Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AvidSportsJunkie856

Standard Membership
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by AvidSportsJunkie856

  1. I understand what you are saying, and am definitely not taking the parents/players side, but the complaints that are coming out is that the head coaches husband (who I believe is an assistant) was a little too "old school" and at times was over the top. Now, do I think part of it is players and parents that were not willing to adjust to the new coach and kept comparing things to how it used to be, probably. But, there is no place for some of the things that I have heard that was said to those girls.
  2. The Cats need this one to keep building momentum. They played really well and shot the ball really well on Saturday. If they can come out with the same intensity and effort then they have a really good chance. Texas A&M will come out on fire, especially after their loss Saturday, as they are playing for their NCAA Tournament lives. Texas A&M is slightly favored the last time I checked but I feel optimistic about this one. I think Kentucky is going to win 80-73.
  3. But......their daughter is a starter. The plot thickens! ?
  4. I am so intrigued by this. I always love a good story with some drama. I am hoping someone will spill the tea!
  5. Yikes. Very surprised by this outcome. Not a good end to the season for the Lady Jags!
  6. Hearing Coach Floyd is putting together a really good staff! I was told he brought on former SK head coach, Coach Roy Lucas to call the offense. Having a former head coach to help him in his first year as a head coach is such an huge addition! It also helps that the guy is one of the better play callers in the area. His offenses at SK were really strong! Also heard he brought in Coach Burns and Stallkamp from SK as well. Seems like Coach Floyd has really got things moving in a great direction in Hebron!
  7. I know this is kind of an impossible question to answer but I'm asking anyway...what do you all think Kentucky's record and NCAA Tournament seeding would look like if they Lowe, JQ (when he returned mid season), and Williams remained healthy all season? I personally think they'd be 21-7 and a 4 seed. Wins against UNC, Mizzou, and Georgia.
  8. If this thing shakes out like it should, Tuesday night will have two fantastic matchups! NDA/Cooper followed by HC/Ryle should be a great night of lady hoops!
  9. Looks like it's shaping up for a CovCath/Ryle final. I feel like that Conner/Highlands game could be a really good opening round game, but unfortunately the winner will only get to play one more game after that ?
  10. Is Coach High still leading Montgomery County? If so, couldn't be happier for him and those kids! He is a great dude!
  11. I can't remember the young man's name, but do they still have the extremely athletic QB? If so, I expect him to put up some big numbers this season!
  12. Agreed! Definitely some good wins towards the end of the season (Scott County, Highlands) and the future is bright! Losing Kearns hurts, but they have so much young talent! I look for them to be right in the thick of the 33rd maybe not next year, but in two years!
  13. I am sure this is going to change, but this morning my Weather Channel app was saying 1-3 inches of snow Sunday night and another inch possible Monday. What are they seeing that no one else seems to be seeing? ?
  14. It was a must win, and they did win. It was ugly, and even though it was a win, it is further proof to me that Kentucky is a second round team at best. I don't think they have it in them to pull any type of upset in the big dance. I really hope I'm wrong, but they lack in so many areas.
  15. I can't believe I am saying this, but a loss tonight and Kentucky becomes a legit bubble team. They HAVE to get this win tonight and still get another couple wins after before they can comfortably say they are in. I like Mark Pope, but this can't be the norm here. Not at UK. You have to get into the tournament and stack some wins to stay employed here. I will always root for Kentucky, and I think they should win tonight. However, I really need Kentucky to find a head coach that can bring this program back to where it should be. All that being said, and me ending my soap box rant....I do see Kentucky finding a way to win this one. Somewhere around.... Kentucky - 78 South Carolina - 70
  16. I can see this being a good and bad thing. There is nothing worse than sitting in that left lane waiting for a car to cross traffic when turning left. The addition of the middle turn lane will help with that. However, traffic is going to be backed up terribly in that stretch with the amount of use that road gets. Someone mentioned this already, but it is the main road used when one of the interstates is backed up or shut down, and a scenario like that will make this a nightmare. Plus, merging from two lanes before and after this piece of the road will be a nightmare as a lot of people really can't merge efficiently.
  17. Weirdly enough, when I was driving for Lyft last year, I had three consecutive days where I took someone from the airport all the way to Oxford as students were returning to campus from I believe Thanksgiving break. Finally, on the third trip, I decided to take a little time and walk around town as it looked so cool just being out in the middle of nowhere. It is a neat campus. I didn't enjoy the drives out there, but once I arrived, it was a cool experience. ?
  18. Oops, I had it backwards. I had CovCath by 10. I was very impressed with Madison Central and also thought CCH played a very ugly game. Hopefully, we get to see a rematch.
  19. Definitely not the start I was expecting. Madison Central looks READY to play tonight!
  20. I am going to "go out on a limb" here and pick CovCath ? They are the best team in the state, and while I expect Madison Central will compete, CovCath will win this by 10+.
  21. Man, what an ugly watch. Glad I fell asleep at about 10:15 ?
  22. CovCath's #6-10 players! Ha h In all seriousness, CovCath is so good this year, but I'd have to say it depends on the week. Ryle, Highlands, and Lloyd are all there but I agree, right now, with Ryle!
  23. This will be a difficult game for Conner. Boyd County has a nice team this year. If Conner has a chance to win, it is because Louden has a big night!
  24. I definitely agree with you, Sixer! Those players that were lost when Coach Sully was let go definitely left an even larger hole than the graduating classes the last two seasons! I was simply stating that, in my opinion, Coach Sully would have a very similar record if he was coaching this current roster. The Jags are just too young and do not have that top tier talent that they have had the last few years. Not trying to slight the Cooper players, as they play hard and seem to have bought into Coach Holthaus, they just don't have enough on the roster this season to compete with the top of the 9th. Now back to the game. An absolute classic of a game with everything you could want from an entertainment perspective! Two closely matched teams playing hard, coaches getting after it, and an amazing ending! Congrats to the Cru for the win!
  25. Scuffle was not the best choice of word usage there, I agree. However, Coach Sully did take part in some chatter during and after that incident. Definitely not the instigator, but he did walk by Cooper's bench and say a statement that is not appropriate to post on this site. ?I am assuming that it was directed at that assistant coach.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.