Who all knows Benny Clary of Ludlow

BIGZIG

I was just wondering to myself how many people know and have come into contact with my friend Benny Clary. He is a Ludlow icon who has kept the scorebook and clock at Ludlow for over 40 years. He also as worked for the Reds as a ticket-taker and now as the boss for well over 30 years. He has also worked at various other venues over the past 40 years or so such as Bengals games, U.S Bank Arena, Cinti Gardens, Cintas Center, Convention Ctr, Music Hall, Taft Audit. and many other events around the Greater Cinti. Area. He also kept the clock at NKU for over 30 years. He is so good at keeping the clock that almost every year he is asked to keep the clock for the district and regional tournaments. He does such an exceptional job on the clock that the 35th district of which Ludlow is no longer a part of still wants him to keep the clock for them. He has also been a school board member and a council member in Ludlow and for many years was a youth coach in football, baseball and basketball.

I have had the pleasure of knowing Benny pretty much my entire life as a coach and a friend and he happens to be one of the kindess most decent men I have known in my lifetime. I doubt you will ever hear anyone have an unkind word about Benny. I'm always truely amazed that wherever I go with him their is always a number of people that recognize him and come up to him to say hello.

Just thought it would be nice to see just how many on BGP's know Benny. Yesterday I attended the NKY Hall of Fame Ceremony and Kenny Shields had a "Benny Story" that was amusing. So if you have story of your own feel free to share or just say hello to someone who has meant so much and affected so many in such a positive way..

I have known Benny for about 12 years now. After Joe Beard left Gallatin County to go to Ludlow, I attended a few Panther games over the years. I think the first person he introduced me to was Benny.

Whenever I see him at a sporting event (Reds game, Sweet 16, etc.) Benny treats me like we have been lifelong friends. I was so glad he came to Warsaw over the Christmas holidays to watch the Lady Panthers.

I am sure our paths will cross again in March.

Well I know Mr. Benny Clary because he is one of my good friends grandpa, and he is one of the best and nicest men I have ever met. My friend tells me all the time how whenever he goes out with his grandpa that it seems like that everyone they run into it seems like Mr. Benny Clary is already friends with or knows them already somehow. I know he is very big and well known in the community in Ludlow and just everywhere for that matter. In fact my senior year my class decided it would be an honor for us to have him as our grand marshal for are homecoming parade, so we elected him for it to show how much we recognize everything he does for us and the community.

Well I know Mr. Benny Clary because he is one of my good friends grandpa, and he is one of the best and nicest men I have ever met. My friend tells me all the time how whenever he goes out with his grandpa that it seems like that everyone they run into it seems like Mr. Benny Clary is already friends with or knows them already somehow. I know he is very big and well known in the community in Ludlow and just everywhere for that matter. In fact my senior year my class decided it would be an honor for us to have him as our grand marshal for are homecoming parade, so we elected him for it to show how much we recognize everything he does for us and the community.

I actually have known Benny, or "Pawpaw" as I like to call him, for all of my life because he is my grandpa. I am always amazed at the stories that everyone has to tell me about my grandpa. I am truly blessed to have him in my life and I wouldn't want anybody else to be my grandpa. Thanks BigZig for creating this thread, I know that my grandpa will really enjoy it. :thumb:

I have know Mr. Clary almost all my life, playing against him and his Ludlow Knothole baseball teams as a kid. Mr. Clary always reminded me of the guy in the Movie "It's a wonderful Life" as he has done so much for so many, without looking for anything in return. To this day if I see Mr. Clary he always says Hi, and kids me about playing for a non Ludlow team. He is one of the good guys who I and many my age where lucky enough to play for and against and it is a shame more adults aren't like Mr. Clary. He coached kids and worked for kids for no reason than the love for the Kids....

BIGZIG thanks for thinking of him...... :ylsuper:

I'm young,and not from Ludlow, so I do not know and have never heard of Mr. Clary, With that being said, I feel like I am missing out by not meeting this man. From what everyone is saying, there should be more people like him in this world.

Go to an NKU game..not sure if he still does those. Or go to the REgional tournament and look at the scorers table.. you will see him. This guy has been donating his time for many many years.... I remember him as a player and that was over 18yrs ago...

I've known Bennie for all of my 35-40 years in the coaching business.

He always has that "Bennie Grin" and is genuinely happy to see you and hear about your team.

It's amazing how many places he shows up at - most recently the Cincinnati Boat and Travel Show at the Convention Center.

I've never known him to be un-happy, sad or angry.

I'm proud to be a friend and associate of Bennie Clary. :thumb: