7:30 Newport Girls vs NCC Girls

Wednesday Feb 24

6pm NCC Boys vs winner of Highlands/Dayton

7:30 Newport vs Bellevue

Thursday Feb 25

7pm Girls Final

Friday Feb 26

7pm Boys Final

Newport has lost 6 straight (to good teams), and Augusta wont be an easy task. Do you think Bellevue could pull off the 1st round upset? I know they handled Bellevue well back in late January, and they do have Villa before districts, but this has been a rough stretch for Newport

If this bracket is correct for the boys, Bellevue fans will remember what happened in the first round of the district with Newport exactly 40 years ago in 1976. Bellevue upset Newport and gained a spot in the regional. It eliminated a very good Newport team. Bellevue had Steve Ridder as its star in those days if I recall. Could we see a repeat 40 years later?

Newport has lost 6 straight (to good teams), and Augusta wont be an easy task. Do you think Bellevue could pull off the 1st round upset? I know they handled Bellevue well back in late January, and they do have Villa before districts, but this has been a rough stretch for Newport

I have not seen either team play this season but I keep an eye on 9th Region results. It seems Newport has been experiencing other issues other than final scores, so this might be a great chance for Bellevue to repeat its 1976 upset in the district.

If this bracket is correct for the boys, Bellevue fans will remember what happened in the first round of the district with Newport exactly 40 years ago in 1976. Bellevue upset Newport and gained a spot in the regional. It eliminated a very good Newport team. Bellevue had Steve Ridder as its star in those days if I recall. Could we see a repeat 40 years later?

Bellevue also pulled a famous (or infamous) upset over a talented NewCath team back in 1982 as they caught an NC squad looking ahead to Highlands in the would be Finals. That one sent shock waves around the region.

Bellevue came in with no fear and took it to the Breds that night in a big upset.

Bellevue did have some nice players on that team but this one was not expected.

Steve Ridder in 1976 was the Bellevue star. I believe they had Ahrens (spelling?), Groeschen, and another big kid who could play. If I recall correctly, that 1976 team also knocked for Highlands in the regional and nearly made it to the 9th Region title game. Very good team.