Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Holmes 56 Newport Central Catholic 41

Featured Replies

I agree, I think Arrez might have taken a step back this year. I havent really seen that much improvment from last year.

 

 

Right now I'd rate Arrez a "great" athlete but an "average" basketball player!!

  • Replies 32
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, I think Arrez might have taken a step back this year. I havent really seen that much improvment from last year.

 

I've had a chance to see him play about 5 times this year and I'd have to say that I've seen pretty much improvement in him from last year. Of course, in transition he's dynamite and plays well above the rim near the basket, but I've also seen him step outside and knock down a few nice 3 balls with fairly decent form. He's not afraid to explore different aspects of his game and he's very aggressive in a nicely controlled fasion. All in all, by my observation, I think he's taken nice leaps in his all around game this year. He's certainly one of the top 5 more interesting players to watch this year.

Like I said, I understand it's a fan's favorite, because it always comes back to something like "pure talent."

 

What if these teams had to play a game of horse, who do you think would win? No dunks, no banks, no trick shots, just who has the most kids that can make shots, who wins? Shooting is a "talent."

 

This isn't a knock toward the Holmes kids at all. But, for any supporter of CovCath to ever think another team in NKY has "unquestioned the most talent" just doesn't fly.

 

I disagree that CovCath next year, as a team, will be better than they are this year. They might have a better record, but I think that this year's team would be next year's team by 10+. Unfortunately, you could never truly find out. Jacobs and Bovard are too hard to replace, IMO.

 

You can't compare basketball to a game of horse. And CovCath may have better shooters, but that's not the only talent you need in basketball. You can't just exclude Holmes' athletic ability. Athletic ability, in basketball, can be seen as a talent, because of how it pertains to the game, and how it helps to improve upon talent, IMO. I think Holmes talent is much better than anybody else in NKY because of this reason.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.