Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boone Co 16 Ryle 7

Featured Replies

From what I hear Corey Farris is Going to Uk right? what position will he likely play there?

  • Replies 40
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I hear Corey Farris is Going to Uk right? what position will he likely play there?

 

Yes, Farris has already committed to UK, and from what I understand he will mostly likely play in the outfield and DH. Great kid and it will be fun, to continue to watch him play.

I would hope some of the "baseball experts" on this wonderful website could clear up Dandy's question on transfers?? Can you dress varsity as long as you don't play etc. Could someone please review the rules?

 

I'd be interested to find this out also. And also this: If you play a varsity sport at one high school but just JV in other sports and then transfer to another school the following year, do you have to sit out a full year for all sports or just the sport(s) you played varsity at your former school?

 

I assume this is all on the khsaa.org website, but that can sometimes be a tough site to navigate.

Yes, Farris has already committed to UK, and from what I understand he will mostly likely play in the outfield and DH. Great kid and it will be fun, to continue to watch him play.

 

In talking to Corey, he believes - and is certainly hoping - that there are plans to use him at catching, at least part-time. He should see some substantial time catching this summer for Midland.

If the boys parents were getting on the coach by saying he was going to transfer if he doesn't get to play varsity, (indeed this is what I had heard) then it was a smart move by the coach. Now, to show the parents that indeed he is the coach, the young man because of his parents threats (if indeed that is what happened) would never play a another inning or get another AB this year on the varsity level, if I were the coach. A coach, especially the outstanding coach that Ryle has, shouldn't be threated by parents, on how to run his team, or program.

 

Believe the whole thing had to do with football, specifically where and how he would be used at Ryle in upcoming seasons, than anything else. Apparently things were discussed with Warner and he is now staying.

In talking to Corey, he believes - and is certainly hoping - that there are plans to use him at catching, at least part-time. He should see some substantial time catching this summer for Midland.

 

In talking with Cory about the situation the coach's have told him he will be the back-up catcher, behind a freshman catcher this season, along with holding an outfield and dh role. The coaches said he would have an everyday role in the line-up.

Believe the whole thing had to do with football, specifically where and how he would be used at Ryle in upcoming seasons, than anything else. Apparently things were discussed with Warner and he is now staying.

 

Discussed the situation like how, "If you don't play me by my sophomore year at the position of my choosing I am going to transfer" ?

Discussed the situation like how, "If you don't play me by my sophomore year at the position of my choosing I am going to transfer" ?

 

Don't have that level of detail (nor honestly do I want to). Just heard there was a sit-down with the chief and everyone walked away happy. :cool:

Don't have that level of detail (nor honestly do I want to). Just heard there was a sit-down with the chief and everyone walked away happy. :cool:

 

I believe Coach Warner met with a lot of kids and their parents, so lets not try to make this sound like something it isn't ;) From all the posts it looks like this kid has a big target on his back with all the transferring/not transferring and reasons why he's playing up rumors. Bottom line, he's an excellent athlete with a promising future in athletics, don't take that away from him. His parents never threatened coaches and his reasons for transferring never had to do with playing time or positions. He's a great kid and fun to watch! Can't wait to see where his talent takes him :thumb:

Thought you had to play in something like 25% of the varsity games to be frozen.

 

 

Nope...Once your name is in the varsity score book. Unless something has recently changed? BTW... How is Cody Elliott's brother doing at Ryle?

I believe Coach Warner met with a lot of kids and their parents, so lets not try to make this sound like something it isn't ;) From all the posts it looks like this kid has a big target on his back with all the transferring/not transferring and reasons why he's playing up rumors. Bottom line, he's an excellent athlete with a promising future in athletics, don't take that away from him. His parents never threatened coaches and his reasons for transferring never had to do with playing time or positions. He's a great kid and fun to watch! Can't wait to see where his talent takes him :thumb:

 

Let me clear something up here from my earlier post I wasn't talking about the young man on the discussions with the coach and I know he is an excellent athlete and I am sure a great kid. I used the words "pure speculation". The point that was being made is that in today's environment in high school sports it wouldn't surprise me that some parents have those types of discussions with coaches.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.