Everything posted by IM4THEHOUNDS
-
CJ All State Team
Congratulations to all these young men!
-
KY/TN Border Bowl
What college coaches were in attendance last year? I do get that the event costs money . . . I guess I just thought that most of it would be underwritten by sponsors. Knowing ahead of time would also have helped us to put some money aside for the event. I am not at all arguing that the event probably costs them more than the $300 charged---it is a nice bowl. I guess we were led to believe that it was no charge for the player and were surprised to find out that it is $300 and due by December 31st. Money is tighter do to the economy. It isn't as easy to come up with a spare $300 this year.
-
KY/TN Border Bowl
Not to mention most people wouldn't want to ask for the $300 for their kid to participate. I know I wouldn't feel comfortable asking and don't plan on asking. Christmas time is a rough time to ask for that kind of cash. No one was aware of the fee until the letter came in the mail.
-
Newspaper Statistics
If stats are not going to be reported correctly or updated then they should not be reported. Post season awards are often based on these stats and many times they are not correct. This can hurt a small town players chances at getting a deserved recognition. Either assign someone who can report them correctly and on a regular basis or don't report it at all. JMHO
-
KY/TN Border Bowl
It isn't mentioned until the prospective player gets their letter in the mail detailing the confirmation process which includes receipt of the $300 fee. I understand defraying the cost but $300 is a little pricey. Perhaps $75 would be easier to swallow. It is an honor but if you don't have the money . . . you just don't have the money. Anyway, maybe they need more sponsors so the fee can be lowered. Otherwise, a lot of players will have to decline the invitation no matter how big of an honor it appears to be. :(
-
KY/TN Border Bowl
How many knew there was a $300 entry fee required for those who have been selected and choose to play? That is a lot of money. Some of the players will not be able to pay this fee and will be unable to participate.
-
2009 Class of the Commonwealth
Released yesterday: http://www.kentucky.com/232/story/1066474-p2.html Congratulations to all 22 players what an awesome honor!
-
Collinsworth offered by Notre Dame...
Last year Ivy League schools cost $52,700 per year. The cost is rising this year. They do not give athletic scholly's but need based and merit scholly's. If you make below $100,000 and they want you to play ball it is at no cost to the family and the student plays ball and does work study assignments to cover the remaining $2500 or so per year. Set for life and a great experience to boot. Nothing to sneeze at if you ask me.
-
KY/TN Border Bowl
Why?
-
Collinsworth offered by Notre Dame...
Harvard is Division I (Ivy League)
-
Prayers for Monroe Player
We are praying for the recovery of this young man as well as for his family and friends during this difficult time.
-
Highlands vs. Humility
I think Bell County might give Humility a run for their money! They need to put them on the schedule. They think everyone is afraid to play them . . . I bet Humility is not.
-
Who is this year's Mr. Football winner?
:thumb:
-
Collinsworth An Army All American
While this is an awesome accomplishment for Austin, and we wish him the best, you should not use this to negate the accomplishments of the other 18 boys on the list. ALL of them (AC and the others) are excellent athletes and deserve consideration. And, for the record, there are others on the list that have amazing opportunities at the next level as well. Any player who gets to play at the next level while getting their education paid for has done something that many others only wish to have done. Congratulations to ALL the athletes that have been given this opportunity. Oh, yes, I know for a fact that there is another player on the list who has an opportunity to play at Harvard so Austin is not the only one with that feather in his cap.
-
Who is this year's Mr. Football winner?
Congratulations to Corbin's Caleb Watkins who was among the 18 nominees for Mr. Football. You had awesome year.
-
Collinsworth An Army All American
Oh, okay!:thumb:
-
Collinsworth An Army All American
Did they forget to put him on the roster? I looked on the site to see if he would play East or West and he is not listed!:confused:
-
Who is this year's Mr. Football winner?
Congratulations to all the 18 nominees. It is an honor to be considered among the best in high school football in the state win or no win.
-
Who is this year's Mr. Football winner?
Congratulations to all the players that were nominated. It is an honor to be considered among the best.
-
2A: Fort Campbell/Monroe County Updates
Any updates?
-
Prestonsburg 23 Corbin 7
Your right, but sometimes you just have to use what you have. It seems at Corbin it's either feast or famine. During Cashen's four years it was spread'em out and pass, pass, pass without any run game, for the past two years its been the opposite. It has been a long time since we had a good balance. By the way, I also remember when it was a spread offense that we put up some goose eggs.
-
St. Xavier 48 Simon Kenton 34
What type of injury did Simpson sustain? I hope that his recovery is quick and complete.
-
Region Final Sites
Corbin @ Prestonsburg
-
The Border Bowl
It is sponsored by the National Guard (Williamsburg KY) and the deadline to register was November 9th I believe.
-
Statistical Leaders across the State
Corbin