CovCath 53 Simon Kenton 49

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is some points I'd like to make.

1. This was a good game to watch, even though it was low scoring. Two great defensive teams squared off and shut each other down for the most part.

2. TJ probably had around 15 but held himself under 20 by picking up 3 dumb reach in fouls and a 4th by the start of the 4th quarter. He's a senior and has to be smarter than that.

3. Hurd seemed to be fine to me, CCH just played great defense on him with smaller guys. Hurd probably should have been on the FT line a little more but both teams got away with a little.

4. I heard some remarks about the officials, and of course the Listermans were all over the 3 officials, but I thought they did a wonderful job.

5. The juniors for CCH are what makes this team go. Not the seniors. The nucleus of Rolle, Bondick, Schmerge and (next years POY in the 9th) Grimes is why this team is so good.

6. Luke Maile must see more time!!!!!! He's going to be special.

7. Hester is wonderful, but has to get more of his teammates involved when they need points. Just let the game come to him more.

8. I had the wonderful opportunity to take the game in with my gf, her dad, and sit with the legend him self "Ken Sheilds". He's awesome, he had some great one-liners and it was really cool to listen to his observations. Thanks Coach.

Congrats to the Colonels for the win. Hurd didnt even seem too interested in this game. I dont know how he couldnt but he really didnt show much intensity at all. Maybe it was his shoulder or maybe it was how physical CovCath was playing him down low. I dont know if its just me but it seems like refs let alot more go if the guy who is being physical is 6 inches shorter than the guy he is guarding. Cant blame the refs in this one though they did make some awfully wierd calls from time to time. Listerman should have been T'd up a few times in this game ( both of them actually ) but you cant expect that to happen to that man in that gym. Both teams played very hard and this game was a joy to watch. SK just couldnt execute down the stretch.

I thought Cov. Cath. did a good job of keeping it close when Jocobs went out in foul trouble. The problem is when he is not in there was nobody really looking to score. When he got back in he just lit it up and gave them the boost they needed to win this game. I do think it is fair to say that one team did get out coached tonight, Listerman did a great job with his subs and working the refs. It was my first game at cov cath and the atmoshpere was awsome I wish there was more schools out there like them.

5. The juniors for CCH are what makes this team go. Not the seniors. The nucleus of Rolle, Bondick, Schmerge and (next years POY in the 9th) Grimes is why this team is so good.

Well, considering Bovard runs the offense, Brandon shuts down anyone (and the so-called "intangibles"), and Todd is the only person who can hit a big shot, I'd say this is a senior-oriented team. Grimes is becoming a star but doesn't hit his jumpers enough (yet). Bondick and Schmerge probably combined for about 3-12 from the field.

I believe the person who gets the least credit that should is sophmore...

6. Luke Maile must see more time!!!!!! He's going to be special.

There I agree 100%.

Also, thought the game was a good old 8th region foulfest. SK's style made an impression quickly on CovCath, as both teams were hacking each other all night.

Loved how SK's fans would stand up and clap whenever anyone got knocked over. Loved it.

Also, thought the game was a good old 8th region foulfest. SK's style made an impression quickly on CovCath, as both teams were hacking each other all night.

Loved how SK's fans would stand up and clap whenever anyone got knocked over. Loved it.

It was the 9th region refs calling the game.

It was the 9th region refs calling the game.

But they weren't calling a Ninth Region style game, or neither team would have had a player on the floor at the end...... :lol:

BTW, Still don't understand the reason for Hurd playing in the game. Even the SK coach said in the paper that he is hurt....and if you know a player is hurt and isn't going to be able to play as much as you would like, then why did the SK coach allow the big kid from the JV team to play so many minutes in the JV game. The poor kid look so tired at the end, that I actually felt sorry for him. Wouldn't it have been better for the SK varsity, if this important sub wasn't so tired when the varsity needed him?

Again good luck SK, looking forward to watching you at Rupp.....

Well, considering Bovard runs the offense, Brandon shuts down anyone (and the so-called "intangibles"), and Todd is the only person who can hit a big shot, I'd say this is a senior-oriented team. Grimes is becoming a star but doesn't hit his jumpers enough (yet). Bondick and Schmerge probably combined for about 3-12 from the field.

I believe the person who gets the least credit that should is sophmore...

There I agree 100%.

After thinking about this over the night, I'm not going take back this statement, but I am going to say Defensively this is true. Offensively its all seniors.