Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

CovCath 53 Simon Kenton 49

Featured Replies

  • Replies 50
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope that Hurd was passive offensively due to his injured shoulder.

I was wrong about the score, Congrats to Cov. Cath, their defense seemed to be as good as it usually is, but i still think i am right about SK. IMO SK is the best team in NKY when healthy, They are the only team that can be consistent on the permiter and in the paint, and can beat you multiple ways. Hester still has a tender ankle and Hurd is not him self with his shoulder. If they are healthy by region, they will be a tough out and i think they will make it to rupp, and make some noise down in state. JMO.

Heard CCH really locked down on defense in the 4th. Good game for both teams with districts on the horizon.

I was wrong about the score, Congrats to Cov. Cath, their defense seemed to be as good as it usually is, but i still think i am right about SK. IMO SK is the best team in NKY when healthy, They are the only team that can be consistent on the permiter and in the paint, and can beat you multiple ways. Hester still has a tender ankle and Hurd is not him self with his shoulder. If they are healthy by region, they will be a tough out and i think they will make it to rupp, and make some noise down in state. JMO.

 

If what you are saying is true, then why is the coach playing them in a game that means nothing. Give them time to heal up, prior to the important games, it just doesn't make sense!

If what you are saying is true, then why is the coach playing them in a game that means nothing. Give them time to heal up, prior to the important games, it just doesn't make sense!

 

 

I think they should be sitting Hurd, Even friday when he but up big numbers against Scott you could tell his shoulder was more than bothering him, but they are getting Hester back into game shape, He was on the shelf a while with his foot, not ankle (my mistake), i am pretty sure that is why he is playing.

I think they should be sitting Hurd, but they are getting Hester back into game shape, He was on the shelf a while with his foot, not ankle (my mistake), i am pretty sure that is why he is playing.

 

Agreed, while CovCath did a rather good job on the young man tonight, he didn't look like the player that I watched a couple of times earlier this season.

 

BTW, Michael Grimes, has got to be the hardest working kid I have seen on a basketball floor in a long, long time. The kid is as tough as they come, but his body tonight has to be one big bruise as many times as he was picking himself off the floor tonight.

 

Considering that TJ sat out most of the third quarter and a lot of the fourth quarter, and CovCath still won, maybe having TJ sit out the Toyota Classic (for his injury) wasn't such a bad thing in the long run, as CovCath didn't fall apart tonight when he was sitting on the bench tonight.....

Agreed, while CovCath did a rather good job on the young man tonight, he didn't look like the player that I watched a couple of times earlier this season.

 

BTW, Michael Grimes, has got to be the hardest working kid I have seen on a basketball floor in a long, long time. The kid is as tough as they come, but his body tonight has to be one big bruise as many times as he was picking himself off the floor tonight.

 

Considering that TJ sat out most of the third quarter and a lot of the fourth quarter, and CovCath still won, maybe having TJ sit out the Toyota Classic (for his injury) wasn't such a bad thing in the long run, as CovCath didn't fall apart tonight when he was sitting on the bench tonight.....

 

Cov Cath. Is a great team, and they are as deep as they come, TJ is a stud but in the long and short run, him being hurt doesn't seem like it has hurt Cov. Cath to much, I still think they win the ninth. Tonight if you got to see this game you got to see to great teams go at it.

Hurd never tried to score unless he caught the ball in a position faced up to the basket. His bread and butter this season has been the jump-hook. I can't think of one time when he tried it tonight and he also even had trouble just catching the ball. I agree, rest the shoulder.

 

With Hester, he seems to move better every game although tonight he came up limping after driving the lane or going up to rebound. Based on what I have seen with him, it is probably better to play.

 

It was a great game to watch. SK gave a better game than I expected and was actually in a position to win. The guy that actually may put SK in a position to compete for the region is #45. His presence was definitely there.

 

It has been awhile since I have seen a Cov Cath game coached by Listerman. How and why does he get away with working the refs like he does? Just because it is his style doesn't mean it should be accepted.

 

Congrats Cov Cath. When SK went up by 4 in the 4th, Jacobs came in and hit the big shot which put the momentum on their side and finally the victory. Probably a very good chance these two can play again.

Cov Cath. Is a great team, and they are as deep as they come, TJ is a stud but in the long and short run, him being hurt doesn't seem like it has hurt Cov. Cath to much, I still think they win the ninth. Tonight if you got to see this game you got to see to great teams go at it.

 

Was at the game, and it was a great game between to very, very good teams. Too bad either one had to lose.....and best of luck to SK the rest of the way......

I don't know if I've ever watched a high school game where there were 11 coaches (not counting about 6 trainers) combined on the benches.

I don't know if I've ever watched a high school game where there were 11 coaches (not counting about 6 trainers) combined on the benches.

 

This means that one team "out-coached" the other tonight since there was an odd number of coaches on the sidelines. Good luck to both teams as they work to advance to Rupp.

I don't know if I've ever watched a high school game where there were 11 coaches (not counting about 6 trainers) combined on the benches.

 

Obviously you've never been to a NCC game then. They usually have more coaches than players on the bench.

Nice game. Both teams played pretty well and I was impressed with the effort...

Does anyone have the STAT link for CovCath?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.