Everything posted by OutlawJoseyWales
-
Belfry's stadium
Very well said. Vipperman was very special place to play. The overall lack of conveniences added to the mystique. Alot of blood, sweat and tears have been spilled on that old turf....and she'll always be held in the highest regard to the Belfry faithful. From the poor lighting...to the fans climbing the mountain backdrop for many a game....Vipperman had a magical feel to it. A feeling that CAM has yet to discover. That could very well change come Friday afternoon if the boys can win one more. If that happens, then we can say a championship marched thru CAM. No one should ever devalue the role or significance of Vipperman stadium to the Belfry faithful. It's definitely hallowed ground.
-
Belfry vs. Louisville Central 3A State Championship
I've had the pleasure to watch both teams this season on more than one occasion. If Belfry and Highlands lined it up this year.....honestly, the game would be a toss up.
-
Belfry vs. Louisville Central 3A State Championship
Did Highlands jump two classes? I thought they should have been classed 4A...but decided to move on to 5A?
-
Belfry vs. Louisville Central 3A State Championship
There's some great locker room fodder out here!
-
Belfry vs. Louisville Central 3A State Championship
Amen.
-
Belfry vs. Louisville Central 3A State Championship
You've discounted the Johnson Central loss all year...no need to throw it out there now.
-
Belfry vs. Louisville Central 3A State Championship
Keep thinking that way.
-
Belfry vs. Louisville Central 3A State Championship
I don't really think Acefull was comparing schedules.....but addressing the effort Belfry has displayed thoroughout the season. Few letdowns...and have always rose to the occasion in the big games they've played to date. Speaking of schedules....while the regular season schedule could definitely be considered a "murders row" for Central......I can say quite confidently that Belfry's had the more difficult of the two in the postseason.
-
Belfry vs. Louisville Central 3A State Championship
Go Pirates!
-
Belfry vs. Louisville Central 3A State Championship
Can't view it for some reason on my computer. Did you watch any of it? If so, what are your thoughts?
-
Belfry vs. Louisville Central 3A State Championship
That's why I think Haywood is the difference maker. He won't let them get the big head.
-
Belfry vs. Louisville Central 3A State Championship
Yeah....Central is very capable of beating Belfry.....especially a Belfry team that's reading press clippings. IMO, Coach Haywood is the "great equalizer" in this match-up.
-
Belfry vs. Louisville Central 3A State Championship
Word of warning for Belfry fans: Don't think this game is a foregone conclusion. Belfry will need to be at their best against Central. Forget about the JC/Central game....and forget about the Belfry/JC game. Central is big, fast and itching to make a name for themselves. While they've never been this far in the playoffs....and yes....nerves will be a factor at least coming out the gate.....they're definitely not to be overlooked. In the eyes of the Central players...my guess is they think this one is a no brainer....in their favor. They've played a difficult schedule....played some historically strong teams very close....and despite Belfry's record...probably feel like they can take the Pirates. Belfry needs to come into this one with same nasty, smash mouth approach they've taken all year. IMO, Haywood is the REAL difference maker in this one. Belfry will need to keep Central back on their heels with a mixture of belly, options and traps. Don't be surprised if you see an actual pass or two come Friday. IMO, you can forget about the illusions of a 4-5 td victory. If that happens I would be shocked beyond belief. My guess is Belfry will win in a nailbiter....probably by 10-12 points.
-
Belfry vs. Louisville Central 3A State Championship
Sweet.:thumb:
-
Belfry vs. Louisville Central 3A State Championship
I've seen Highlands, Belfry, Lex Cath...all up close and personal. All are very talented. All are on the same footing. Belfry would more than hold than own...and then some.
-
Belfry vs. Louisville Central 3A State Championship
I've seen Highlands play a few times this year....and yes they're very good....and yes.....they are no better than Belfry.
-
Belfry 62 Breathitt Co. 28
You have to understand it's a delicate situation. Mr. Steve Phillips was the voice of the Pirates since the early 80's...and his unexpected death really affected the Pirate Nation. He's doing the best he can...and in his own way still paying his respects. I'm sure over time it'll get better.
-
Breathitt County at Belfry
If so..then my apologies. Thanks.:thumb:
-
Breathitt County at Belfry
Whether Belfry wins or loses tomorrow night....IMO, you've grossly underestimated the balance and depth of this Belfry offense. This offense is heads and tails better than last year's version. And while May and Lee are not as quick as Howard and Jones (2003/2004), if you compare their stats....the numbers are eerily similar. I hope everyone continues to think this offense is "nothing special", average at best....or anything else you want to call it. I guess we'll find out tomorrow:cool:
-
Breathitt County at Belfry
I guess you'll find out Friday how their "nothing special" offense is.:eek:
-
Lexington Catholic at Harrison County
Both players will be out for Friday's game. Real blow to HC's chances. Due to privacy, I will not mention any names or injuries...but Dr's are saying both will be fine in time.
-
Lexington Catholic at Harrison County
While Harrison has definitely turned things around....I simply can't agree with your post. They certainly backed down from Marion and Franklin earlier in the year. yes...HC and Lex Cath have squared off in some barn burners over the past 3-4 years. Harrison will have to play a near perfect game and get a break or two to have a real chance to come out of this one. Cath is strong up front...and quick on the outside. Harrison will have to limit the big play and eat up clock. I look for this game to be decided by halftime. If the game is within a score at half....either way....Harrison has a real chance to pull it off. If they find themselves down by 10 or more....It'll be a real challenge to keep the kids focused and poised to execute a comeback against a very talented Catholic team. Good Luck Harrison.
-
Central at Paducah Tilghman
Does the winner of this game become the 3A favorite? Alot of discussion on the Belfry/Breathitt thread....thinking the winner of that game will win the championship. I'm not sure I agree. While I've not seen PT...they sound like an athletic, speed oriented club with solid talent. I know Central is talented. Any thoughts??
-
Belfry @ Somerset (3A)
That's wishful thinking......but Haywood hasn't garnered 2 State Crowns by looking past his current opponent...so you can forget that. A "shootout" is highly doubtful. Somerset is in a pretty good spot. At home....no traveling....and in all probablity....flown somewhat off the radar considering Russell, Breathitt and Belfry have cornered the conversation market. But believe me....They're on Belfry's radar.
-
Pikeville @ Lexington Christian (1A)
Pikeville 34 LCA 28