Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Great Game

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by The Great Game

  1. Actually that was Tony Krohman that threw against Ryle the other night and Todd plays in the outfield but throws some also. Tony will be playing for the Kentucky Kings this summer and as it looks right now I heard that Todd may have some opportunities to play basketball at the next level and will be doing that this summer. Both really great kids and competitors.
  2. No, it was a big right hander who threw pretty well. Good heavy fastball with a decent curve. He was able to mix well early and keep Ryle off balance. He wasn't able to sustain the curve ball much after the 4th and Ryle hit him, but right at people. Ryle also made some mistakes defensively that cost them... Lovan deserved a better fate.
  3. After finding out the outcome...prophetic?
  4. Great job Patrick... see you this summer!
  5. Logan Carney- middle infielder for Ryle
  6. When Niehaus is on he is tough, but I believe you will see Nutini in this one.
  7. IMO Eastern could be the best team in the state... When I saw them they looked similar to a college team. I did see their #1 pitcher that night also, but they sure looked like they had all the ingredients to be a big time contender for the title.
  8. Good stuff...you are missing the game for all the right reasons:thumb: I still would love to hear your take on the game?
  9. I sure hope everything is OK TOG...
  10. Way to go Pat... can't wait to watch him play this summer for The Kings.
  11. Totally agree...sure seems there has been a lot of days this year to deal with outside influences that come in the form of 43 degrees and 15-20mph winds:eek:
  12. I was at this earlier matchup also and they pounded Ryle. Looking back on the game it wasn't so much of what Ryle didn't do, other than the pitchers not throwing strikes, but what Boone did... This one I would imagine will be a better game.
  13. I know this should have nothing to do with it but I think the weather has had an effect on this season so far. It is easy in a game where things aren't going your way early and you're freezing to loose the focus needed to compete.
  14. Let me clear something up here from my earlier post I wasn't talking about the young man on the discussions with the coach and I know he is an excellent athlete and I am sure a great kid. I used the words "pure speculation". The point that was being made is that in today's environment in high school sports it wouldn't surprise me that some parents have those types of discussions with coaches.
  15. Discussed the situation like how, "If you don't play me by my sophomore year at the position of my choosing I am going to transfer" ?
  16. I'm not saying this is true because I've not heard anything of this actual situation, I'm simply saying I wouldn't be surprised considering sports vs. the importance of the concept of the student-athlete
  17. Pure speculation but it wouldn't surprise me in the least with the ways things are today in high school sports.
  18. So the AC coach didn't do "everything" as it says in the article.
  19. Not surprised, he is an excellent chucker. Way to go Michael!
  20. Going the other way... Ryle's poor start is somewhat surprising don't you think?
  21. Agreed... you will get an even bigger indication at what level they are playing at after the Ryle game today. If they get to play.
  22. You can't use Maile as an example... these players are no where near that level. Plus, Ryle has 25+ players try out for varsity and Cov Cath has 13, big difference on who gets opportunities. Let's get right to the point here... these are talented up and coming players who are not as good, yet, as the junior or seniors playing in front of them that just happen to be struggling right now. Do they deserve an opportunity to come up once and while and faced varsity pitching to see how they do, definitely, and that will happen.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.