Highlands 6 Cooper 2 JV

JV Birds get the win at Cooper in a surprising nice evening to watch a baseball game. Birds struck first with 3 runs in top of 2nd inning on a perfectly laid down bunt by Crosly New. Jags get one run in bot of 3rd. Birds play add on by scoring one run in the 4th, 5th, and 6th inning. Birds kept the pressure on the Jags defense. Jags don't give up and get one run in bot of 7th before Grant Summers closes it out.

Grady Cramer was on the hump and earns the win. He had his best pitching night of the season. He went 6 1/3 innings with 5 K's, no BB's, 3 HBP allowing only 4 hits. Grant Summers gets the save.

Coopers #46(Jake) started and went 4 1/3 innings before being relieved by #20 Austin who went 1 2/3rd finally #48 Joey pitches the last inning. This was well pitched game by both sides. There was not a walk or a passed ball until the 7th inning.

Birds came to hit today. They hit the ball hard from the top to the bottom of the lineup. Hennigan, New, Gabbard, Schwalbach, and Cramer all with one RBI apiece.

S\O to the defense with no errors, turned 2 double plays, and a 7-6-2 put out to get the 1st out of the bottom of the 7th inning. This was a huge play because Jags were gaining momentum.

Overall this was the Birds best played game of the year. It's fun to watch 15 and 16 year olds make plays and play the game like it's supposed to be played.

JV Birds get the win at Cooper in a surprising nice evening to watch a baseball game. Birds struck first with 3 runs in top of 2nd inning on a perfectly laid down bunt by Crosly New. Jags get one run in bot of 3rd. Birds play add on by scoring one run in the 4th, 5th, and 6th inning. Birds kept the pressure on the Jags defense. Jags don't give up and get one run in bot of 7th before Grant Summers closes it out.

Grady Cramer was on the hump and earns the win. He had his best pitching night of the season. He went 6 1/3 innings with 5 K's, no BB's, 3 HBP allowing only 4 hits. Grant Summers gets the save.

Coopers #46(Jake) started and went 4 1/3 innings before being relieved by #20 Austin who went 1 2/3rd finally #48 Joey pitches the last inning. This was well pitched game by both sides. There was not a walk or a passed ball until the 7th inning.

Birds came to hit today. They hit the ball hard from the top to the bottom of the lineup. Hennigan, New, Gabbard, Schwalbach, and Cramer all with one RBI apiece.

S\O to the defense with no errors, turned 2 double plays, and a 7-6-2 put out to get the 1st out of the bottom of the 7th inning. This was a huge play because Jags were gaining momentum.

Overall this was the Birds best played game of the year. It's fun to watch 15 and 16 year olds make plays and play the game like it's supposed to be played.

Pretty sure Schwalbach and Cramer are only 14. Both nice players with exceptional skill sets. And even though they are both multi sport kids, I hope both continue to play baseball through high school. That becomes difficult at Highlands sometimes.

Pretty sure Schwalbach and Cramer are only 14. Both nice players with exceptional skill sets. And even though they are both multi sport kids, I hope both continue to play baseball through high school. That becomes difficult at Highlands sometimes.

Oh I bet both continue baseball. Schwalbach is all football/baseball and Cramer is doing 3 but I would put his top 2 at Football/Baseball also. The basketball program needs him so I hope he stays with that. Kid can shoot, is heady and has nice skills.

This late in the school year, my guess is they turned 15 already.

I concur on the skill set of both players and I would really like to see them make baseball their #1 sport. If the varsity program keeps being successful, you might see more baseball first players.

Sophomore class needs to recruit BGPer's to get more love on here!

This late in the school year, my guess is they turned 15 already.

I concur on the skill set of both players and I would really like to see them make baseball their #1 sport. If the varsity program keeps being successful, you might see more baseball first players.

Sophomore class needs to recruit BGPer's to get more love on here!��

I'm pretty sure Cramer hasn't hit 15 yet I know that class well. Not sure about Cooper.