Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

fbfan

Paid Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by fbfan

  1. Wow, I guess only district champions are allowed to post on here. I hope this does turn out to be a good football game. Based on recent history it won't. What is Frankfort's all time record vs. Beechwood?
  2. BigCountryBoy was correct. That group of incoming freshmen is the first class to go thru the youth league from 1st grade on up. The numbers at the middle school level have been up the past two years, and it will start to show at the high school level in the coming years. Depth has been a problem in the past, but that should start to change soon.
  3. When I said at this level I was referring to it being the regional semi finals. It sounds like they weren't prepared for the game. That falls on the coach. I agree that Coach Simpson did a good job of adjusting and getting his players' attention. However, it was obvious that Coach Jones had his team better prepared. You can talk about them overlooking them all you want, but GC came out playing with fire and purpose. SO did not. Yeah, you gave GC some credit, but my question is, What did South expect Gallatin to do? Come out and lay down for them. Anyone who has watched Coach Jones' team over the years will tell you that's not going to happen, Dude.
  4. SO didn't overlook anyone. GC just outplayed them early. Let's give some credit to GC's coaches for getting them prepared to play. No one overlooks their opponent at this level. If they do they won't be around very long.
  5. In a close game you can go back and talk about all the "ifs" and "buts" that would have changed the outcome. The fact of the matter is that the game was decided on a bad call. No one should have their season/career ended by a whistle. Congratulations to GC on a great season. I can't think of a more exciting team to watch. They played their hearts out, and they deserved better.
  6. No, he was the tailback and strong safety (#10).
  7. I don't understand why people keep saying that Bellevue "looked past" Gallatin last season. They played in week 9 last year and that game was close also (Bellevue won by 6). If you "look past" someone in the playoffs then you probably shouldn't be in the playoffs. It's a brand new season. Gallatin had a solid team last year, and this team is good enough to win this year. It should be a good game.
  8. Congratulations to the players and coaches from Gallatin. I was very impressed with Alyson Davis stepping up and hitting those two FT's under so much pressure. Good luck in Richmond!
  9. Crucial FT's missed late by Gallatin. Coach Roberts has been criticized on here more than once, but I thought it was a well coached game by her. Her kids got open looks, and were able to get to the FT line. They just weren't able to knock those down last night. There effort was great though. If their shooting improves they can be dangerous in the All A and the post season.
  10. If Gallatin can overcome the W'town band in their ear all night they'll get the win.
  11. This one could be a preview of the All "A" regional finals.
  12. If ifs and buts were candy and nuts it would be Christmas all year. Calm down, I'm just trying to make the point that just because a team is from NKY they're not automatically better. It should be a good game, but I think Eminence will win.
  13. I agree with you about comparing scores, but the fact is that Ludlow struggled to beat a Brossart team that was winless. My point is that a good team would take care of business against inferior opponents. I just don't see them going to Eminence and winning.
  14. If I'm not mistaken Ludlow had trouble with Brossart, right?
  15. No, I'm not upset, but it sounds like somebody else may be. If the Warriors are healthy the mighty Panthers may be in trouble. Ludlow hasn't seen the kind of speed that Eminence will bring. Berry is one of the best players in the state. If I'm not mistaken Ludlow had trouble with Brossart, right?
  16. Of course they haven't, but who has. NKY is so much better than everyone else. The KHSAA should consider having a NKY championship and a separate one for the rest of the state. Hopefully Eminence can keep this one close. Ludlow 87 Eminence 6
  17. This should be a good game. The question is, "Can the Wildcats stop the powerful Walton offense?" The weather may play a role in this one.
  18. This one could get ugly.
  19. GC looked like a different team than the one Carroll beat. They're still having too many mental mistakes like fumbles and penalties, though. They can't have those if they expect to stay in the game against Frankfort. I look for Frankfort to win easily this week. Their speed will be too much for Gallatin.
  20. The Wildcats have something to prove this week. GC 27 - OC 7.
  21. The Gallatin kids have nothing to hang their heads about. They left everything on the field. Turnovers and penalties killed them. I believe they will learn from this and improve next week at Owen. Congrats to Carroll. They were the better team tonight. As for the sign on the field, that may have been a motivational tool from their own coaches. I've heard of coaches doing things like that to get their team fired up to play.
  22. I agree, this should be an exciting game. The Wildcats have won the last two by a combined total of 2 points. Carroll will be eager to get their first win against GCHS. Any word on injuries from either team?
  23. Who did the Black Bears play in their first scrimmage? How did they look?
  24. I don't understand it either. I guess it's still a basketball school. They have around 35 out, but only 15 will actually see the field. If they stay healthy they'll be fine. A key injury or two will kill them.
  25. The site of the tournament will have a lot to do with who wins it. Who's hosting it this year?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.