Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boone Co 16 Ryle 7

Featured Replies

Honestly, not too suprised to see this. I thought Boone would pull this out, but never figured by 9! Anyone have a box score?

  • Replies 40
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I think I know the story, but it isn't my place to tell it, being a CovCath fan and all...:sssh:

 

Sounds like you're implying they moved him up only to keep him from transferring? Think this boy, as well as Carney, deserved to play Varsity as much or maybe more than the ones currently on the roster. From what I hear, if you didn't know these two were underclassmen, you would never know they were brought up from JV. Think those Juniors and Seniors better be worried about keeping their spots ;)

With the wind blowing and from the score it appears that a slugfest was going on.... did the Farris kid from Boone Co. come close to hitting any Dingers?

 

Cory didn't get a lot to swing at, with the exception of a line shot single over 2nd base late in the game and #18 from Ryle was Carney, he also played 2nd base, I must have been sitting next to his Mother, every move he made was quickly turned into a phone call to what appeard to be his Dad, which was kind of funny to hear. The closest anyone came to going yard was when Boone's Brian Robertson hit the base of the fence late in the game, the wind was really blowing in strong

  • Author
Cory didn't get a lot to swing at, with the exception of a line shot single over 2nd base late in the game and #18 from Ryle was Carney, he also played 2nd base, I must have been sitting next to his Mother, every move he made was quickly turned into a phone call to what appeard to be his Dad, which was kind of funny to hear. The closest anyone came to going yard was when Boone's Brian Robertson hit the base of the fence late in the game, the wind was really blowing in strong

 

Actually, Cory was pitched to every at bat except his second at bat when he was given a free pass with runnes on second and third. He was thrown out at second twice yesterday....not his best day.

Actually, Cory was pitched to every at bat except his second at bat when he was given a free pass with runnes on second and third. He was thrown out at second twice yesterday....not his best day.

 

I didn't say he wasn't pitched to, I just said he didn't get a lot to swing at. There is a difference. Unlike a lot of posters on here, I didn't root for either team, I have 4 kids from Boone and 6 from Ryle who will play for me this summer, so I was just there to see them play. I just love to watch baseball, even in freezing cold weather.

Freshman is Josh Frieidel. Nice player. There was some talk about him transferring to CCH after this year, but think that is history now.

 

Yes and getting that varisty appearence means now he would have to sit out next year or his family would have to move. Wise move on a couple of fronts!

Very talented athlete for sure and I am happy for his promotion I am sure he will do well.

Cory didn't get a lot to swing at, with the exception of a line shot single over 2nd base late in the game and #18 from Ryle was Carney, he also played 2nd base, I must have been sitting next to his Mother, every move he made was quickly turned into a phone call to what appeard to be his Dad, which was kind of funny to hear. The closest anyone came to going yard was when Boone's Brian Robertson hit the base of the fence late in the game, the wind was really blowing in strong

 

:laugh::laugh: Ms. Etschied will be surprised to hear see is now married to Mr. Carney. :sssh: :D No, actually, the Carneys had to leave early and she was filling them in on their son's first varsity appearance.

  • Author
Yes and getting that varisty appearence means now he would have to sit out next year or his family would have to move. Wise move on a couple of fronts!

Very talented athlete for sure and I am happy for his promotion I am sure he will do well.

 

Thought you had to play in something like 25% of the varsity games to be frozen.

:laugh::laugh: Ms. Etschied will be surprised to hear see is now married to Mr. Carney. :sssh: :D No, actually, the Carneys had to leave early and she was filling them in on their son's first varsity appearance.

 

Thanks for clearing that up, I don't know either family, just a humorous observation.

Yes and getting that varsity appearance means now he would have to sit out next year or his family would have to move. Wise move on a couple of fronts!

Very talented athlete for sure and I am happy for his promotion I am sure he will do well.

 

 

If the boys parents were getting on the coach by saying he was going to transfer if he doesn't get to play varsity, (indeed this is what I had heard) then it was a smart move by the coach. Now, to show the parents that indeed he is the coach, the young man because of his parents threats (if indeed that is what happened) would never play a another inning or get another AB this year on the varsity level, if I were the coach. A coach, especially the outstanding coach that Ryle has, shouldn't be threated by parents, on how to run his team, or program.

 

If however the parents truly wanted to transfer this young man for academics and or religious reason and still wanted their son to play baseball next year, then they should have told the coach, and refused to allow their son to dress varsity on Saturday.

 

My guess is, that my first paragraphs is perhaps more correct, than my second.

If the boys parents were getting on the coach by saying he was going to transfer if he doesn't get to play varsity, (indeed this is what I had heard) then it was a smart move by the coach. Now, to show the parents that indeed he is the coach, the young man because of his parents threats (if indeed that is what happened) would never play a another inning or get another AB this year on the varsity level, if I were the coach. A coach, especially the outstanding coach that Ryle has, shouldn't be threated by parents, on how to run his team, or program.

 

If however the parents truly wanted to transfer this young man for academics and or religious reason and still wanted their son to play baseball next year, then they should have told the coach, and refused to allow their son to dress varsity on Saturday.

 

My guess is, that my first paragraphs is perhaps more correct, than my second.

 

Pure speculation but it wouldn't surprise me in the least with the ways things are today in high school sports.

  • Author
Pure speculation but it wouldn't surprise me in the least with the ways things are today in high school sports.

 

I don't think it had anything to do with parents.

I don't think it had anything to do with parents.

 

I'm not saying this is true because I've not heard anything of this actual situation, I'm simply saying I wouldn't be surprised considering sports vs. the importance of the concept of the student-athlete

Thought you had to play in something like 25% of the varsity games to be frozen.

 

I would hope some of the "baseball experts" on this wonderful website could clear up Dandy's question on transfers?? Can you dress varsity as long as you don't play etc. Could someone please review the rules?

 

I have heard that (CCHS) Isler's little brother is a freshman at Ryle... does that mean he can transfer to CCHS without penalty of time off and loss of eligibility as long as he hasn't entered a varsity game?

I would hope some of the "baseball experts" on this wonderful website could clear up Dandy's question on transfers?? Can you dress varsity as long as you don't play etc. Could someone please review the rules?

 

I have heard that (CCHS) Isler's little brother is a freshman at Ryle... does that mean he can transfer to CCHS without penalty of time off and loss of eligibility as long as he hasn't entered a varsity game?

 

 

From what I understand, young Isler is quite happy, playing and attending HS at Ryle and I don't think the young man has any thoughts of leaving Ryle! From what I know, he was given the same option of attending CovCath that his older brother Zach was, but he chose Ryle. Not really a huge story here, as lots of kids siblings choose to attend a different school. One example is the younger Elliott, he attends a different HS than his older brother Cody.

 

BTW, I thought (don't know for sure) but once you play varsity, and from what I have heard, it doesn't matter if it is just one play or the entire season, unless you move, you sit out the following year! Anyone?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.