Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

footballf@n4life

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by footballf@n4life

  1. Lawrence has a decent team. They stayed within 7 of Belfry. I relly think they could be a sleeper team for Russell this year.
  2. Well you are about the only one in Raceland. I think every single person I have ran into from Raceland has talked about how bad they are going to beat us this year. Just like we hear every other year. (I try to tell them I no longer play and have no involvement in the outcome of the game) As for the game Russell may have an Ace up their sleeve for Friday.
  3. Is this based on how close last year's game was?
  4. If all Ashland tries to do is stop the power run game. This game will be over in short fashion.
  5. Ill take West by a FG since they made one against the Devils 17-14 Comets prevail.
  6. As far as the coaching staff comparisons go, I'd say if anything Fairview's is just unproven. Raceland has good coaches, not great, but good. Now if Raceland has a great season next year when they will be way down, then I might upgrade them to great imo. Mcpeek has put in the spread wing-t, imo, the best HS offense. By far the hardest to stop. However, I think Raceland has ALOT more talent to put on the field Friday night, and I will be surprised if this game is within 28pts.
  7. I'm going to have to go with Greenup in this one. I think they improved greatly since week 1 and 2. They had a very good chance of making it a game with the Pirates. If they can convert those turnovers in the red zone to TD's it would have been a much better game, not saying that they would have won, but it could have been 28-21 or so. GC corrects these mistakes and gets their first win of the season 35-14.
  8. Its the DI, in their mind a 12pt loss is a win.
  9. Russell Mayfield Owensboro Trinity Bell County Clay County Corbin George Rogers Clark Raceland Campbell County TB 49
  10. Quite a bit of wishful thinking from the Ram faithful in this thread.
  11. How's Ashland been this year at making key plays when they need them? For example picking up on 3rd and longs and on 4th down conversions. IF Ashland can make key plays and keep their defense off the field they will have a chance. If they have to punt 5 times in the first half they will most likely be looking at a 28+ point deficit.
  12. Personally I don't think coaches should be involved with online forums.
  13. I guess we will see. I don't see Ashland being able to stop the Russell rushing attack without loading the box, if that happens they may give up long passes. Which Russell has torched every opponent with the passing game so far. Be it level of competition or Russell's skill. I guess that is going to be decided come Friday. I am glad however to see many fans picking Ashland, that is just more motivation for the Russell team who has yet to be pushed to their full potential.
  14. From what I heard last night if Ironton can catch a pass the game is a blow out. Russell doesn't have that problem. You are going to have to score 30+ to beat the Devils. I don't think the Tomcats can do that. I will say this however, with Russell having very easy games so far this year, and the varsity team only playing past the first possession in the 3rd quarter in one game this year. IF Ashland can keep it close in the 4th quarter they can very easily come away with the win and take advantage of Russell's lack of conditioning at this point in the year.
  15. The Burg will run the score up. South Eastern Ohio football teams have little to no class. 82-14 in favor of Wheelersburg.
  16. Boyle County Boone County Male Hopkinsville NewCath
  17. Noone started a thread on this game yet. Anyone know anything about WC? I haven't heard anything on them at all this year? I thgouht they had some decent talent last year. I expected them to have a decent year, and with MC being down, maybe lock up a 2nd place spot. Apparently Russell has progressed deep into the wing-t playbook with this team. Maybe deeper than McGlone has ever taken a team. Really bringing out some wild stuff (for Rusell anyways). Should be exciting to watch. Probably won't see much of it for a few weeks, but its very interesting. Ill take Russell in a respectful blowout.
  18. I know this is old, but wasn't this situation completely impossible?
  19. I'd recommend you all quit worrying about past seasons and focus on this season. Go out and have fun, don't bring anymore tension to the team as fans by talking about all the times East Carter has upset you. Enjoy the game. Raceland just as Russell still needs to proove to everyone that they are a legit team. That should be enough motivation for the players. Wanting to be respected is the best motivation in football, imo. If you all are this anxious over this weeks game with this EC team. All of you all are going to have to take week 10 off from work.
  20. I would like to congratulate coach Chris Holbrook of Boyd, via the Russell Red Devils on the birth of his baby boy. How are Breathitt's DB's this year? If they are solid open field 1 on 1 tacklers, then that should help them quite a bit. Also the DE's will need to have a solid game, and try and keep Wilson contained.
  21. If Boyd's D-fense can step up and Wilson stays healthy, I think Boyd has a Real shot at winning one on the road!!
  22. What was ugly about it? Russell put more points on the board than they ran plays. Like was stated, they won by 15, but when your putting a 5-2 up against a spread option offense with one of the state's best athletes and players. Don't be surprised if he has a career game. He will beat most players 1 on 1, which is what BC coaches had in their game plan and succeeded. Not to mention the entire Russell team was sucking wind hard about halfway through the first quarter. Russell's D may not be the best, but the D in both state games wasn't really all that great. Good, but not great. Their O will pick up the D if it falters, I don't see any team on their schedule being able to stop them from putting up 35+ points on the board. Assuming their weapons are utilized properly. Russell hasn't even been pushed to use their offense to their full capabilities. 4-5 in the first half passing for 2 TD's and 140yds. That opened up the run game in the second half, and they got a TD and chewed up game clock.
  23. Lets not forget BC ran 30 more offensive plays than Russell and they had the same amount of yds.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.