Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

CowboysFan

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by CowboysFan

  1. Matt Wright had a very good game last night too. He did a lot to get them close until he fouled out. I don't think he started all last season for the Owls, but most of it.
  2. Way to go ladies wish iI could have been there.
  3. Yea I have heard that Travis Smith is doing a great job at the fifth and sixth grade level, and Owsleys 7th grade team does look really good so yes I think the future looks good at Owsley. I also think this years varisty team will surprise a lot of people. I just hope people give coach Noble time to build and let the team progress as the season goes by.
  4. The guard play is a must. When one of the guards playing now pulls up and shots before trying to work the ball inside and back out, and the other guard still looks at the ball when he dribbles then yes the guard play is a must. I hope the new kid can help if he can play this year.
  5. Mike Turner was a very good player for Owsley, but like the professor said there have been many good ones there.
  6. I am glad Noble is getting a shot. He was my suggestion last year if he would have came last year.
  7. I know Powell had a very good team, and will in the future. I think coach Varney is a really good coach. Coach Dean was and is a very good coach also, and I do believe he will do well at LCC. Skarecrow08 is also right when he says LCC might not have made it out of the 56th district, but thats true for any team that played in the regional tournment. I don't know all the reasons behind Dean leaving Powell all I am saying is with the 56th district as good as it is it would have been nice for him to still be there, and I am not taking anything away from coach Varney every young coach needs a chance to prove themselves.
  8. My feelings exactly UK Sports Fan
  9. Professor I was wondering the same thing but was going to wait for someone else to say it. Thats life you have a good coach and you lose them. Did Powell Co. even make it to the region this year.
  10. I am really glad for coach Dean. I think this is one of many for him if he chooses to stay at LCC.
  11. I would have to go with the Simon Kenton story. Everything for a good movie is there. Plus they made a great run for the state championship and won it.
  12. Congrats go to Estill County they were my pick to win the district anyway.
  13. Anger issues. They get you in trouble sometimes. The anger can go both ways. Not taking anything from coach Hicks but he had a way of making a lot of people have anger issues.
  14. I am with you all the way, and all the other guys as well.
  15. It doesn't matter what anyone on here thinks the decision to stay or resign is his alone. I can see his point in wanting to spend more time with his family. I love sports as well as anyone but family comes before all. Whatever his decision maybe I hope that he is satisfied with it. He does bring excitement to the game, but the Angel kid can do that as well. The way I see it Lee will be ok with either one of those guys coaching the team.
  16. Great job lady owls can not say enough about you.
  17. Those lady Owls are something else they work hard and 15 times this year they have come through way to go girls.
  18. Does not surprise me after reading all I have read. Don't know if I would want to come into work at that place if I were him no matter who was at fault. But you have to do what you have to do.
  19. Running never hurt me just my pride. It makes the good better, but as anything to much is to much. From experience some kids can make themselfs throw up. I don't know how you tell the difference but a team needs to run.
  20. The kid is a very good basketball player, but let me tell all of you and the baseball coach at Owen County he is a better baseball player. He understands the game so well. A very very good hitter and really good in the outfield can cover a lot of ground out there.
  21. Way to go lady Owls getting where you got. Keep getting better and better and who knows what next year might bring.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.