Southwestern 2013/2014

• 3 weeks later...

At the end of last season Southwestern was deemed the team most likely to unseat Wayne as the "King" of the 12th Region in 2013-14. But oh how a summer can change the look of a team. Two years ago Southwestern was on the receiving end of 2 very talented transfers that helped lead them to the final four in the Sweet 16. But those transfers have decided to transfer once again and leave the Warriors looking thin for 2013-14. Even with the transfers, SW will still be a force in the 12th Region. They return (in my opinion) the region’s top player in Senior Justin Edwards. Two other significant contributors from last year will join Edwards in the starting lineup, being Juniors Adam Isaacs and Dylan Gaskins. The rest of the lineup will be a crap shoot. Will Coach Wright choose experience or young talent? By young talent I mean 8th graders Steven Fitzgerald and Danny Butt. Both 8th graders have been extremely successful at the middle school level and at the national level with We All Can Go All Stars AAU program. I expect Southwestern to be a contender come seasons end, but that all depends on how well they can fill the big holes left by those that moved on.