Russell fans...who was better, Corbin or Belfry?

From what I understand , these two teams open up against one another next season. I was just curious as which team, Corbin or Belfry, Russell fans feel was the better team and tougher opponent this year. Corbin played Russell close in the region final at Russell(31-23) and, quite frankly, with a little more success in the red zone, could have won the game. The Red Devils seem to have physically ovwerpowered the Pirates in the state semi(19-0) at Belfry.

For those who saw both of these games, who was stronger at season's end, Corbin or Belfry?

In my opinion Belfry's youth at certain positions may have caused thier demise in the semi game. I am not making excuses, Russell deserved to win and did so.. Russell was a senior laden team and it showed. Belfry will return a lot next season and it should be another productive campaign on Pond Creek. Corbin and Belfry should be a great opening game for next season.

Corbins size up front on the o-line did a great job of protecting their QB which gave him lots of time to throw on most occasions which gave Russell Fits up until the the last quarter when we stepped it up a notch on defense.

I agree with Moreheads comments about belfry's youth. Russell gave them too many 2nd and 3rd and longs where they had to pass more than I think they do, which since they are mostly a running team, that I think hurt them. They completed a couple of passes and had a couple more (almost's) that would have gone for good gains.

Overall, both teams were tough games to play. An opening game match up next year should be a good one. I know belfry is young, I don't know about Corbin, but definetly a game worth going to.

Well they both are really great teams but I will have to go with Corbin on this one,but come next year I think Corbin will win it all,But should be a really great game when they both meet next year,it will come down to who wants it more,But With That said Lets GO RED DEVILS,I WILL SEE ALL YOU DEVILS FANS IN LOUISVILLE IN TWO DAYS