Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boone Co 16 Ryle 7

Featured Replies

Starting to scratch my head now...but it's early.

 

Once the Ryle kids get some confidence and start playing aggresive baseball all will be fine. Still think they got a shot at the district and the region, they have to think so though.

 

No long balls today from either team.

  • Replies 40
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch, what happened???

  • Author
Ouch, what happened???

 

One of those everything right / everything wrong games...it happens.

:lol: BTW cooperstown, what happened to that rule of only Juniors and Seniors playing for the Ryle varsity? Seems right after you left a sophomore did a pretty good job of getting a RBI....:thumb:

 

;) Hey DD, nice talking to you! As cold as it was for your game, it was even colder for the CovCath game, and I certainly feel sorry for the Boone and St. Henry fans, as they are playing right now! While the temps aren't real bad, the temps with wind, make it nasty to sit and watch a baseball game in.

 

DD was correct, if it could go wrong, it did go wrong for Ryle today! Just one of those day's.

Ouch, what happened???

 

Ryle had a couple of bases loaded situations early and ended up getting nothing out of them and Boone blew the game open with a huge inning and just added to it as the game went on. Two observations though: One, If Ryle doesn't start hitting the baseball, it will be a long season for them and Two, if Boone doesn't find another starting pitcher, Houlehan's arm is going to fall off. Boone kind of reminds me of last season when they only had Brad Krohman but IMO, Houlehan is not as good as Brad Krohman, even though he is by far their best and I agree with the Old Guy that this is not baseball weather.

  • Author
Ryle had a couple of bases loaded situations early and ended up getting nothing out of them and Boone blew the game open with a huge inning and just added to it as the game went on. Two observations though: One, If Ryle doesn't start hitting the baseball, it will be a long season for them and Two, if Boone doesn't find another starting pitcher, Houlehan's arm is going to fall off. Boone kind of reminds me of last season when they only had Brad Krohman but IMO, Houlehan is not as good as Brad Krohman, even though he is by far their best and I agree with the Old Guy that this is not baseball weather.

 

You're right on all accounts. Look at the Detroit Tigers, might have the best lineup in baseball this year and yet they are 2 & 9. I thought Houlehan threw Thursday at Highlands. Like you say, Boone might kill the only arm they have.

Almost time for Coach Roesel to call Dr. Laura.

  • Author
Who is the Soph. for Ryle that got moved up?

 

Infieldr Logan Carney....they moved up a freshmen as well, #18 today, hit the ball well. Sorry I don't have his name.

:lol: BTW cooperstown, what happened to that rule of only Juniors and Seniors playing for the Ryle varsity? Seems right after you left a sophomore did a pretty good job of getting a RBI....:thumb: .

 

I guess when things are going as poorly as they are for Ryle, it was time to shake up things a little and forego the policy that's been in place for a couple of years. ;) I don't think either of the kids brought up will see a whole lot of playing time, but they might help out in spots. I think as much as anything it was done as a bit of a statement/wake up call to some of the current starters.

 

There's just no way this Ryle squad should be playing like this. This is not a team short on talent. But if they don't start to get things turned around fairly soon, streaks like this can really feed on itself.

With the wind blowing and from the score it appears that a slugfest was going on.... did the Farris kid from Boone Co. come close to hitting any Dingers?

  • Author
With the wind blowing and from the score it appears that a slugfest was going on.... did the Farris kid from Boone Co. come close to hitting any Dingers?

 

No dingers today.

Infieldr Logan Carney....they moved up a freshmen as well, #18 today, hit the ball well. Sorry I don't have his name.

 

I know they have some talented Sophs that are chomping at the bit for an opportunity. Good luck to Mr. Carney on the varsity roster, I am sure he will do well. Surprised to here there was a freshman moved up. What is the story behind that if any?

I know they have some talented Sophs that are chomping at the bit for an opportunity. Good luck to Mr. Carney on the varsity roster, I am sure he will do well. Surprised to here there was a freshman moved up. What is the story behind that if any?

 

 

Oh, I think I know the story, but it isn't my place to tell it, being a CovCath fan and all...:sssh:

I guess when things are going as poorly as they are for Ryle, it was time to shake up things a little and forego the policy that's been in place for a couple of years. ;)I don't think either of the kids brought up will see a whole lot of playing time, but they might help out in spots. I think as much as anything it was done as a bit of a statement/wake up call to some of the current starters.

 

There's just no way this Ryle squad should be playing like this. This is not a team short on talent. But if they don't start to get things turned around fairly soon, streaks like this can really feed on itself.

 

Not so sure about that, as the young soph looked pretty good to me, and the young frosh, seemed at least to me, to be quite at ease at the plate.

I know they have some talented Sophs that are chomping at the bit for an opportunity. Good luck to Mr. Carney on the varsity roster, I am sure he will do well. Surprised to here there was a freshman moved up. What is the story behind that if any?

 

Freshman is Josh Frieidel. Nice player. There was some talk about him transferring to CCH after this year, but think that is history now.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.