Everything posted by Automatic
-
Mason Co. 8 Bracken Co. 3
Who pitched for both teams?
-
Basketball in KY needs to be classified...
100% :thumb: but IMO (which isn't always right, look at my brackets) this is a totally different situation. People are saying that there should be more state championships, but there is no way to possibly say that they wouldn't be watered down. All that happens when you let another team win is pose more controversy. Ex. this small school wins, but they recruited or they are private etc. I have posted a few months ago how a season can be considered a success without a state championship. We are talking about a state championship, let little Johnny experience the fact that chances are he isn't going to win one, but at the same time his team has 5 players on the court vs. 5 players on the other team. Instead of screaming hipocrisy, shouldn't Kentucky be commended for crowning the one team most worthy as the state's best instead of a few teams who ended their seasons with a win, but still don't know how they stack up?
-
Basketball in KY needs to be classified...
Hey I'm from a small school in NKY and feel the same way you do. Don't label us all the same, as I feel he is in the minority. :fight:
-
Basketball in KY needs to be classified...
I've met zero... all from small schools.:thumb: It seems to me that the bigger schools are crying for "separate but equal" more than the smaller schools.
-
Basketball in KY needs to be classified...
I have never once met a high school athlete who wants a class system for basketball. IMO it boils down to people trying to make things better for the kids when it isn't what the kids even want.
-
Mason County '03 & '04; Pendleton County '05 and '06
Tell me you didn't take that as a serious comment.
-
Best talent for PC next year?
Does everyone from PC have a nickname?
-
McDonald's Games Comes To Louisville in 2007
That was a big "sales pitch," however, Houston was the front-runner by far for the 2007 game. The biggest reason Louisville got the game, is because of a local advertising firm having a main stake in regional McDonalds as well as Indianapolis. Louisville got the nod because of the basketball tradition in the state, and U of L, UK, and IU all being traditional basketball schools in a close proximity.
-
Dynasty for FREE
I have been in a game where a teammate shattered a Gen 1 X, and have also heard from talk of the same event in summer and college ball.
-
Brossart 55 Montgomery County 37
Kyle Lubbers is really doing great lately!!
-
Future sites for the 10th region Tournament
I'm anxious to here from some of Scott's faithful, of their reaction to their first trip to the Fieldhouse for the regional tourney.
-
Scott 67 Campbell Co. 65 (OT)
I was hoping for the Camels to win, but congrats to Scott. Just like my school (Brossart) the pas two seasons, this isn't the way that the Seniors wanted to go out for the Camels. Hopefully this serves as a foundation for the underclassmen. I'm not certain on who all graduated, but with knowing Brett and Marcus, I wish them the best of luck in whatever they choose to do after high school.
-
Ryle--had 30 pitchers tryout?? Need CLASSES!!!
I'm sorry, you are the one who is continually harping on the game. I'm sorry if this is a website dedicated to high school sports, and it seems awfully contradictory to me that one would criticize about "glory days" when he constantly posts about Ryle High School baseball. It might help to grow a little thicker skin. I don't want to see this thread closed, so if you would like to continue, you are more than welcome to send me a PM. Also, please refrain from ALL CAPS!!! (and it's advice not advise)
-
Ryle--had 30 pitchers tryout?? Need CLASSES!!!
TAKE OFF THE CAPS LOCK!!! btw... I believe that was striker's first response about the game, so maybe you need to give it a break. You're probably going to get this thread closed, because you can't let go of a "practice game," and thats a shame. If Ryle was so spectacular, what happened the year before when the game last 5 innings?
-
CovCath vs. Bishop Bossart
32-21 CovCath at half.
-
10th Region All-Region Team
Once again, they have earned the title of best team, but all 5 starters?
-
10th Region All-Region Team
I know they are definately the best team, but should they seriously get 45 starters when the fifth is injured?
-
Fantasy Baseball
I'm sure UKMustangFan would also get in it. Although being in this thread would attract more of the "die-hards," I'm sure this would garner more interest in the GD forum.
-
Ryle--had 30 pitchers tryout?? Need CLASSES!!!
Walton has had a great team the past few years.
-
Ryle--had 30 pitchers tryout?? Need CLASSES!!!
Ryle plays Brossart too which have beat them the past two years including a 10 run rule two seasons ago. Every team plays a few cupcakes, and regardless if a team is great or not, a smart coach will rest players periodically through the year. Also what does padding stats have to do at all about winning a state championship?
-
Who all knows Benny Clary of Ludlow
I'm young,and not from Ludlow, so I do not know and have never heard of Mr. Clary, With that being said, I feel like I am missing out by not meeting this man. From what everyone is saying, there should be more people like him in this world.
-
Ryle--had 30 pitchers tryout?? Need CLASSES!!!
Would you want to share a district, regional, or state championship? When Ryle starts winning state year after year, or heck, even the 9th region, then you may have an argument. In my four years of playing baseball, whether it was freshman, jv, or varsity, the team I was on beat Ryle every year. This is from a Class A school that had sub-.500 records for my first two years. I don't care if 100 pitchers and 100 catchers come out every year. It comes down to the quality of player, and makes it that much sweeter when you beat a bigger school.
-
Fantasy Baseball
I'm up for it.
-
Brett White scores 1000th point.
Congrats to Brett. He's a great player, and a great guy too.
-
Best Coaches in the State
When I was in high school, besides playing against teams with players I personally knew, I always wanted to beat the teams with the "superstar" players, or the teams at the top of the rankings more than anything. Although they were always a perenial regional championship team, I always wanted to beat Harrison County more than any other team, because of their coach. I didn't know Mr. Whitaker personally, but frankly I didn't like the man because of what he showed on the field every time I saw or played against Harrison County. With that being said, you can't argue against what the man has accomplished, and I can't help but respect the records Whitaker has set. Although he has been mentioned earlier, IMO he has to be at least top 3 in the state, if not number one.