Suspended Coach Jim Hicks suspended again

The KHSAA has already ruled on the Gillium situation and found no wrong doing, but made the student/athletes. There father stated there was no recruitment of his sons under a previous KHSAA investigation and if he is singing a different tune now he could be in some major problems if this situation goes to court. I hope he realizes what contempt of court is, because that is exactly what he could be facing if he is making contradictory statements. Jassey was also ruled on; I have a hard time believing they would have left any stone unturned with his situation considering how much hyped surrounded him. I will leave you with this note; always consider the source of information when any allegations are raised as I feel some people may not be as solid as others.

KHSAA makes very weak attempts to unveil recruiting violations just look around the state.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KHSAA makes very weak attempts to unveil recruiting violations just look around the state.

This may be true, but that is their job and they did take written statements from the previously mentioned party or parties. Those do hold up in court and I wouldn't feel too comfortable about the situation if I was this person or persons. The reality is I am afraid this will go to court and and will lead to the tax payers paying a large amount of money for the whole ordeal.

This may be true, but that is their job and they did take written statements from the previously mentioned party or parties. Those do hold up in court and I wouldn't feel too comfortable about the situation if I was this person or persons. The reality is I am afraid this will go to court and and will lead to the tax payers paying a large amount of money for the whole ordeal.

If there has been wrongdoing, I couldn't care less about the cost. Doing what is right may, in fact, cost the tax payers some money. C'est la vie.

Allowing wrongdoing to continue because of the price to stop it is shortsighted.

Notice that I am not saying that there was wrongdoing - that will be decided by people other than me. My point is that money should not preclude a search for the truth. Let the chips fall where they may.

Frances

If the ones making the allegations are the same ones who make the district's decisions concerning reciprocity (see thread in Public/ Private Debates), I believe I would wait until the smoke clears before issuing convictions. We don't have any Solomons making the decisions.

If there has been wrongdoing, I couldn't care less about the cost. Doing what is right may, in fact, cost the tax payers some money. C'est la vie.

Allowing wrongdoing to continue because of the price to stop it is shortsighted.

Notice that I am not saying that there was wrongdoing - that will be decided by people other than me. My point is that money should not preclude a search for the truth. Let the chips fall where they may.

Frances

The point is that the situation should have never come to this. The political nonsense has to stop at some point in the GC School System and obviously it will be at the tax payer’s expense. If the Super, in his "great and mighty" wisdom saw fit to suspend the coach then why do so with pay? If he is truly guilty of all the stated issues, then they should’ve never rehired him to begin with this past summer. Now the man is a tenured teacher and can dig in for this battle. Apparently the term "open gym" has a new meaning as well. According to the article it makes it seem as though players from other schools as well as graduates can not attend. When I was in school our open gym time was open to the public, as many former players and players from other schools would attend. Maybe something good will come of all of this as the GC Schools desperately need an overhauling to rid itself of a few political cliques that are keeping good people from obtaining positions.

I personally feel it would be best to hold judgement in this situation until everyone knows all the facts.

Don't we wish that this was the way it was in all situations? Problem is, doesn't happen very often. I hate to say it, but damage is done already. People already have jumped to their own conclusions, and some people will continue to believe what they want to believe no matter what the outcome is.

Don't we wish that this was the way it was in all situations? Problem is, doesn't happen very often. I hate to say it, but damage is done already. People already have jumped to their own conclusions, and some people will continue to believe what they want to believe no matter what the outcome is.

Hence my reasoning for wanting to hear both sides. For me personally, his sideline antics would be enough for termination. As a teacher part of his job is to be a role-model and mentor to his team and arguing with fans and throwing tantrums on the sidleines doing a game does not do that, IMHO. There is a difference between "animated" and "dangerous" and Hicks has crossed that line more than once.

Hence my reasoning for wanting to hear both sides. For me personally, his sideline antics would be enough for termination. As a teacher part of his job is to be a role-model and mentor to his team and arguing with fans and throwing tantrums on the sidleines doing a game does not do that, IMHO. There is a difference between "animated" and "dangerous" and Hicks has crossed that line more than once.

He did act like that but his behavior, for the most part, was consistent throughout the last 4(?) years!! It was not a problem then nor at the beginning of this year when his contract was up!! Why the problems now??? Looks like the old misdirection is in effect, "go to war play" to detract from other issues. What is quite unbelievable is the fact that most of the recruiting violation allegations involved prior knowledge that could have easily been divulged much earlier. :sssh: This is a "witch hunt" and much to personal on all fronts and sides- objectivity has been thrown out the door and it will be interesting to see who else gets thrown under the bus!!! Lose/Lose for the entire Greenup system. Time, money, reputations will all be victims of this entire mess.

Unfortunately there seems to be alot of "conduct unbecoming" even though its "all about the kids!!!"

I think the "If you live in a glass house" adage might be appropriate here. (Myself included):thumb:

I lived across the street from Greenup Co. High School and chose to attend another one. If this circus doesn't validate that my parents made a quality decision, I don't know what would. I hate it for the kids that are running out of eligibility and living this nightmare of a scandal. And if Hicks is out, I wonder how many kids will leave, if any, and how difficult the aftermath will be for whomever coaches there next?

Everyone remember Rule 4 when discussing issues like this in the future.

4. No school-specific (or general) recruiting comments or allegations of KHSAA rules violations by any school, coach, player or booster are allowed. No talking about where any player lives, has lived, or where they are from in a recruiting context. This is not the place to report KHSAA violations. Feel free to contact www.khsaa.org to report such violations, but do not discuss violations here.