Everything posted by CardinalsFan
-
Trinity hiding from John Curtis Christian?
2-0 -CardinalsFan
-
Trinity hiding from John Curtis Christian?
Who cares? The opportunity is here now. Maybe it wasn't present a year or 6 months ago when schedules were made. It's here now and the chance to play one of the top 5 teams in the country will bring Trinity to an even higher level nationally. Plus, if it's really about the kids, don't you think Trinity's administration should do whatever it takes to make this experience possible, within reason? Yes, because the class of 2013 has never experienced the exuberance and overwhelming joy of winning a 6A State Title in KY. Way to reach higher! :thumb: -CardinalsFan
-
Trinity hiding from John Curtis Christian?
Why does it take more than two weeks. JCC is willing to travel to Louisville to play the game. The gate would be real good and as long as JCC's costs are covered, what's the big deal? I understand it's a lot to do in a short period of time but if Trinity wants to really cash in on this very special Class of 2013, I can't think of a better way to do it. I know that when Colerain was the best team in the country in 2004, they would have jumped at the chance to play a national OOS power. I would have thought Trinity would do the same. -CardinalsFan
-
Trinity hiding from John Curtis Christian?
That's a start. Why not? Every rule has exceptions. -CF
-
Trinity hiding from John Curtis Christian?
Rivals High - Message Boards I am sure Trinity is not scared to play anyone...so then what gives I wonder? -CardinalsFan
-
Trinity hiding from John Curtis Christian?
What is this I hear about Big, Bad Trinity running scared from JCC for a potential match-up on the weekend of 10/18-10/20? Trinity faithful, say it ain't so!! :scared: -CardinalsFan
-
Elder (OH) 17 Moeller (OH) 13
Another collapse for Moeller? Shocking. No one does less with more talent than JR. The Elder Highlands game will be a good one. The Moeller/Trinity game...not so much. -CardinalsFan
-
Highlands schedule in 2013
Colerain has a couple of weeks open. :sssh::popcorn: :deadhorse: -CardinalsFan
-
Cooper / Conner predictions
This game seems like it is a contest between two fairly evenly matched teams. Yet, there has been no discussion at all in regards to special teams. On the North side of the river, at least, field position plays a huge factor when two evenly matched teams face off. What do the special teams look like for each squad? How are the place kickers and punters? Return teams? Any insight to "third leg" of a successful game plan? -CardinalsFan
-
Trinity 14 St. Xavier (OH) 13
Really? It doesn't? I thought for sure they would save time and just do that. :ohbrother: I realize that, of course, 6A is not pre-determined. But how am I supposed to have my opinion changed by someone who sums up the counter-argument with, "Once again no it doesnt"? -CardinalsFan
-
Simon Kenton/Ryle Predictions
Good luck to the Ryle Raiders. This Colerain fan is hoping for a big district win on Friday! -CardinalsFan
-
Trinity 14 St. Xavier (OH) 13
Certainly a disappointing loss for X as they seemed to have outplayed Trinity. That's two weeks in a row of questionable play calling by St. Xavier's HC, St. Steve Specht. Their reward after losses to Colerain and Trinity...Moeller. If St. Xavier loses much more, they won't qualify for the playoffs here in Cincy. Good luck to T the rest of the year. I do believe that 6A title has Trinity engraved on it as well. -CardinalsFan
-
Ryle 21 St. Francis DeSales (OH) 10
Congrats on the win Ryle! Good luck next week against Simon Kenton. Should be a great one! -CardinalsFan
-
6A #1 Trinity / Cincinnati St Xavier OH predictions
Wow...no talk on this game at all. St. Xavier was Trinity's toughest game last year and it's being completely ignored this year? Huh...interesting. -CardinalsFan
-
6A #1 Trinity / Cincinnati St Xavier OH predictions
Trinity should win this game going away. I expect it could be close at halftime but could get ugly come second half. X'S offense is dink and dunk. The QB is mobile and at 6'4", he has long strides and moves well for a big guy. They can score a lot and their RB CJ Hilliard is a hard runner. Their defense is NOTHING like what it has been in the past. I expect Trinity to score in the low to mid-30's and X to be in the 20's. Will be pulling for the Bombers as we need those Harbin points but I am not optimistic. -CardinalsFan
-
Colerain (OH) 35 Ryle 0
...this guy, too much! :laugh: "...elite teams from KY." = Oxymoron As quicksilver has pointed out, you are wrong on your facts. It is Highlands who wants no part of Colerain, period. Trinity and St. Xavier won't play us because we are a public school, my guess only. Who does that leave? Scott County? PRP? CovCath? Come on... -CardinalsFan
-
Colerain (OH) 35 Ryle 0
Hugged plenty, thanks for your concern. No problem. Just sick of hearing from all the Ryle fans why they shouldn't play Colerain because they were afraid of injury. It's ridiculous. I apologize if I took your honest question out of context. I just snapped when I saw another "injury" related question. -CardinalsFan
-
Colerain (OH) 35 Ryle 0
