Suspended Coach Jim Hicks suspended again

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you haven't heard the admin's side of the story, then you haven't heard BOTH sides. There is of course 2 sides to every story.

PGfromKY,

Why won't he coach this team????????????????????????????

There seem a few bigger issues at hand in this situation than just coaching the team. If he could - and if he were allowed to coach them without giving up all his rights under the law - then I would be that he would. There have been some major violations for the FBI and the NAACP to get involved. Those should not be swept under the carpet and dismissed in the interest of coaching a few games.

I'm reasonably sure that the FBI doesn't care about items such as the coaching situation at Greenup Co. Like maybe catch some terrorists or something....I'm sure the NAACP and the FBI have bigger fish to fry.

It's not the coaching they are concerned with - from what I understand.

I personally feel it would be best to hold judgement in this situation until everyone knows all the facts.

This is the most intelligent statement since this thread started. All anyone knows is the He said she said stuff. Im sorry but that dont get it. Even if your know one party or the other. They might not be telling the truth. They are much more to this than any of us know.:creepy: :creepy:

This sounds to me like a lose, lose situation. The problem is that this ordeal is affecting students. Politics or no politics, school personnel is there to protect and support students. It doesnt sound like, the students are even being thought of in this situation.

Really? Is that why the ENTIRE Football staff resigned 2 years ago? Greenup lost several very good coachs when that happened:sssh:

Is anybody seeing this?? Its not to say any side is correct but its a thing that makes you say "Um"

TJ Maynard and staff resigned two years ago because of????

I'm not a Hicks fan but???? Well hell, nobody knows whats up there and maybe we shouldn't. But the Greenup County Board of Education should:sleep:

Mabe they do and dont want the general public to know. Mabe they have been advised by their legal team, at this time it would be better not to go public. Plus the rumors are always better than the truth. Plus Kids are tougher than you give them credit. Im sure it is on their mind, but it is just a game. plus they like Coach Sutton. The team is doing fine at this point. Im just saying dont believe everything you hear and half of what you see.:D

Wow if all this is true its safe to assume his goose is cooked. Dang. I had heard about him trying to fire an Asistant Coach, but had not heard about the possible recruiting violations. It will be interesting to see if the Independent gets his side of the story.

Looks like the proof is in the pudding.

Looks like the proof is in the pudding.

The KHSAA has already ruled on the Gillium situation and found no wrong doing, but made the student/athletes. There father stated there was no recruitment of his sons under a previous KHSAA investigation and if he is singing a different tune now he could be in some major problems if this situation goes to court. I hope he realizes what contempt of court is, because that is exactly what he could be facing if he is making contradictory statements. Jassey was also ruled on; I have a hard time believing they would have left any stone unturned with his situation considering how much hyped surrounded him. I will leave you with this note; always consider the source of information when any allegations are raised as I feel some people may not be as solid as others.