Elliott Co 66 Raceland 42

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the EC Lions!! They are a fun team to watch, can't say enough about their crowd........they were loud and enthusiastic, plus there were lots of them.....it was a pleasure to see how much they enjoyed the win......I can't see anything but good basketball and more fun for them the rest of the season......Good Luck !!!

Guest American Skier

This is my first post; but I would like to mention something I saw at the EC/Raceland game. EC is a great team to watch, run and gun style is addicting if you are a fan!! Late in the game with EC leading by about 20 an official made a walk call on #4. Obvious walk he fell with ball. I saw 3 fans in the EC section go nuts,( pointing and shouting at the Ref that made the call) get up from their seats--they were sitting abount 8 rows up at midcourt. 2 of the fans came all the way to the floor to yell at the REF who made the call. Immediately a very smart EC fan grabbed one of his fans to keep him from getting closer to the ref. Security immediately reacted hurriedly and walked toward the fan. My question is, What would have happened if security had not reacted so quickly? I have seen over 30 high school games this year and I have seen this happen a couple of other times. Some fans seem to think that ticket allows them to abuse the refs! The two officials on this game tonight are some of the best. Both have worked several state tournaments and I think they called a very consistent game tonight. Just wanted to know if anyone else saw this?

Guest American Skier

You are right incognito. EC 7/14 from 3; I think 55% overall from the field. Great shooting numbers, Thye outrebounded Raceland by 9 in second half!!

If Elliott is hitting from the outside , they are very tough. Raceland, IMO, should had concentrated on getting the ball inside more. Elliott had no one to stop Sparks. Ferguson was on fire tonight. He hit many tough shots with defense all over him. I think he is the best player in the region. Elliott's fans were upset with the no call. Feeling Ferguson was slammed. He wasnt. Looked like he was tangled with his team mate. I think the refs let too much go on. But Elliott wasnt to be denied with that shooting.