Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

the mathemagician

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by the mathemagician

  1. This has the potential to be a good ole good one. The Cats will have had a nine day layoff since beating Lynn Camp 69-49. The Hounds are coming off a 92-38 pasting of Whitley Co. and will play Cawood two days before the Bell game. I'll say the young Hounds will get their first loss to the Bell Boys on Log Mountain. I'm hoping for a rematch in the CFIT.
  2. From what I understand , these two teams open up against one another next season. I was just curious as which team, Corbin or Belfry, Russell fans feel was the better team and tougher opponent this year. Corbin played Russell close in the region final at Russell(31-23) and, quite frankly, with a little more success in the red zone, could have won the game. The Red Devils seem to have physically ovwerpowered the Pirates in the state semi(19-0) at Belfry. For those who saw both of these games, who was stronger at season's end, Corbin or Belfry?
  3. I agree. Mike Deaton is just an outstanding coach. Whitley will make some noise in a year or two.
  4. Last four games were against: Wayne, Casey, Garrard, and Garrard. DUH !Not a very good yardstick, IMO. Remember the last decent team the Hounds played. They gave up 62 and tackled worse than cheerleaders. Me, Watusi, and Oldbird(and we are a combined 150+ years) could hold Garrard to six points.
  5. Like LBBC said, I have never had to go into obscenity-laced tirades to motivate young people, either in the classroom or on the playing field. I have the vocabulary necessary to get the job done without sentence after sentence of four-letter words.
  6. very good post. If I had a son or daughter who played, why would I want them berated with cuss words? Why act like Bobby Knight when you can successfully motivate young people the way John Wooden did?
  7. Excellent insight and good post. And, it's definately not the blind scenario.
  8. Yes, I heard that as well. Either way, it's a "L" of a mess for the Hounds.
  9. I heard that the Hounds would likely play Western in Round 3, but I don't know if that is true or not.
  10. Hibernation begins after a couple of playoff wins against bad teams and a loss to a respectable team. 7W - 6L ... Par for the course for Corbin nowadays.
  11. Hounds looked listless against both Wayne and Casey. Garrard is probably the worst of the three, so the Hounds should sleepwalk their way to a win in this one as well.
  12. I agree with your post exactly. Unlike some people and coach wannabes, you know football. Keep up the good posts!
  13. Cheerleaders could have tackled better. Maybe the Hounds would have tackled better if they had been tackling cheerleaders. I agree with you. Corbin has been pretty fundamentally UNsound for quite awhile. And this DOES fall back on the coaches! Is there poor communication between coaches and players? Attitudes must change for both players and coaches.
  14. I'm sure glad Corbin had all their ducks in line.:sssh: Sounds like some "meatheads" don't know too awful much about football. I know more than one might think. One thing is for certain. The tackling, or lack thereof, by Corbin was the worst ever witnessed by many Corbin fans. Plus, the kids simply quit when they got down late. Also, the laughing and cutting up by some Corbin coaches when Corbin was down late in the game is unforgiveable and disgusting. Archie Powers would have not tolerated such behavior. Corbin has some good young talent but the attitudes of both players and coaches are gonna have to change before this thing gets turned around anytime soon. Corbin will again probably win out again the weak competition that remains and maybe win a playoff game or two. About .500 is all we can expect nowadays at Corbin.
  15. Indeed, a very wise statement by Oldbird.
  16. I've had Bush in the Devil's camp long before Chavez mentioned it. I'll be glad when we can cast out that Devil!
  17. Simple. We were talking Clinton and Bush and I simply said Clinton beats Bush in any decade.
  18. My point is that I don't think any of us know these men well enough to say that Bush is more moral than Clinton. I think both of them have shown us that they are capable of unethical conduct. Is Bush more moral? I don't see it and it can't be proven.
  19. If another 6-6 is all you expect, I'd agree with you.
  20. A Democrat and a Christian, for life...that's me.
  21. I think it was that Republican idiot Falwell who even put together some kind of video(which you could have gotten for a "love" gift) linking the Clinton's to Foster's death. This dumb conspiracy theory has been debunked by most half-way sensible people although most right-wing conservatives try to keep it alive. Bill was good; "W' has been bad. These Conservative wackos need to get over the fact of wasting four Presidential votes.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.