Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Holmes 56 Newport Central Catholic 41

Featured Replies

and they'll be better next year. That's a stable full of talent.

 

Not trying to thread jack but that is not even close to being true. You don't replace two 3-year starters, period.

  • Replies 32
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Solid win for the Dawgs. Good to see them take care of business with or without Keirnan being in NCC's lineup.

 

Seems like they're really pulling it all together but we'll have to wait and see.

Once again, Holmes bench keeps producing, including 8th grader Elijah Pittman, which is a really good sign and is going to play a huge part in the Dawgs post season run.

 

Holmes (17-8) - Avery 1 0 2, Jefferson 1 0 2, Arnold 1 0 2, Henderson 4 2 10, Nelson 1 0 2, Hill 6 4 16, Rice 10 0 20, Pittman 0 4 4. Totals: 24 10 58.

 

8 guys in the box score and 3 guys in double figures. If you ask me, it sounds like they're playing more as a team than ever before and not relying on only one person to carry the load like earlier on.

Holmes wins by 15 over NCC....CovCath beat NCC by 2.

I guess uknowho1 will have a tough time justifying this one.

That is true but when CCH played NCC they had Kiernan in the starting lineup. He is without a doubt their best player and hard to defend in the post. But, I still think Holmes would have beat them if Kiernan was in the starting lineup but it would be a much closer game.

Not trying to thread jack but that is not even close to being true. You don't replace two 3-year starters, period.

 

It's absolutely true, and that's not at all a knock on Jacobs or Bovard. I posted in this thread they were the best, most experienced guard tandem in the region.

 

Most schools don't replace two three-year starters. With CovCath's talent, they do it and will be better next year.

I think you made some good points about the talent that CCH has but at the end of the day none of those guys measure up to the talented players in Holmes' lineup except TJ. I am not saying those CCH kids don't work harder or play better as a team but when it comes to pure talent I don't know who can measure up to DJ, Arrez, Rice or Hill. Their problem is they can never seem to put it together and play as a team. We shall see come tourney time.

 

Like I said, I understand it's a fan's favorite, because it always comes back to something like "pure talent."

 

What if these teams had to play a game of horse, who do you think would win? No dunks, no banks, no trick shots, just who has the most kids that can make shots, who wins? Shooting is a "talent."

 

This isn't a knock toward the Holmes kids at all. But, for any supporter of CovCath to ever think another team in NKY has "unquestioned the most talent" just doesn't fly.

It's absolutely true, and that's not at all a knock on Jacobs or Bovard. I posted in this thread they were the best, most experienced guard tandem in the region.

 

Most schools don't replace two three-year starters. With CovCath's talent, they do it and will be better next year.

 

SM, I agree with your points. 1 through 10, CCH has more talent than Holmes. Holmes starting 5, when healthy, are very strong and explosive.

 

As for next year, I think CCH is the obvious early favorite.

Why is CCH being brought up in a Holmes/NCC thread?? Let's stay on topic guys because until they meet this year, both at full strength, we won't know which team has the more talent or work ethic.

Why is CCH being brought up in a Holmes/NCC thread?? Let's stay on topic guys because until they meet this year, both at full strength, we won't know which team has the more talent or work ethic.

 

There would be 2 posts if you exclude CCH conversation. Secondly, it relates to Holmes, right?

There would be 2 posts if you exclude CCH conversation. Secondly, it relates to Holmes, right?

 

Yea it relates to Holmes but if we're going to talk about who has more talent, Holmes or CCH, that should be a different thread.

SM, I agree with your points. 1 through 10, CCH has more talent than Holmes. Holmes starting 5, when healthy, are very strong and explosive.

 

As for next year, I think CCH is the obvious early favorite.

 

But, I couldn't quite get you to say CCH will be better next year.:D

 

Holmes and CCH will be fun in what, two weeks? Glad we hit some common ground on this one.

How can you say CCH 1-10 has more talent than Holmes, when Holmes subs took CCH to the wire on their home floor?

But, I couldn't quite get you to say CCH will be better next year.:D

 

.

 

Better is relative, correct? Better than next year's 9th region competition? Yes. Better overall than this year's team? Probably not but close.

Better is relative, correct? Better than next year's 9th region competition? Yes. Better overall than this year's team? Probably not but close.

:thumb:

 

To keep this thread with some focus on Holmes, they could be a sleeper next year even though they graduate an incredible class. Arrez is a good player to build around due to his versatility.

:thumb:

 

To keep this thread with some focus on Holmes, they could be a sleeper next year even though they graduate an incredible class. Arrez is a good player to build around due to his versatility.

 

They'll be OK. Not great. As far as Arrez' versatility, I'd like to see more of it outside of his ability to be a high flyer. He's 6'0 tall. He had better develop a jump shot or suddenly become a PG if he plans on playing after 12th grade.

They'll be OK. Not great. As far as Arrez' versatility, I'd like to see more of it outside of his ability to be a high flyer. He's 6'0 tall. He had better develop a jump shot or suddenly become a PG if he plans on playing after 12th grade.

 

I agree, I think Arrez might have taken a step back this year. I havent really seen that much improvment from last year.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.