Nobody was carried out on a stretcher if that's what you are asking. No, the big bad meanies from Ohio didn't decapitate any of the precious Raiders this year so all of the concerned Moms can rest at ease. :ohbrother: -CardinalsFan
-
Trinity/Elder (OH) (Predictions)
Elder is improved this year, no question. But not THAT much... Trinity - 42 Elder - 21 -CardinalsFan
-
Colerain (OH) 35 Ryle 0
My takeaways from Colerain's 35-0 victory over Ryle. On the stadium/atmosphere... Ryle is a great place to watch a game. The field is great, the stands are awesome and the cheeseburgers are fantastic! The crowd came out in full force and tried to get fired up whenever the Raiders had some momentum. Unfortunately for them, that was not very often. The people are kind and accomodating and the kids are generally very well behaved. The Ryle community has a good thing going with this program....I hope someday they are willing to do what is necessary to make it great. On the game... Ryle's best defense was Colerain errors. A total of 3 TD's were called back (1 punt return, 1 60 yard pass, 1 interception return) because of penalties. That is unacceptable. This game could have been an absolute blowout if those had stood. Now, I don't know about homer refs, but I do know that the penalty negating the 60 yard TD pass to Chris Davis was absolute garbage. I have never seen anything like that in my 15 years of watching high school football. The other two, completely legit. No Colerain fan should complain. Ryle is NOT a bad football team. They are going to win some games this year. Davis is a very good runner and finds space to create movement. Pulice is a good TB as well. The inability to pass will hurt when they can't run the ball, but I have to believe in most games Ryle plays, they will be able to run the ball on almost anyone. There was a holding call on Colerain OL Dylan Wiseman (UC recruit) that wasn't holding....he just literally destroyed the Ryle DL and pancaked him into the ground. Sometimes a ref thinks there is no way one kid could do that to another without there being a hold so they throw the flag. Oh well. :irked: Defensively, they are small and slow...not a good combination. I thought I saw that the two defensive tackles are under 200 lbs...not good. They did appear to be sound tacklers in the secondary. Austin Trego (#5, I think?) was tasked with tackling our JR WR Tre Hudson who is 6'3" and weighs just under 200lbs...not an easy assignment as he got trucked on one play by Tre and managed to still make the shoe-string tackle. Good for him. :thumb: On the future of the game.... Have no fear Ryle fans, there is no contract in place for this series to continue next year and I don't think it will. My sources tell me that the Ryle AD did not want to sign to play in 2013 and 2014, but did want to renew in 2015. Something about strong Freshman and Sophomore classes....whatever. Not sure where it will go from here, but my gut tells me this series could be done for at least a couple of years. Back to beating up on 2A size schools I guess. :idunno: Overall, I enjoyed the experience and am glad we made the trip. I wish it could continue but I understand why Ryle doesn't want it to at this time. Can't hold that against them. I will be rooting for them the rest of this season and every season going forward. Just my $0.02 -CardinalsFan
-
Colerain (OH)/Ryle Updates
Colerain QB with 168 yards passing 83 yards rushing for entire cardinal team Ryle with 86 total yards Colerain has had four possessions...three Td's -CardinalsFan
-
Will Ryle score on Colerain?
Based on the most recent information I have, Ryle is at 1,635 (KHSAA website) and extrapolating Colerain's data (OHSAA website) from October 2010 would put them at ~2,150. I don't know that qualifies as "well into the 2000's" but it is more than Ryle. As I said, I would expect Colerain's numbers to drop when figures are released this year but not enough to match Ryle. It is nice to be able to build a new High School whenever the population calls for it. Not the case in OH. OH is broken in that regard. But I digress... -CardinalsFan PS: What was this thread about again??
-
Covington Catholic/LaSalle (OH) Predictions
Good luck to CovCath. We don't want LaSalle stealing a spot come playoff time from a more worthy Division 1 team in Cincinnati. I'll be pulling for the Colonels. -CardinalsFan
-
Will Ryle score on Colerain?
To answer your question, no. This is not the year. Not out of the realm of possibility but not feeling overly confident with this group. If we could find a way out of Cincinnati, I think their chances increase 5 fold. -CardinalsFan
-
Will Ryle score on Colerain?
I stand corrected. I researched and found the following: Colerain Male enrollment (09-10 school year) grades 9-11 = 846 boys Ryle Male enrollment (11-12 school year) grades 9-11 = 691 boys That is a 22% difference which I would classify as significant. I was suprised to see this result. I honestly thought that Ryle was bigger than that. I am curious to see what Colerain's new numbers are this year. I imagine they will drop below 800 boys, grades 9-11. The other factor I didn't take into account is that for sports in KY, I believe TOTAL enrollment is used to classify the sports programs, regardless of split between male/female. Thanks for the challenge. -CardinalsFan