Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Holmes 56 Newport Central Catholic 41

Featured Replies

Anyone have any details on this one? Looks like the Dawgs (with two good wins this week @ Boone Co. & NCC @ home) are on that trek for a big post season roll. As posted before Dawgs play pretty well @ home and barring a District tourney upset to Holy Cross (neutral floor) will play the Regional @ Holmes.

  • Replies 32
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have any details on this one? Looks like the Dawgs (with two good wins this week @ Boone Co. & NCC @ home) are on that trek for a big post season roll. As posted before Dawgs play pretty well @ home and barring a District tourney upset to Holy Cross (neutral floor) will play the Regional @ Holmes.

 

Did Kiernan play in this one?

Holmes wins by 15 over NCC....CovCath beat NCC by 2.

I guess uknowho1 will have a tough time justifying this one.

Guessing this was at Holmes??

Four tough games in a row for the breds. They will bounce back.

Good win for Holmes. Anyone have any stats? It seems like Holmes is actually playing some defense, reminds me of the Tar Heels days.

Holmes wins by 15 over NCC....CovCath beat NCC by 2.

I guess uknowho1 will have a tough time justifying this one.

Can't play that game, CCH smoked Boone a few weeks ago (around 15 or 17) and Holmes squeeked by them the other night.

 

Can't compare scores, just does'nt work, different styles,etc. We'll find out in a few weeks, Holmes is without questioned more talented than anyone in NKY and we'll find out if they have finally got thing back together. Should make for a great district final.

I agree comparing scores is silly.

It was more of a shot at uknowho1, because he had been on some of the Holmes game threads saying things and comparing scores and outputs and so forth.

IMO, CCH is the favorite to win the region.

I agree comparing scores is silly.

It was more of a shot at uknowho1, because he had been on some of the Holmes game threads saying things and comparing scores and outputs and so forth.

IMO, CCH is the favorite to win the region.

 

I dont know what youre talking about. I dont remember ever comparing scores or outputs. I've been on the Holmes' threads stating my opinion that with as much talent as Holmes has I would expect to see them scoring more than 50 something points a game. And what's your beef anyway if you agree that CovCath is the favorite?

Did Kiernan play in this one?

 

Kiernan sat out this one. Maybe they're saving him for tournament time. I got there at 7:35 and it was already half time. Seems the JV game was over by 6:40 so they started the varsity game early. I guess I can understand that, but it kind of bites. The score at the break was 30-20 Bulldogs. Since I got there late and the Bulldogs built on their lead in the 3rd quarter, this loppsided affair was quickly turning into a yawner for me. With under 4:00 left in the game and the Bulldogs up by 20, I was guessing that Henley was going to clear the bench. If he did by the 3 minute mark, I wouldn't know because boredom and impatience overcame me and I was headed back to my warm home. With Kiernan out I don't think that it was a great measuring stick of how the Bulldogs could play against NewCath if they were at full strength. Still, Holmes by far had the better athletes on court. I was hoping to see them tested a little more by a pressure packed game, but it looked more like an open practice session. :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Can't play that game, CCH smoked Boone a few weeks ago (around 15 or 17) and Holmes squeeked by them the other night.

 

Can't compare scores, just does'nt work, different styles,etc. We'll find out in a few weeks, Holmes is without questioned more talented than anyone in NKY and we'll find out if they have finally got thing back together. Should make for a great district final.

 

I understand this is a fan's favorite, but I'm not buying it. Year in and year out CovCath gets more good basketball players than any school in NKY. Holmes is talented this year, but so is CovCath. There's only a handful of school's in the state talented enough to have guys like Schmerge (sp) and Lampl not able to crack the rotation regularly.

 

If Jacobs and Bovard aren't the best, most experienced backcourt in the region, who's better? Bondick is very good as well. Grimes has several double doubles, and Noll is about 6'7 and shoots 60 percent from the field.

 

How does Holmes without question have better talent than this? CovCath has more talent than it knows what to do with. How much talent do they have, they lose two three year varsity starters (Jacobs and Bovard) and they'll be better next year. That's a stable full of talent.

I understand this is a fan's favorite, but I'm not buying it. Year in and year out CovCath gets more good basketball players than any school in NKY. Holmes is talented this year, but so is CovCath. There's only a handful of school's in the state talented enough to have guys like Schmerge (sp) and Lampl not able to crack the rotation regularly.

 

If Jacobs and Bovard aren't the best, most experienced backcourt in the region, who's better? Bondick is very good as well. Grimes has several double doubles, and Noll is about 6'7 and shoots 60 percent from the field.

 

How does Holmes without question have better talent than this? CovCath has more talent than it knows what to do with. How much talent do they have, they lose two three year varsity starters (Jacobs and Bovard) and they'll be better next year. That's a stable full of talent.

 

 

I think you made some good points about the talent that CCH has but at the end of the day none of those guys measure up to the talented players in Holmes' lineup except TJ. I am not saying those CCH kids don't work harder or play better as a team but when it comes to pure talent I don't know who can measure up to DJ, Arrez, Rice or Hill. Their problem is they can never seem to put it together and play as a team. We shall see come tourney time.

I understand this is a fan's favorite, but I'm not buying it. Year in and year out CovCath gets more good basketball players than any school in NKY. Holmes is talented this year, but so is CovCath. There's only a handful of school's in the state talented enough to have guys like Schmerge (sp) and Lampl not able to crack the rotation regularly.

 

If Jacobs and Bovard aren't the best, most experienced backcourt in the region, who's better? Bondick is very good as well. Grimes has several double doubles, and Noll is about 6'7 and shoots 60 percent from the field.

 

How does Holmes without question have better talent than this? CovCath has more talent than it knows what to do with. How much talent do they have, they lose two three year varsity starters (Jacobs and Bovard) and they'll be better next year. That's a stable full of talent.

 

I think you make some very valid points. But when Hill and Jefferson are at 100%, they are better than Jacobs and Bovard. CovCath and Holmes are loaded in talent and they should play for the regional crown this year. CovCath will be no doubt the pre-season #1 team next year.

 

I feel sorry for Holy Cross when they play Holmes in the districts!

I think you made some good points about the talent that CCH has but at the end of the day none of those guys measure up to the talented players in Holmes' lineup except TJ. I am not saying those CCH kids don't work harder or play better as a team but when it comes to pure talent I don't know who can measure up to DJ, Arrez, Rice or Hill. Their problem is they can never seem to put it together and play as a team. We shall see come tourney time.

You answered it for me before I had the chance

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.