Everything posted by Mator23
-
Who will be the new coach at Clay County?
I heard that there would be a coach in place by the 1st of June.
-
Who will be the new coach at Clay County?
Heard that Combs had the super on his side.
-
Spurlock leaves Clay Co., hired at Sheldon Clark
Dont count out a former coach coming back. More likely than you think.
-
6th Grade Basketball Tournaments
I am looking for any 6th grade Basketball tournaments in March or April. Thanks.
-
13th Region Tournament goes to The Arena
Lynn Camp will never have a chance so the only thing for them is they will now have a shorter walk to watch it.
-
Williamsburg 7 Clay Co. 0
I think that Clay should be back on the rise. Over the past few years Clay had a coach whose primary interest was not baseball. Clay has a new coach, with new enthusiasm and loads of young talent. Look for Clay baseball to be on the rise.
-
2007 Clay County
By no means am I a racist individual. I was merely commenting on the remarks of kycat I believe that these statistics would back up my comment about better opportunities for whites in baseball. As for the discussion about being slow, and 6 foot…I really don’t think it matters what race you are, if you are this type of person you are more than likely not going to play after high school. So everything aside if you are in high school and wanting to choose a sport why not choose the one that is the most fun and if that is football then good if that is basketball then good, but if you are looking to further your career and go to the next level at something I say baseball is your sport. Here are some stats to back up my claims… MLB 78% US-born 64% white 10% black 4% latino 22% foreign born 15.15% Latin America 2% Asian .85% Japanese NFL 66% of all NFL players are black. *note 31.5% are white NBA 73% Black 17% White 10% International Sources: Elder, Larry. What if the NBA had Quotas? Retrieved March 29, 2007, from, http://www.townhall.com. Lapchick, Richard L. 2005 Racial and Gender Report Card. Retrieved March 29, 2007, from, http://www.ncasports.org/FINAL%20RGRC.pdf.
-
2007 Clay County
- 2007 Clay County
Realistically the chances of the small slow, emphasis on slow, white boy getting a scholarship or dominating in football seem to be as small as it is in basketball. To me the only sport that the kid you are describing can really excel at is baseball. I know weather dictates, to some degree, the play of baseball, but I think that many athletes should consider this sport more. A perfect example would be the Lewis kid. With his arm and his work ethic he might even have a chance at getting drafted, I know the chances are low but, I know unequivocally that he will never get drafted by the NFL. So to me, if the future is what these kids should be considering when choosing a sport they should be looking at baseball rather than football or basketball.- 2007 Jackson County
I would think they need to get the brumback kid playing. He is a horse would make a great football player.- Corbin vs. South Laurel
I will say South by 7.- Clay's Glen Gray steps down
What about Coach Combs, last years assistant? Or other names that have been thrown around: Mike White, Shannon Hoskins, Robert Marcum.- 13th Region Tournament Host
I was wondering how everyone felt about the way Clay County was handling the tournament this year. I have heard numerous complaints about parking, passes, split sessions, just to name a few.- Clay @ Bell predictions.
I will say Clay by six.- 13th Preseason top 5
I really dont know the 13th baseball that well and was just wondering if anyone had any ideas.- Conditioning?
How do most schools handle out of season conditioning or other out of season matters? Just curious our program does nothing until the 15th.- South Laurel 58 Corbin 41
Well I have always heard that Ifs and Buts were candy and nuts we would all have a merry Christmas.- Leslie @ Clay Predictions 1/24
Clay by 3 64-61- WYMT Mountain Classic Championship Game
I am going to have to take skinpig's side on this issue, not because Clay hasnt won it in awhile, but because they were not even invited to the tournament. History should, in this case, go a long way. Clay has won the tournament, i think, 9 times and went to the tournament just after they won the state tournament. Could have went anywhere in the U.S. but they chose hindman. What did Paintsville do, they went to Las Vegas after they won it.- North Laurel 83 Middlesboro 78
When did Clay and Mboro become such good allies, or are you guys from Clay just hate Laurel schools that bad. Proffitt head and shoulders above the rest of the "points" in the 13th.- Clay @ Cumberland Predictions
I say Clay in a battle...64-60- Top 5 Players: 13th Region
Now that we are into the season, who are the top 5 players in the 13th? Proffitt-South Allen-South Allen-North Crawford-Corbin Jones-Clay- Leslie vs North Predictions
I am going to say Leslie by 4.- Clay Co. 69 Powell Co. 66
Clay's schedule is a little weak. Must be something over there, football team does the same thing.- Clay Co. 69 Powell Co. 66
Is Jones finally back to 100% after the ankles? If so how did he play last night? - 2007 Clay County