Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Suspended Coach Jim Hicks suspended again

Featured Replies

It seems old Jim Bob has been suspended by G.C. administration an additional 15 days (not games)...Should run thru Feb.5th...

  • Replies 71
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this an extension of the previous suspension, or an entirely different one?

Has G.C. not completed the investigation, or are there new allegations?

What did Jim Bob do before to get suspended and this time? :confused:

Was there some new allegations ?? If not, what was the reason given for this latest suspension ?? Is he still not allowed to be at practice or speak to the kids on the team ?? Sure hope this is resolved soon...........with rotating coaches, the kids must think it is like trying to listen to your wife and mother-in-law at the same time......I feel for them!!

As a Conner grad, let me state that I'm relieved that this is not the "Jim Hicks" that is the head coach at my alma mater.

 

Details of this suspension?

What did Jim Bob do before to get suspended and this time? :confused:

 

 

It has never been posted on here. You would have to PM someone who knows I suppose. However, I am not that person. :confused:

This has to make you wonder what is going on at GCHS. I do not like all of the whining and sideline antics that Hicks provides but he does know basketball. The administration at Greenup is making the entire school system look like a joke. Either fire the guy or let him do his job. After all you did hire him in the first place.

It appears the circus that is GC politics continues. There is no reasons given for his current suspension, but from a source of a close nature, I've heard that the situation has become dreadfully personal between the Super and Mr. Hicks. I believe that both sides have dug in and now it will be and all out "war" between both parties that will involve the highest levels of the legal system as well as the Federal/State government agencies. I know from my prior experiences the political machine is in full swing in the GC school system. If nothing else, I hope that when this whole episode is completed that there will be justice served for all and not just a few. Remember no matter who's side one may be on in the end the student/athletes are the one's that suffer the most.

It appears the circus that is GC politics continues. There is no reasons given for his current suspension, but from a source of a close nature, I've heard that the situation has become dreadfully personal between the Super and Mr. Hicks. I believe that both sides have dug in and now it will be and all out "war" between both parties that will involve the highest levels of the legal system as well as the Federal/State government agencies. I know from my prior experiences the political machine is in full swing in the GC school system. If nothing else, I hope that when this whole episode is completed that there will be justice served for all and not just a few. Remember no matter who's side one may be on in the end the student/athletes are the one's that suffer the most.

 

Great Post, Jesse Stuart himself could not have written this any better.:thumb:

From a pretty reliable source I heard that there was a handshake agreement made yesterday. Hicks could return with stipulations. He came back today and refused the deal. Thus the additional suspension. And the soap opera continues..........................................................

Coach fights a superintendent? Can you say stupid. In case he forgot, he is the boss.

Doesn't sound to brite to me. I don't know what is going on but I have seen Mr. Hicks and his antics before. Never really had much respect for the man. Not taking anything away from his basketball knowledge. I never played for him.

This has to make you wonder what is going on at GCHS. I do not like all of the whining and sideline antics that Hicks provides but he does know basketball. The administration at Greenup is making the entire school system look like a joke. Either fire the guy or let him do his job. After all you did hire him in the first place.

 

I don't have any idea what led to all this, but I agree with you, at this point the whole school system looks like backwoods buffoons. If the coach and super want to have a feud, do it on their own time, not in middle of a bunch of student-athletes season.

 

the guy seems to have been suspended for a long time. From a district standpoint, either fire him, or drop the whole thing. How long does it take to look into whatever happened?

 

From the coaches' standpoint, either make peace, or resign. It's about Greenup County basketball, not just you.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.