Everything posted by loubballfan
-
DeSales 74 Ballard 73 (OT) (LIT Championship)
Great win for Desales program! Congrats
-
Trinity 102 Ballard 85 (2OT)
This Trinity team starting to play very well Gave up a big 4th quarter lead and showed guts to hang on at end of regulation Will be a tough out come regional time!
-
Highlands 84 St. Xavier 68
I'm not sure what you want to do on offense?? I would bet, without seeing X play, that none of the guards can consistently beat their man off the dribble to create offense so screening, cutting, and ball movement would appear to be the best way to get shooters open and score. The reality is X just doesn't have many elite level basketball players so they cannot compete with top teams and they really haven't been able to for the past decade.
-
Covington Catholic 73 St. Xavier 49
Surprising as I thought St X guards have been playing well this season?
-
Class of 2023 Top Players
Gabe Sisk and Jack Edelen at Ballard are both excellent guards. Kaleb Glenn is the best in class of 2023 from Louisville IMO.
-
St. Xavier 62 Trinity 54
Top 5 team every year from 2010-2019 gets you spoiled, I guess?
-
St. Xavier 62 Trinity 54
Looks like another down year for Trinity. Losing to X, without their best player, does not bode well for the season.
-
St. Xavier vs Trinity Predictions/Updates
St. X at Trinity tonight at 7. Looks to be a relatively even matchup based on records to date.
-
Trinity 94 Christian Academy-Louisville 88 (2OT)
Two solid wins this week. Looks like Trinity may have righted the ship after South Laurel loss!
-
Trinity Hires Jay Cobb
I wonder if he will try to get Coverdale to return from Cincy St. X as OC.
-
South Laurel 62 Trinity 61
Trinity should not be struggling with the 4-5th ranked team in the 13th! No offense meant to the 13th but they have been a top 5 program in the state for most of the past ten years. If Covid protocols allow fans this season, I will have to see the team play but I have to assume the talent level is well below what they have had in the 2010-2020 decade.
-
South Laurel 62 Trinity 61
It's early in the season but this is not a good loss at home to a team ranked 9th in 13th region preseason.
-
Trinity press conference this Thursday - Coach Beatty is retiring.
If he does leave, the Trinity community will be forever grateful for what he has done for the past 20 years!
-
Trinity press conference this Thursday - Coach Beatty is retiring.
I have no inside knowledge but I would have to believe Beatty leaving would be the only reason to hold a press conference and not just make an announcement.
-
Trinity 28 Male 0 (Class 6A State Championship)
Beatty is the best coach in history of Ky and it's not even close!! He's consistently won at the highest level and in 20 years in playoffs has only lost one game he was favored(Dixie in 2004) and has upset better teams from X or Male on multiple occasions! Hats off to the man
-
Trinity vs. Male Predictions/Updates (6A State Championship)
Yes they are
-
Trinity vs. Male Predictions/Updates (6A State Championship)
His age and the lack of success of the current Jr and Soph classes. He can retire now and will be the greatest coach in KY history so if he thinks the next few years will be difficult, I worry he may decide the time is right. Whatever he decides, he will have to be considered one of , if not the greatest, coach in KY history!
-
Trinity vs. Male Predictions/Updates (6A State Championship)
I have no inside knowledge but I fear we may be seeing the last half of a Beatty coached Trinity team. I hope they can finish this off!
-
Trinity vs. St. Xavier Predictions/Updates (6A Semifinals)
I subscribed but cancelled. The problem I found was that there are no announcers and the camera was far away from the field so it was really hard to see player numbers. When I tried to listen to radio to get info, the video stream was at least 30 seconds behind the radio announcers so I found it really hard to follow the game. Others may have solved this problem??
-
Belfry at Ashland Predictions/Updates (3A Semifinals)
Belfy's schedule has prepared them. I think they get it done!
-
Trinity 48 St. Xavier 10
Defense and special teams carried the team tonight. IMO, the offense under Beatty comes along more slowly. Once they hit their stride- look out. This team will be special!!
-
Trinity vs. Archbishop Moeller (OH) Predictions/Updates
Anybody have video yet?
-
Trinity vs. Archbishop Moeller (OH) Predictions/Updates
T returns punt for TD XP good 17-0 11;38 in 2nd
-
Trinity vs. Archbishop Moeller (OH) Predictions/Updates
Trinity holds Moeller but roughs punter to allow Moeller to keep ball. End 1, Moeller has ball about own 35 T10-0
-
Trinity labeled KY team of the decade on Maxpreps
This was basketball, not football.