58th District Tournament

What two teams make it out of the 58th District  

3 members have voted

1. 1. What two teams make it out of the 58th District

• South Floyd / Betsy Layne
    • South Floyd / Allen Central
    • Prestonsburg / Betsy Layne
    • Prestonsburg / Allen Central

I think the 2 seed is Allen Central. They will still play Betsy Layne, but the seeds are reversed in that game from what you have in the post above.

You are correct. Apologies for the error between the seeds. Allen Central finished the district 4-2 while Betsy Layne finished 2-4.

No apologies needed. Just thought it might help. Sometimes when I pick I take a higher seed! Didn't want to mislead anybody.

It will be tough to beat Allen Central at home and Seth Hall has been playing extremely well of late for the Rebels (since returning from injury). Should be a tight game but I like the home team pulling away late.

I like South Floyd over Prestonsburg. Although the two teams have played each other close both games, South Floyd seems to have better guard play and overall organization. Seems like the 58th district has a upset about ever year, but I don't think it is this game as the blackcats have struggled this year to beat a quality team.

I like Allen Central over Betsy Layne. Allen Central has a very good player in Hall along with some role players and Betsy Layne just didn't find their identity after starting the season fairly well for as young as they are.

Here is the upset. Allen Central at home over South Floyd. Why? Because they are at home, and an upset usually occurs in the 58th.

Edited by Big 5

• 2 weeks later...

You did well on your predictions overall across the 4 districts. Got 7 of the 8 regional teams I believe. I also got 7 of the 8, correctly predicting the winner and runner up in 3 of the 4 districts (see the latest article). I missed the ER/SV game and subsequently the ER/Pikeville game. Great job overall and I look forward to reading your thoughts on the Regional tournament!!!!!!

Thank you!

I missed on the 59th pretty bad. Just thought Shelby Valley would over come the controversy and rally but they didn't. The 58th was just a guess and I went with Allen Central at home. But 7/8 isn't bad!

I also look forward to reading your thoughts and rankings for the Region Tournament. The draw will be interesting, can't wait to see how it shakes out.

Will you be posting the drawing as it happens at the Expo?

Thank you!

I missed on the 59th pretty bad. Just thought Shelby Valley would over come the controversy and rally but they didn't. The 58th was just a guess and I went with Allen Central at home. But 7/8 isn't bad!

I also look forward to reading your thoughts and rankings for the Region Tournament. The draw will be interesting, can't wait to see how it shakes out.

Will you be posting the drawing as it happens at the Expo?

I will be there in morning setting up about an hour before the draw doing media work. The draw is at the EXPO at 10am and the meeting usually takes about 45 minutes or so. When i get back home I will post it, but it will likely be up before then as I know WSIP 98.9 and EKB will covering it on twitter, radio, and facebook.