening.

day4prob.gif

Here's the EHI for Saturday from

e7535bef-2c44-49cd-a20d-ff9e41c045a8.gif

Radar

128-nodither.gif

The severe threat for Saturday has grown. The Storm Prediction Center has most of western Kentucky and parts of southcentral Kentucky in a Slight Risk Area for strong to severe storms Saturday afternoon into the evening hours. From about I-65 to I-75 is a Marginal Risk Area.

Sorry, I don't have more time to go in depth. I will update later today.

KY_swody3.png

Since this is the first chance for severe weather this year. Here's a reminder of what each category means.

Outlook-category-descriptions.png

Here are some outlook maps to show what may be in store for some of us.

EHI energy in the atmosphere for strong to severe storms to develop. The time is from 1 pm to 1 am EST.

ehi.gif

Possible Supercell storm development

superc.gif

Possible Significant Tornado development

tor.gif

This is the simulated radar from 4 pm Saturday to 10 am Sunday morning.

pre.gif

Just a quick update. I've been going over the latest model runs and it seems that the potential for severe weather late Saturday afternoon into the evening hours is growing. The potential for bowing segments and a few embedded supercell storms that could produce damaging winds and a few tornadoes are there. I will update in the morning.