Everything posted by BigBoss69
-
Monroe County 22 Campbellsville 3
The Monroe vs Russell County game to conclude the regular season should be a good one that I could see going either way. If I recall correctly, Monroe was very fortunate to win that game last year.
-
Glasgow 46 Butler County 6
I understand the historical aspect of it, but it does Glasgow no good at all in terms of RPI to play Monroe County. It's a class below the Scotties + the Falcons are going to be very average for the next several years. As far as dropping Allen County, I don't like this. Allen County is a class up, so I really don't understand the logic here. As far as replacement games, I am pretty certain the Scotties will be facing Bowling Green in week 1 at the Rafferty's Bowl. I have also heard rumors that the Scotties will be playing Atherton High School and Logan County. Three very solid teams.
-
Wake Forest 30 Louisville 27
Jeff Brohm losing a game as a double digit favorite the week after getting a huge win. Rinse, wash and repeat. Very disappointing loss for the Cards, but honestly not all that surprising given their track record with Brohm.
-
Kentucky 35 South Carolina 34 (OT)
Gamecocks being favored in this one really surprises me. Dylan Stewart is not playing. This is always a great game and I do not see this one being any different.
-
Monroe County 22 Campbellsville 3
I don't think Monroe will have many problems in this one. I think the Falcons get to 5-2 heading into fall break. Monroe 28 Campbellsville 7
-
Warren East 28 Allen County-Scottsville 7
Warren East wins this one handedly. WE 42 Allen 8
- BGP Pick 5 Contest (Week 7)
-
Glasgow 46 Butler County 6
This one gets ugly fast. Running clock early in the second quarter. Glasgow 49 Butler 0
-
Warren East 31 Franklin-Simpson 28
Really looking forward to watching this one. I believe this will be one of the best games in the southcentral Kentucky area this week. The Raiders are looking good, especially on the defensive side of the ball. Franklin is a traditionally rich program that should win games like this. I think this will be a low scoring defensive battle. Give me the Wildcats in a close one. Franklin 15 Warren East 14
-
Larue County 50 Adair County 10
I think LaRue County is a very solid football team. I do not think they will have any major problems with Adair County. I expect LaRue County and Glasgow to meet each other in a few short weeks with both teams sitting at 8-0. I have not seen LaRue yet, but I have seen Adair. Give me LaRue in this one. LaRue 36 Adair 14
-
BluegrassPreps.com Class 3A Football Rankings 9/21
CAL is the clear cut #1 team in 3A. Heck, I personally think they're the best team in the entire state. It's a race for 2nd place in 3A. Getting an opportunity to play at Commonwealth Stadium (I refuse to call it Kroger Field) is special regardless and I truly believe the Glasgow Scotties have the offensive power to get their this season. The defense is coming along nicely and improving with each week, too.
-
BluegrassPreps.com Class 3A Football Rankings 9/21
No love shown for the Glasgow Scotties, huh?
- BGP Pick 5 Contest (Week 6)
-
College Football General Discussion (Week 5)
What's everyone's thoughts on Ole Miss at Florida this weekend? I think this Florida team is very good and flying under the radar. Also, I am stunned that they are favored over the Rebels.
-
Somerset 42 Metcalfe County 0
Running clock by the end of the first quarter or very early in the second in this one. Not even a contest here. Somerset will running clock every team in that putrid district.
-
Glasgow 48 Hart County 20
I do not see any scenario where the Raider defense can slow down the Scottie offense. As mentioned in the initial post, Glasgow is such a well balanced team on the offensive side of the football. The Scottie defense seems to be getting better each week, too. The wing T offense gave the Scottie defense fits in week two of the season against Barren County, but Hart County is a far cry from Barren County this season. I believe the Raiders will try to control the clock and keep the Glasgow offense on the sidelines. However, I do not see it being a successful game plan this week as the Scotties are just too much this year. Glasgow 56 Hart 7
-
Bowling Green 27 Barren County 19
I can admit, I was wrong about Barren County. I cannot believe the BC defense held them to 27 points. Barren County's offensive line dominated the game for most of the night. This is a very good BC team and I think they finish the season at 8-2.
-
Bowling Green 27 Barren County 19
One downfall of a Coach Meyers team is that they are not in great shape. Fatigue will be a factor. The BG defensive line will wear the BC offensive line down. BG by A LOT!
-
Bowling Green 27 Barren County 19
Guys, come on. Let's be real. Yes, Barren County is a very solid football team. I think they are the second best team in this district, but they are not close to being on Bowling Green's level. Barren will absolutely not be able to stop BG's offense and the BG defensive line will dominate the Trojans up front. I think BC will be able to put together a scoring drive or two, but ultimately the Purples figure it outI love the optimism and would honestly love to see the Trojans pull the upset, but it ain't happening. BG wins this one big. BG 49 BC 16
-
Kentucky 31 Texas A&M 21
Kentucky is close, but just aren't there yet. Alabama just wore them down in the second half and I expect the Aggies to do the same. I think Kentucky keeps it close for about two and a half quarters, but A&M pulls away late. Texas A&M 34 Kentucky 17
-
Glasgow 42 Adair County 7
I don't see a world where the Indians can slow down the Scottie offense. Could the Adair offense cause some problems for the Glasgow defense? Possibly, but not enough to pull off the upset. Adair has benefitted from playing an extremely weak schedule through the first four weeks. However, they're 4-0 and that's great for Glasgow when it comes to RPI standings later in the year. I'm rolling with the Scotties big in this one. Glasgow 49 Adair 13
-
Glasgow 48 Allen County Scottsville 0
Man, I'm not sure what else to say other than, poor Allen County. What has happened to them? This was a program who consistently won 6+ games per year and occasionally made deep runs in the playoffs. From watching the game tonight, it appears their numbers are way down. I'm not sure what, but something is going on within this program that is not good. You hate to see it.
-
Alabama 45 Kentucky 17
He's just trying to create a little excitement around a program that has not seen much success in several years. I don't mind a bit what he's doing.
-
Glasgow 48 Allen County Scottsville 0
Yes, never want to see a kid get hurt. But, like you said, it wouldn't have made much of a difference in this game tonight. Allen has Logan County, Paducah Tilghman, Warren East and Calloway County in their next four games after Glasgow.
-
Warren East 14 Warren Central 0
Give me the Raiders by a couple scores. WE 35 WC 22