Owsley Co. 57 Lee Co. 38

The Lady Owls pulled off their 2nd district win of the season.

Stats:

Mika Turner - 9 points; 9 rebounds; 4 steals.

Kendra Combs - 20 points; 9 rebounds.

Candi Combs - 10 points.

Sheri Gilbert - 3 points.

Corina Thacker 7 rebounds.

Teri Gilbert - 10 points; 2 steals.

Payton Wright - 5 points; 8 rebounds; 2 steals.

For Lee County:

W. Bowling - 5 points.

E. Murrey - 6 points.

M. Hobbs - 10 points.

C. Johnson - 5 points.

B. McKinney - 2 points.

Smith - 1 point

B. Bowling - 9 points.

Congrats to the Lady Owls!!!!!:dancingpa

Good, hard, fought win for the Lady Owls! Way to beat your district rivals!

I do know one thing for sure, they better have law at Lee Co. come first round of All "A" because as hard as these two teams played tonight, it'll be a doosey.

Congrats to the Lady Owls :dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa

Great win for the Lady Owls and Coach Bates. Heard there was an incident in the game between players. Anyone see it?

I wasn't there, but I heard it was just players going after a loose ball and getting a little physical with one another afterwards. Technicals were called and the game progressed onward. This is Owsley and Lee, a big rivalry between neighboring counties whose county seats are a mere 10 miles apart. These things occasionally occur, but it is not common. It is a great rivalry, and T's are not seen very much in games, whether girls or boys. Games are usually civil, but competitive.

I wasn't there, but I heard it was just players going after a loose ball and getting a little physical with one another afterwards. Technicals were called and the game progressed onward. This is Owsley and Lee, a big rivalry between neighboring counties whose county seats are a mere 10 miles apart. These things occasionally occur, but it is not common. It is a great rivalry, and T's are not seen very much in games, whether girls or boys. Games are usually civil, but competitive.

This may be rumor but I heard there were ejections.