Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Italian Stallion

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Italian Stallion

  1. Agreed. Hurd plays against much better competition, averages around 18 a game, and is leading the state in FG%, I think he takes it over Neeley. This isn't most valuable player, which maybe Neeley deserves because both Hester and Hurd have a lot of talent around them, but POY is different, it's really just who played the best all year, which I think is Josh Hurd. IMO.
  2. This makes no sense. How can they be liabilities if McFarland is a starter, and Bibbins would start or at least be 6th man if he didn't get hurt? They are obviously assets or they wouldn't get in the game. :confused:
  3. If you think the Bibbins comparison is correct, why don't you think he could play for NKU, as Bibbins does? Hester definitely has the talent, his size hurts, but his quickness makes up for it. IMO.
  4. A lot of people seemed to think this. But I think that Hurd actually deserved it more than anyone.
  5. Any stats? How did Pettigrew, Hill, and Rice do?
  6. I disagree, completely. I've watched Hester many times, and I've seen several NKU games. He could definitely play there, without a doubt. You need to see him more often.
  7. He definitely won't be ahead of Finnell. Kramer and Kimmey see very little action. McFarland is good, but I hardly consider him a guard because he never never shoots and rarely even dribbles the ball. Bibbins is solid and similar to Hester. But he's older and now has injury concerns. The medical redshirt ruling will make a big difference.
  8. I really don't know why these threads get started...
  9. I think he's a better scorer than Bibbins, and possibly a better defender, but his size really hurts. Just my opinion though.
  10. Anybody else think this would be good for both sides? IMO Hester has the talent to play at NKU. It's close to home and they're building a state of the art, 9,000 seat arena? And NKU could use a player like Hester. I'd like to see it happen. Mainly because I'd like to get more chances to watch him play. Opinions?
  11. Simon Kenton plays very physical, especially Kohrs. They like to push the other team around as much as they can, and intimidate them - a lot of attitude from these kids, in a good way. I don't think it's dirty at all, not that you're implying that. CovCath did a good job matching the intensity and toughness last night.
  12. I actually disagree with this. If anything, I think that Hester should be more aggressive at times. He's a pass first, shoot second kinda guy. I wish he had more size. I could still see him at somewhere like NKU, he has the talent.
  13. Final from Park Hills. Josh Hurd was held to 6 points on the night. :eek:
  14. I disagree that CovCath next year, as a team, will be better than they are this year. They might have a better record, but I think that this year's team would be next year's team by 10+. Unfortunately, you could never truly find out. Jacobs and Bovard are too hard to replace, IMO. You can't compare basketball to a game of horse. And CovCath may have better shooters, but that's not the only talent you need in basketball. You can't just exclude Holmes' athletic ability. Athletic ability, in basketball, can be seen as a talent, because of how it pertains to the game, and how it helps to improve upon talent, IMO. I think Holmes talent is much better than anybody else in NKY because of this reason.
  15. Idk, I would agree with you. But how can SK be the team to beat, when they've already been beat? I'm pulling for them too, and I think they are the better team, but for now, it's probably Shelby.
  16. I agree with everyone else that Hurd will have a big game, if he plays like he did against Scott, I think SK will win. Hester, Elbert, and Layne need to hit open shots with they get the looks, and try not to turn the ball over. I think Jacobs and Bovard will be hard to stop, especially without Hester at 100%. My heart says Simon, but my head says CovCath. CovCath - 56 Simon Kenton - 52
  17. On second thought I don't care how many 'bows Kohrs throws. I love that kid. When he got an and one play I stood up and cheered. I love the way he plays.
  18. Not what I expected out of this game, rivalries are usually closer than this, but this game was never in doubt for the Pioneers. They started fast and never looked back. Hurd dominated the game, way too much size for Scott. It looked like they almost felt bad for going to him sometimes because it was so easy for him to score. He shot 13-16 from the field. Hester played well, but still isn't driving as much as he was. But if he can continue to hit shots, he'll be nearly unstoppable once he's 100%. Layne was 3-3 from the field and 2-2 at the line. Great game by Kohrs, but he'll get called for throwing those 'bows someday. Good win for the Pioneers, it's about time they looked up their potential, it's been awhile. Good luck to the Eagles the rest of the way.
  19. Impossible to determine IMO. And even if you could, who really cares?
  20. This is scary. Hopefully the injuries are the reason that SK isn't playing as well as they had been, because that will be fixed before regionals. It sure does look like they're getting cold at the wrong time though.
  21. I remember SK pressing two years ago, but that team was much younger than this team. Honestly, I don't know why. I guess he just prefers a half court game.
  22. I'm not sting, but you didn't say it as an opinion. You said it as fact, that they have the most heart in the state. This is an impossible fact. I would venture to say that the majority of the state has the same amount of heart and drive and Scott does. Granted, there are a few that may not want it so bad, or work as hard. But to pretend that Scott just works harder than everyone else is absurd to me. Every kid wants to win, they all want to do well, they want to represent their coach and their school as well as they can; I don't think Scott or any other school in the state is any different.
  23. I could be wrong, but I don't think SK will win by 15. These games always tend to be close to the end, I don't see this one shaping up any different. I hope it's just as close as the one in December, with the same result. :dancingpa

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.