Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

West Carter/Lewis Co. predictions

Who Wins 18 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins

    • Lewis County
      38%
    • West Carter
      61%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Any thoughts on the game? Two winless teams square off. I'd think the edge would go to West in this game, but I haven't seen Lewis play. West needs to get the offense in gear. I think that they have to get more touches to Chris Burton and Freshman McKenzie McGlone. I know he's just a freshman, but he's the toughest runner on the team. He's probably averaging about 40 or 50 yards per kickoff return, he has to be one of the better frosh players in the area. Also, Puckett needs to be allowed to pass more, IMO.

Back to the game, I'll say West 28, Lewis 14.

I'll say Lewis 20-13 if West is having to rely on frosh talent so much then they may be in for a surprise against a Lewis team that is focusing on defeating one of their biggest rivals watch for senior RB Frankie Witten to have a good game. One key note: Senior QB Andy Downing is questionable with a right hand injury which would leave the quarterbacking job to versatile junior Caleb Enix.

Edited by spindoc

  • Author

They don't really rely on freshman. They do play alot of sophomores. I hardly ever think a frosh should be in the game at the varsity level, but i think this kid is different. He's the biggest back on the team and is a very tought tackle. Maybe I'm wrong. BTW, I wasn't aware that West and Lewis were rivals.

Are you kidding me? The only team that Lewis hates more than West is Mason, and seeing that itll most likely be a while before they can challenge mason again they better concentrate on West. Yes I've seen McGlone play and he is exceptional at RB, and yes he is very big for a freshman, but does he really have the speed to compete at the varsity level?

Correct if I am wrong, as I do not know or have seen the kid play, but didn't his older brothers play at Lewis for a while?

I don't know, but they may have. So what are your thoughts on the game Big Slick?

  • Author

Ok, didn't want to start a fight.

1. As a West Carter alum, I wasn't aware the Comets were so hated by Lewis. I would like for West and Lewis to have a mutual rivalry, so there would be another huge game besides East. Meant no disrespect there, I was just curious.

2. DO I think any freshman is TRUELY ready for varsity action.....NO. But, the Comets are so young in the backfield anyways, why not give the kid a few carries? He does well when he has the ball. Didn't say that i thought he should be the workhorse, just would like to see what he could do with a handful of carries a game. As for speed, he's no Devin Hester, but he's already the teams kick returner, so he must have a little speed to him.

3. His family is from Lewis County, as far as I know they have always played at West. His brother Matt played line and DE for the Comets a few years ago, and his other brother Billy is a senior on the team right now.

 

Back to the game. What style of offense do the Lions run these days? Are they still in the spread? Anyways best of luck to both teams, heres to a great, clean, injury free game.

They work out of the Power I and I-Spread forms. Hardly go into the shotgun but when they do they go twins on both sides, usually splitting the HB out wide with the FB staying in to protect. With the Lions O-line they probably need more than that. Anyways, what about the Comets? What about their O?

Yes, I'm not sure about the Comets but the last thing the Lions need is more injuries so hopefully it will be a clean game.

Are you kidding me? The only team that Lewis hates more than West is Mason, and seeing that itll most likely be a while before they can challenge mason again they better concentrate on West. Yes I've seen McGlone play and he is exceptional at RB, and yes he is very big for a freshman, but does he really have the speed to compete at the varsity level?

 

Why don't they like Mason Co? :confused:

I'm not sure I know they never have, i suppose bordering counties and the fact that a freshman basketball player (Connor Osbourne) who was supposed to be the next big thing for Lewis Co. transferred to Mason in 7th grd. But that just added to the hatred. From what i understand, Mason has never liked Lewis either...

  • Author

Well Mason, the Comets still basically run their belly offense. They sprinkle in a little misdirection. QB Ace Puckett has a pretty good arm, the backs are young, but they have a few quick sophomores. The line is inexperienced, but is slowly getting better each game. As for the recievers they play 4 or 5 different ones, Owens is probably the best of the bunch. The Comets O just seems to have shot themselves in the foot with penalties, missed assignments, etc. They have the potential to score some points, they just haven't been there yet.

Well it sounds like both West's and Lewis's Offenses have the same story. Let;s hope for a great game at the Paul Westerfield Bowl

West Carter 28-7.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.