Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2008 Greenup County

Featured Replies

What does Greenup County need to do to improve in 2008? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

  • Replies 246
  • Views 20.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does 2008 season become a rebuilding season. Lost alot of linemen and two great running backs. We know that where the battle is won or lost is at the line. Will Craft have any protection. Good group Frosh last year. I look for some Frosh to step up and

play big.

OFFENSE

I dont think it will be a rebuilding year. At least I dont think it should. GC will have to find an "every down" type RB, I would say that the sophomore Lyle will probably be that guy, with Smith backing him up. Which leads me to another big question will Berry be at WR or RB. IMO he is and always has been a RB. I did a fine job last year at WR but if his knees have fully recovered he can run through a brick wall. The line will be the big question next year. I think two sophomores will get alot of snaps on the line (Grayson and Kitchen) Greenslate should be solid with alot of experience, and if Newberry plays, which is always an interesting saga (I heard he maybe moving across the river) he should be strong on the line. WR should be young but talented. I would say sophomores Troxler and Ryerson will contribute quite a bit with Hannah, and Berry who both looked good last year before injury's ended their season early. Crum and Grubb will probably see some time there also. Craft should be much more accurate this year, being his second year in this system. I look for him to be at the top of most of the passing catagories at the end of the year.

Sun, Its here, its here, it is finally time to talk some GC football. LOL

The most important aspect of the 2008 team is that they believe in the system and each other. They are a confident bunch. They have a destiny and understand how to reach it. This will be the first year that each team member has had Coach Sammons as his only head coach at GCHS!

 

The offense will continue to impress and improve from the last 6 games of 2007 when GCHS averaged over 35 points per game. The Tony Franklin System has worked wonders for the Musketeers. Look for the Musketeers to challenge the box and the field much more this year.

 

The defense must improve since it gave up 342 points in 13 games in 2007. The defensive unit will be a quick bunch -- good, tough hitters, too. Spring ball was a success for much of the defensive unit as the players now have a better grasp of Coach Sammons' defensive philosophy.

 

Russell @ GCHS on 8/29

 

Only 4 1/2 months away!

How many players went through spring practice? Replacing the Justice and Stephenson kid in the backfield will be a big challenge. The OL was also hit hard by graduation.

How many players went through spring practice? Replacing the Justice and Stephenson kid in the backfield will be a big challenge. The OL was also hit hard by graduation.

 

I thought line also was going to get hit hard by graduation. Four or five starting "O" linemen was Seniors? :confused:

Zach Sexton (LT) and Joe Bob Greenslate (RT and C) return as starters from 2007 on the OL.

 

It will be a battle to determine who will start on the OL each week in 2008.

Zach Sexton (LT) and Joe Bob Greenslate (RT and C) return as starters from 2007 on the OL.

 

It will be a battle to determine who will start on the OL each week in 2008.

That is 2 solid lineman, Do you think Kitchen and Grayson will start? I know they are young but they both have the talent and size to be a big help this year.

Like I said above, it will be a battle to see who will start each week.

 

The biggest, strongest, and fastest will start each week on the OL.

 

It is up to the players to determine who plays -- not the coaching staff.

 

If you want to play badly enough, then you will get into the weight room and make yourself, and ultimately the team, better!

Like I said above, it will be a battle to see who will start each week.

 

The biggest, strongest, and fastest will start each week on the OL.

 

It is up to the players to determine who plays -- not the coaching staff.

 

If you want to play badly enough, then you will get into the weight room and make yourself, and ultimately the team, better!

I think I get your drift.

Sun have you heard anything about Berry's rehab?

Sun have you heard anything about Berry's rehab?

 

From what I have heard, David Berry is on schedule with the rehab of his knee.

From what I have heard, David Berry is on schedule with the rehab of his knee.
I saw and talked to him at the district b-ball game and he said it was going awesome. Do you think he sees any time at RB?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.