Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AvidSportsJunkie856

Standard Membership
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by AvidSportsJunkie856

  1. Not taking up for Cooper admin whatsoever because their principal completely botched this whole situation, but, Coach Sully himself wouldn't have anymore success with the roster that Cooper has now in my opinion. Now, I believe one or two players transferred due to the coaching change and that would have made a difference. Anyone in the know about Cooper Basketball saw this "rebuild" coming and they have a VERY talented head coach that is currently leading the boys program and will have them competing for district/regional championships soon. With all that being said, I am sure last night was very sweet for Coach Sullivan and also pretty emotional. I am glad his Crusaders were able to come out on top and his team continues to get better each week. I really like the Kunstek kid, he was a talented football player as well! Does anyone have any inside info on the scuffle between Coach Sully and one of Cooper's assistant coaches?
  2. This is exactly why I am glad the shot clock is coming to high school sports. While I understand the strategy and it worked for Lloyd as they came out with the win, people paid money to go watch a basketball game. Watching kids dribble around mid court for almost 4 minutes is not basketball. I also acknowledge that "stall ball" is not something that occurs very frequently, however, the shot clock will make the game more entertaining because it eliminates the "stall ball" strategy.
  3. I feel like you have to put them in, at least, the first four round as an 11 seed if this happens. I realize the metrics aren't great, but there has to be something said for winning every game you play in the regular season!
  4. The Lady Jags are putting together another nice season! Should definitely be in the thick of it in the 9th region tournament. That 33rd District Final game should also be a dandy! Are Calloway County and Taylor County that good this year? No disrespect to those teams at all, just feel like those are games Cooper should have won!
  5. I think, if this happened, the tune around Coach Pope would totally shift. Even during this run I have talked to people that don't think Pope is the guy. If you go Sweet 16 and Final 4 in your first two years, that should totally shut up the critics ? Also, I would be more than thrilled if that was the trajectory of this team. I have looked at a few Bracketology's and noticed right now they are seeded 6th and playing Miami(OH) in the first round. I do not like that one bit. They have a nice team that believes they are going to win every game. Weak schedule, but there is something said about not losing.
  6. REALLY like the way he finishes blocks! You can tell he plays with an attitude and nastiness to him!
  7. Garrison is at his best when he is playing about 12 - 15 minutes per game. Short spurts. I don't know how many minutes he played Saturday night, but it definitely seemed like too many. On a side note, he is my least favorite Kentucky Wildcat, probably ever.
  8. Kentucky quietly is putting together a pretty good resume. I believe this win puts them at like 5-6 or 6-6 in quad 1 games. Always nice to sweep them season series against UT!
  9. I feel pretty confident saying that coming back from down 21 in the third quarter in a high school basketball game, with no shot clock, has probably not happened a ton. That is a big find comeback!! Congrats to Coach Fro and the Eagles.
  10. Today was possibly Conner's best performance of the year. They've got a bunch of young girls playing and are getting better every week! Not quite ready to play with Cooper or Ryle this season, but watch out for this group in about two years
  11. Sounds like they might be a team to keep an eye on in the next couple of years. I really like Coach Gambrel (my daughter went to the Pre-School she runs) and hope they do well moving forward!
  12. Don't know much about Conner, are they a young team? They are having a tough season for sure, but seem to be getting better and competing in games more so than the beginning of the year.
  13. I also read that Fresno State has been added to the list of teams that have reported Ole Miss for tampering. You'd like to think there would be discipline from the NCAA, but they have lost so much credibility so I am sure it will be a big Nothing-burger.
  14. Defensively: I am guessing you will see a variation of a 3-4/4-2-5. Offensively, I am assuming it will be similar to what Coach T ran but it also depends on who he brings in as his OC.
  15. I am so glad that the administration at Conner got this right. Coach Floyd has invested a ton of time, energy, and effort into that program. Even last year, when he was battling cancer, he showed up and led this group! He is absolutely the right man for the job, and Coach T is definitely smiling down on him and this program today! Can't wait to watch this program grow even more. No one will work harder to put a winning product on the field and develop student-athletes into men.
  16. If I remember correctly they struggled big time in the special teams department in big, close games. My middle aged brain may be deceiving me, but definitely feel like that was the case. If they sure that up, they will be in great shape next season and definitely one of the favorites.
  17. I definitely do not feel very good about this game. Not to "toot my own horn" but I also said the same thing about Vanderbilt and I was correct. This team just doesn't have the leadership needed to pull through in a tough, conference road game. Oweh is supposed to be the "leader" and he seems less interested than any other player in doing the little things needed to compete at a high level. I don't care what his offensive numbers look like, he is a huge liability with his lack of effort and there are numerous clips that you can pull up that show his lack of effort.
  18. Back to this thread....I am hearing interviews have concluded and the new coach should be announced in the next few days. I think the choice has already been made, but I do not know that for sure it is just speculation.
  19. Cooper will, obviously, take a little bit of a "step back" this season and that is not a knock on the program at all. It is just the reality when you lose the school's all time leading QB and RB, an all-star WR/DB, along with 20 other seniors that were very influential in the teams success. They definitely have some nice pieces in place with Clarke, Lozier, Freihoffer, and others and will probably still be the favorite to win the district but I don't think they will breeze through their district like they have in the last few years. Coach Borchers is one of the best coaches around and what he has built out off Longbranch Road is a consistent, winning program year in and out.
  20. I think that a lot of people would agree with me that Boone County could care less about athletics in the district. They don't even pay for transportation to games. That money has to be fundraised and paid for by the program or athletic department. They were the last of the "bigger schools" to get a turf field and it took an oversight and a multi-million dollar pay day from Amazon to get those turf fields. Luckily, there is a lot of talent in the county and programs thrive despite the buy in from the board. They would rather give their administrators and district office employees pay raises while they cut pay from extra duty positions (coaches)
  21. Hearing that interviews are taking place next week and that a new head coach should be named either by next Friday or Monday.
  22. Anyone have any updates? Only thing I have heard, honestly don't know if it is true or not, is that there have been over 10 applicants and one application from another state to the south. I would assume interviews should be occurring at the end of this week or early next week if they are truly sticking to the KDE February 1st timeline.
  23. Seems like this is becoming their M.O. though. I definitely agree it is going to come back and bite them in the behind at some point. I think Kentucky is just better than Texas and can overcome a small half time deficit in this game. I would feel significantly different if it was one of the top tier SEC teams, though.
  24. I know the school itself is a little older, but I do remember seeing a nice little "fieldhouse" at SW. How do the facilities stack up to other schools?
  25. I think Kentucky gets this one but I would love to see them actually start the game with a little bit of a sense of urgency. My guess is the Cats are down by 6 at half and then the 2nd half Cats come back and get the Win!! Kentucky - 75 Texas - 68

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.