Everything posted by passgate
-
Greenup County - The Fed's are on the way
It is hard for me to put credence to an opinion on behavior by a person who calls themself "Bogey Man"". From my teachings the actions he/she describes, are exactly the kind of person that the "Bogey Man" would want.....just maybe the "Bogey Man" has told Coach Hicks that he was "gonna get ya"..........just museing.......
-
Greenup County - The Fed's are on the way
It seems as if the judgements of some on this board concerning Jim Hicks will not change whether he is guilty of anything or not..........if you compare him with other coaches who are both successful or unsuccessful, I am sure you would find that he is just as animated as some and more animated than some and LESS animated than others.......Jim has a passion for the game and for the kids in his program that many people should express in their chosen professions.........Jim loves kids and he loves basketball and to deny him the growing process to become a more mature coach tells me a lot about the character of the persons that are making these judgements........I don't know the super of GC and I don't know the principal that made the racial statements to Jim.......I do know Jim, and to have the character to bring this situation before the Office of Civil Rights at the risk of losing the job that he loves with a passion, tells me that Jim Hicks is the kind of man that I am proud to call "my friend" and if I had a son that could have Jim as his coach, I would be a proud parent...........Hang in there Jim Bob and remember....water reaches it's own level.
-
Why Russell Repeats in the 16th
Remember, the points that VanHoose scored include the three point shot......the guys you mentioned had nice jump shots and they took lots of them, only counted two points....
-
Russell at Ashland predictions Friday
There is a reason some people call Anderson Gym "Death Valley"........I have seen many teams get "Slaughtered" there........(figuratively-not, literality).....lots of times the refs have been the MVP of the AIT.......to say they take care of the Tomcats is an understatement......given the narcissistic nature of our local refs and the TV cameras.......I would not predict this game on a dare!!!
-
Jim Hicks back on the Bench at Greenup County?
I have been watching basketball in this area and this state for a long time.....in that time, I have seen many coaches come and go, their demeanor as they coach is always not very gentleman like.........lets think back, I can remember Coach Johnson at Raceland did some things a few years ago that he is probably is not proud of.....Coach Cooksey at Fairview, can "carry on" pretty good at times.........Coach Daniels at Rowan Co. can get pretty loud......years ago, Marve Meredith and George Cook could throw some pretty good rants and they now have gyms named after them........these are all good men and have stood the test of time........very few sat in their seat and coached all the time.....I think Greenup Co. will honor their seniors in their next home game, could be that Coach Hicks will give them awards as he has always done.....what has gone on there is a shame and could have been handled before the season started or after the end of this season......the timeing for this was wrong for the school and the team..........I have seen several college coaches that were not exactly perfect gentleman.......Rick Pitino can put a pretty good "cussin" on his boys..........I have seen Eddie Sutton coach when he would have a hard time passing a breatherlizer........I would not let Bob Knight walk my dog, much less coach my kid.......these guys are all making a lot of money for acting like this, bottom line is win and fill the seats.....
-
Officials for 16th Region Tournament
Just wondering...........does Rose Hill have a Principal or is it run by a Church Board or an Admnistrator ? I have no knowledge as to how a Church school is run......... is it just Rose Hill and the tuition of the students or do other Churches give money ? Sorry, that I am ignorant on this subject...
-
Elliott Co 66 Raceland 42
The subject is dropped, but please DON'T drop the enthusiasm you have for your son and his team........maybe it could be tempered some.....these years will pass by quickly so make the memories good ones.......the Elliott kids have a fun team to watch, I wish them and you well....
-
Dakota Euton
Fun for whom ???? Could be the young man likes to be called by his given name......... if he doesen't, then he should choose his nickname and then tell everyone what he wants to be called....
-
Elliott Co 66 Raceland 42
Congrats to the EC Lions!! They are a fun team to watch, can't say enough about their crowd........they were loud and enthusiastic, plus there were lots of them.....it was a pleasure to see how much they enjoyed the win......I can't see anything but good basketball and more fun for them the rest of the season......Good Luck !!!
-
Dakota Euton
His parents named him Dakota.........why can't you call him Dakota?
-
Suspended Coach Jim Hicks suspended again
Was there some new allegations ?? If not, what was the reason given for this latest suspension ?? Is he still not allowed to be at practice or speak to the kids on the team ?? Sure hope this is resolved soon...........with rotating coaches, the kids must think it is like trying to listen to your wife and mother-in-law at the same time......I feel for them!!
-
Greenup Co 60 Boyd Co 53
The suspension was given the night they were to play in the Boyd County tourny after Xmas........the count wasn't started until school was back in session after the Holiday Break..... I was told that last night was the last day of the suspension.........I don't know if Coach Hicks will be on the bench for Fridays game or not...........I too, am confused.....no word as to what will happen next....strange situation when lawyers are involved.....I wish I knew more........
-
Greenup Co 60 Boyd Co 53
No apology needed, that was just my opinion..........I hope they can resolve the whole matter and put it behind them......then, the team will know who is going to lead them............sure seems to be bad timing....
-
Rose Hill vs. Raceland / thoughts and predictions
There are three guys/gals with whstles that could throw everyones strategy out of the gym..... I hope not, but refs often have an effect on a game, whether intended or not.........it will be a great game if the day after, we fans can't remember who called it........Good luck to both teams!!!!
-
Greenup Co 60 Boyd Co 53
If what I read in the Daily Independent was right, the suspension was for a number of working school days, not for a specific number of basketball games.......
-
Cubster's 16th Region Poll 1/14/07
Please explain further why a basketball game would be dropped if it had nothing to do with basketball or money......I can see cancellation, due to weather, transportation, etc. but to drop teams, especially if they are in your district, ie. Raceland, it is hard to follow the logic......enlighten me please, Thanx.
-
Cubster's 16th Region Poll 1/14/07
The reason GCHS's basketball schedule does not have Raceland, Ashland (twice), BC (twice) and the other local teams, could be because the Athletics Director in collusion with the Principal and Superintendent made the changes.
-
Huntinton, WV 97 Lexington Catholic 64
Question to the Rose Hill posters............would like to know where Dawson is now? Have any of you kept up with him? Thanks,
-
Dakota Euton
Let him transfer to Russell and their Radio Crew will give him a nickname quick. It has happened before.
-
Coaches Cursing: Does It Bother You?
To paraphrase the late, great, Redd Foxx....."if you think you are to good to cuss, let me take you to the parking lot and slam my car door on your finger, then see what you say"..........