Everything posted by Can'tcoach
-
10th Region Cats Pause Player Rankings
Sorry, that chart was in better form when I hit "enter".
-
10th Region Cats Pause Player Rankings
2015-16 stats PPG FG% 3FG% FT% RPG Crawford 26.6 50 28.6 68 10.4 Ohmer 26.3 43.2 34.1 84.8 5.0 Allen 22.1 48.7 41.2 69.2 9.2 Based on last year's offensive stats it's pretty hard to separate them. Which is the best defensive player?
-
Your school's Mount Rushmore
I was thinking basketball only but if all sports, then Nate would have to be at the top of the list.
-
Your school's Mount Rushmore
Louisiana Tech
-
Your school's Mount Rushmore
How about Joey Verax or Bobby Wyatt? Actually I might have to choose Dick King.
-
Way, way, way too early 2016-17 10th Region Rankings
Allen took 476 shots and hit 48.7%. Compare to the following: Crawford of Bracken-478 and50% Ohmer of Scott-544 and 43.2%. Pig Williams of Mason-495 and42.2%. Vonhandorf of CovCath-465 and45.6%. Weyer of NCC-469 and 51.4%. The better players take more shots.
-
Montgomery County/Pendleton County predictions (10th Region Quarterfinals)
We leave the lights on so people will think we are home!
-
Welcome to the Montgomery County Arena, 10th Region Tourney
True!
-
Welcome to the Montgomery County Arena, 10th Region Tourney
Will be there tonight and tomorrow night. It's going to be tough to make it next week from Fort Myers.:lol2:
-
10th Region Bracket
Whose decision was it for the 6:00 starting time?
-
Pendleton County 52 Harrison County 46 (38th District Championship)
PC led by 6 at the half. They stretched the lead to 9 and made 2 straight turnovers late that Harrison converted into points to make it really interesting. PC had a 2 point lead , forced HC to come out of their zone defense, Wood hit 4 crucial free throws when Pc finally got into the bonus situation. Wood also got a loose ball to ice the win. HC had two late turnovers to help the cause for PC. Allen with 20 and Dennie with 14 led PC's scoring. Allen was tourney MVP with Wood and Dennie making all tournament. Congrats to Hc on a hard fought game.
-
39th District Hosting
I believe Randy Parker introduced us at the Murph Classic. Or maybe that was a polar bear of another variety.:idunno: Told you I was old!
-
39th District Hosting
You may be right but we are a couple of old guys. Add25-30 years to your age and see how you view the situation. By the way, if my Wildcats had been playing in that scenario, I would have been there. Bc has a nice facility and I did not intend to imply otherwise. Hope to have many more seasons to enjoy basketball there!
-
39th District Hosting
Can only tell you that I would have loved to have seen that game last night but did not go because I anticipated what has been described. I instead enjoyed Danny Weddle's call of the game. Would I have driven another 20-25 minutes to Maysville? Absolutely!
-
Paris/Moco 40th District Championship Prediction
KOD That does it. Paris in a squeaker.
-
10th Region Hall of Fame Class of 2016 Announced
Loved when their band played. Sounded just like an engineer's train whistle!
-
10th Region Hall of Fame Class of 2016 Announced
Actually 1970 was the year I had in mind when they beat a very good Pendleton team in the regional.
-
10th Region Hall of Fame Class of 2016 Announced
I meant that they were in the 10th as far back as the late 60's.
-
Next District Realignment?
They were in the 10th in the early 1960's.
-
10th Region Hall of Fame Class of 2016 Announced
Late 1960's.
-
Augusta 63 Mason County 61 (39th District Championship)
Which two are you not including?
-
Meaningless 10th Region Facts
I got curious how the field fared against each other this season. I found it interesting. Campbell County 7-1 Pendleton County 5-2 Mason County 5-3 Paris 4-2 Scott 3-3 Montgomery County 3-5 Augusta 1-5 Harrison County 0-7 This means little to nothing come regional tourney time, but it does make me more confident in my pick for the Sweet 16.:no:
-
Pendleton County 73 Nicholas County 56 (38th District Semifinals)
Highlight of the game was buzzer beater at the half by a young man from Nicholas County from well behind the arc, actually well behind the midcourt line, in reality below the free throw line extended. Swish! NC's triangle and two worked for a time until PC hit some threes. Allen led a team effort with 20 points.
-
Pendleton County 77 Mason County 60
You are probably correct.
-
Pendleton County 77 Mason County 60
Great win for the Wildcats! Allen was Allen. Wood was Wood. Grant Walsh was huge on both ends of the floor. Four players scored in double figures. Mason Dennie continued his steady play. Browning hit the boards harder than I have ever seen him. Daugherty hit some big shots like he often does. It was truly a team effort. Good luck to the Royals and Coach Biggs next week! I hate to see either Bracken or Mason eliminated from regional play.