Elliott Co 66 Raceland 42

I got a question? Why do they take so many players for all tournament in a 6 team tourney? I am all for giving the kids publicity but 2 from Menifee Co. and they got beat by 60 in there only game in the tourney. Rose Hill had 2 players make it and the one that should have made it didnt.:scared:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have always enjoyed the Raceland/Elliott games. The Elliott fans have to be tops in the area for school spirit. They come out in full support of their team, which is so much fun to watch play, and their cheerleaders who are awesome also.

And just to be upfront and honest and sat scobby's "tale" straight, I was the one who got upset. I was 8 or 9 row's up. I jumped up hollering moved down to row six where 2 or3 of my friends grabbed me by the arm and stopped me. The only person who went to the floor was my little (younger)brother who with his back to the floor not saying anything to the ref's was waiting to waylay me if I had came on down so I wouldn't get thrown out. The cop(or whatever he was) came over toward our area with a raceland authority figure of some sort and a fan of elliotts whom had said nothing at this point jumped up and holleredyou need to take care of your own before you come over here and jump on some one and points to a raceland fan who is on the very edge of the court screaming his head off!! Without a word to me or my brother (who was only one ever close to the floor) the cop and other dude looked over at raceland fan and turned and went back over thereand said something to him. Almost like the pot calling the kettle black. That is my story (its true) and I'm sticking to it. Just in case you need proof on the raceland fan, he had dark curly hair, white button up with collar turned up!!! OH! I almost forgot ther e was a raceland fan threw his hat to the floor. It never made it onto the court but it did hit the floor. there again pot calling kettle black. GIVE US(BOTH SIDES) A BREAK. WERE JUST BEING FAN'S!!!!!!!!!

Fans will be fans but you did get a little out of hand!!! ;) I still believe Ferguson was not fouled on that particular play(I thought he got undercut by his own) but I guess its in the eye of the beholder. Officials did let they play thats for sure.

Just like to say congrats to the Elliot Co. team:thumb:(Faulkners are two class kids and incredible fans of the game) If they continue to do up like that and keep up the team ball I believe they should be considered the 16th Region favorites. I so both big losses of Raceland to Russell and Elliot- that latter was much more convincing.

Fans will be fans but you did get a little out of hand!!! ;) I still believe Ferguson was not fouled on that particular play(I thought he got undercut by his own) but I guess its in the eye of the beholder. Officials did let they play thats for sure.

Just like to say congrats to the Elliot Co. team:thumb:(Faulkners are two class kids and incredible fans of the game) If they continue to do up like that and keep up the team ball I believe they should be considered the 16th Region favorites. I so both big losses of Raceland to Russell and Elliot- that latter was much more convincing.

So did fan's on your side!!;) ;) I would really like for you to see the video you would change your mind. You winked like you might know me if you do I would be happy for you to make a date and view the tape!:D :dancingpa

I thought the fans were both well behaved.

Raceland's clapping as Elliott's starters are pulled--Elliott's did the same.

As far as the officials go, it's very subjective. Subjective on their part, and even more so on ours--I didn't like all the calls, but neither did Raceland's crowd. No one could convince me that either official was bias. I make mistakes when doing my job--as do they when doing theirs.

I 'm not saying they were bias at all. I'm saying they were pitiful period and so did some of the Raceland coaching staff as I stated previously!!!!!!!!!! And it was'nt about not seeing!!!! I saw an official standing 2 ft from someone as they completely annihilated the shooter with his eye on the play, heard the smack over my own loud mouth(that's saying something) and "NO CALL". This happened to both teams several times!!!! You can reply but Im done with this I know what I saw.I have it on tape and it's what it! Bye Bye:sleep:

I guess emotion's get high especially when a person's own kid or team is getting hammered!!!! A Rose Hill coach turning on the bench and screaming at a fan is not unusual either. I have seen it more than once! Good luck to Rose Hill the rest of the season!!!!!!!
What happened to Rose Hill against Raceland?

Folks been making alot of noise about Rose Hill, the kid with the nickname thread and all the stats.

Have they padded their schedule with cupcakes?

What happened to Rose Hill against Raceland?

Folks been making alot of noise about Rose Hill, the kid with the nickname thread and all the stats.

Have they padded their schedule with cupcakes?

In all seriousness, Rose Hill is a talented team that is still very young. They probably will not be able to get it done this season, but they are going to be a force for the next few years - assuming that their young players stay at Rose Hill. And no, I have no reason to believe they would leave or anything. Its fun to battle back and forth with the Loyal Royal Supporters on here, but when it comes down to it, they have a good team at Rose Hill.

Rose Hill is talented but young. They ran into a well coached team at home and then had an off night on top of that. Give all the credit to Johnson and his staff and players. They executed a great game plan. Elliott County was just too quick and ready for a little revenge after the earlier upset. The Lions have a shot at winning a game or two in Richmond and i wish them the best.

Good win for Elliot Co. Good luck in the All-A. A fan running to the edge of the floor yelling after Ferguson gets fouled is not unusual. I've seen it more than once.

How many games have you seen Elliott play? I have seen a lot of Elliott's games, and was at the Raceland and Elliott game and have yet to see anyone run to the floor after Ferguson was fouled, however one fan did go down to the second step at the Raceland game. Lets tell it like it is if we tell it .

How many games have you seen Elliott play? I have seen a lot of Elliott's games, and was at the Raceland and Elliott game and have yet to see anyone run to the floor after Ferguson was fouled, however one fan did go down to the second step at the Raceland game. Lets tell it like it is if we tell it .

I have been to alot of Elliott games in the past 5 years and I am yet to see anyone run out beside the court or onto the court.

Sportsfan said it was him who went to the court. He also confirmed my statement by saying, "I guess emotion's get high especially when a person's own kid or team is getting hammered!!!!" He made a response in regard to a Rose Hill coach which is also very true and I also don't support.

In a way I kind of understand the response of Sportsfan. The ref's need to get some control.

Sportsfan said it was him who went to the court. He also confirmed my statement by saying, "I guess emotion's get high especially when a person's own kid or team is getting hammered!!!!" He made a response in regard to a Rose Hill coach which is also very true and I also don't support.

In a way I kind of understand the response of Sportsfan. The ref's need to get some control.

What I said sir, was I moved from 8th row to about row 5 or 6. I said that my brother was only one to floor to make sure I didn't make it. You are right though you have seen me on floor in past. Guilty as charged!!! IF EVERYONE DOESN'T CARE I WOULD LIKE TO DROP THIS SUBJECT WITH THIS POST. I am not exactly thrilled that I got that stirred up and hopefully never will again!!!!

The subject is dropped, but please DON'T drop the enthusiasm you have for your son and his team........maybe it could be tempered some.....these years will pass by quickly so make the memories good ones.......the Elliott kids have a fun team to watch, I wish them and you well....