Elliott Co 66 Raceland 42

This is my first post; but I would like to mention something I saw at the EC/Raceland game. EC is a great team to watch, run and gun style is addicting if you are a fan!! Late in the game with EC leading by about 20 an official made a walk call on #4. Obvious walk he fell with ball. I saw 3 fans in the EC section go nuts,( pointing and shouting at the Ref that made the call) get up from their seats--they were sitting abount 8 rows up at midcourt. 2 of the fans came all the way to the floor to yell at the REF who made the call. Immediately a very smart EC fan grabbed one of his fans to keep him from getting closer to the ref. Security immediately reacted hurriedly and walked toward the fan. My question is, What would have happened if security had not reacted so quickly? I have seen over 30 high school games this year and I have seen this happen a couple of other times. Some fans seem to think that ticket allows them to abuse the refs! The two officials on this game tonight are some of the best. Both have worked several state tournaments and I think they called a very consistent game tonight. Just wanted to know if anyone else saw this?[/QUOTE]

Well hear is the answer to your question!! I have the whole game on video. I reviewed it in slo-mo and #4(as you call him) get's a rebound while being fouled, goes up with the shot and get's hacked on the right arm. Ball then flies up in air #4 goes up get's hands on ball is hipped from behind and starts falling. picture he is still in the air a footor two off ground ball flies loose again while this is going on he hit's ground ball still 3 ft in air noone in control and ref call's walk!!! the two ref's tonight were pitiful on both end's of the floor there were dozen's of no calls on both end's. I even heard one of Racelands coaches saying that refs were pitiful and let game get out of hand. In the mouth's of two or three witness's everything shall be established!!! Look's like your out of luck because we have three: Raceland's coach, Elliott's coach, and me.:D Oh! I forgot one: RA09:banana:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the fans were both well behaved.

Raceland's clapping as Elliott's starters are pulled--Elliott's did the same.

As far as the officials go, it's very subjective. Subjective on their part, and even more so on ours--I didn't like all the calls, but neither did Raceland's crowd. No one could convince me that either official was bias. I make mistakes when doing my job--as do they when doing theirs.

In the last 4 years Elliott Co. has pretty much dominated this tournament. Out of the 4 years, Elliott Co. has a 10-1 record with 3 championships and a runner- up finish. Just thought I would throw that in there.:thumb:

Good win for Elliot Co. Good luck in the All-A. A fan running to the edge of the floor yelling after Ferguson gets fouled is not unusual. I've seen it more than once.

I guess emotion's get high especially when a person's own kid or team is getting hammered!!!! A Rose Hill coach turning on the bench and screaming at a fan is not unusual either. I have seen it more than once! Good luck to Rose Hill the rest of the season!!!!!!!

And just to be upfront and honest and sat scobby's "tale" straight, I was the one who got upset. I was 8 or 9 row's up. I jumped up hollering moved down to row six where 2 or3 of my friends grabbed me by the arm and stopped me. The only person who went to the floor was my little (younger)brother who with his back to the floor not saying anything to the ref's was waiting to waylay me if I had came on down so I wouldn't get thrown out. The cop(or whatever he was) came over toward our area with a raceland authority figure of some sort and a fan of elliotts whom had said nothing at this point jumped up and holleredyou need to take care of your own before you come over here and jump on some one and points to a raceland fan who is on the very edge of the court screaming his head off!! Without a word to me or my brother (who was only one ever close to the floor) the cop and other dude looked over at raceland fan and turned and went back over thereand said something to him. Almost like the pot calling the kettle black. That is my story (its true) and I'm sticking to it. Just in case you need proof on the raceland fan, he had dark curly hair, white button up with collar turned up!!! OH! I almost forgot ther e was a raceland fan threw his hat to the floor. It never made it onto the court but it did hit the floor. there again pot calling kettle black. GIVE US(BOTH SIDES) A BREAK. WERE JUST BEING FAN'S!!!!!!!!!

Just saw the article in the Daily Independent and noticed that only two people officiated the game. Sounds like from previous post on this thread that a third official could have possibly helped.

I would venture to say that with the speed, athleticism and basketball ability that both of these teams have, the best place to be to make all of the correct calls would be about mid court and six rows up where one would have broader vision.

Example: IF one official is watching the ballhandler and the person guarding the ballhandler, this would leave the other official to watch the other eight players. Imagine eight players moving without the ball, screening, posting, in and out of the paint (three seconds), cheap shots, etc...

Not defending the officials, just simply providing some food for thought.

If Elliott is hitting from the outside , they are very tough. Raceland, IMO, should had concentrated on getting the ball inside more. Elliott had no one to stop Sparks. Ferguson was on fire tonight. He hit many tough shots with defense all over him. I think he is the best player in the region. Elliott's fans were upset with the no call. Feeling Ferguson was slammed. He wasnt. Looked like he was tangled with his team mate. I think the refs let too much go on. But Elliott wasnt to be denied with that shooting.

Did you watch the second half of the game? Sparkes had 12 points in the first half and no points in the second half, evidently someone stopped him.:confused:

Great game from the Lions. The defense in the second half was AWESOME. Ferguson played another great game along with Chris Knipp and the Twins. I think everybody that played alot for the Lions hit a big shot. Maynard and the other Knipp came off of the bench and provided some good minutes. Good luck in Richmond and the rest of the year.:thumb:

And just to be upfront and honest and sat scobby's "tale" straight, I was the one who got upset. I was 8 or 9 row's up. I jumped up hollering moved down to row six where 2 or3 of my friends grabbed me by the arm and stopped me. The only person who went to the floor was my little (younger)brother who with his back to the floor not saying anything to the ref's was waiting to waylay me if I had came on down so I wouldn't get thrown out. The cop(or whatever he was) came over toward our area with a raceland authority figure of some sort and a fan of elliotts whom had said nothing at this point jumped up and holleredyou need to take care of your own before you come over here and jump on some one and points to a raceland fan who is on the very edge of the court screaming his head off!! Without a word to me or my brother (who was only one ever close to the floor) the cop and other dude looked over at raceland fan and turned and went back over thereand said something to him. Almost like the pot calling the kettle black. That is my story (its true) and I'm sticking to it. Just in case you need proof on the raceland fan, he had dark curly hair, white button up with collar turned up!!! OH! I almost forgot ther e was a raceland fan threw his hat to the floor. It never made it onto the court but it did hit the floor. there again pot calling kettle black. GIVE US(BOTH SIDES) A BREAK. WERE JUST BEING FAN'S!!!!!!!!!

I seen the fan on the Raceland side I wasnt standing to far from him and he was almost on the floor a couple o times and nobody said a word. The Elliott fans get riled up and a Rent-A-Cop walks over there with somebody in a Raceland Pullover and then walks right back over to the other side.