Everything posted by Brennan_Bucher
-
Corbin 35 Highlands 21
Anyone getting Deja Vu from last year? HHS went down 10-0 last year in round 3 and came back. Still plenty of time…I’m not too worried.
-
Corbin 35 Highlands 21
From the looks of things, the game is once again on "Hudl Fan". If you're like me, and will be tuning in to the student led Highlands Broadcast team, you can do it at the link below. https://fan.hudl.com/usa/ky/fort-thomas/organization/5235/highlands-high-school/schedule?date=2025-11-01T07%3A00%3A00.000Z&range=Month&s=U2NoZWR1bGVFbnRyeVB1YmxpY1N1bW1hcnk2OGY2MmFmNmY2MDBkZGEwZTE3OGY2NGI%3D I believe it is an $8 fee again this week.
-
Highlands Trophy Cleanout
Interesting opportunity if you’re a diehard fan of the Bluebirds looking to own some history. Athletic Department is looking to sell some of the old trophies, as space for them is very limited. See more, including an interest link, below. https://elweb.app/bonlvds
-
Highlands 45 Ashland 7
Per FT Schools... "proceeds help fund the Highlands Athletic Department and our student-produced broadcasting program." I have been asked by a few people my thoughts on the whole "pay per view" situation this week. Streaming games is expensive, especially when KHSAA charges a fee in the postseason to stream. Per their website, it's $200 for a school to stream the second round playoff game. So, I get it. We never did it when I was there. But it was always brought up. Another aspect of this, is the fact that students can still get reps despite this. The fact that FT can still do things like this for the kids, is awesome in my book...and the reason I've found some "success" (if you want to call it that) at this point in my life. I understand the frustration, but it's the price of going to the game anyway. Free is always nice...but I am still very happy that the kids will get at least one more game to broadcast. Because, whether you are a player, producer, director, camera operator, or broadcaster...HS sports is still all about the kids. So I am happy for the current kids in the program.
-
Highlands 45 Ashland 7
https://fan.hudl.com/usa/ky/fort-thomas/organization/5235/highlands-high-school/schedule?date=2025-11-09T05%3A00%3A00.000Z&range=Week&s=U2NoZWR1bGVFbnRyeVB1YmxpY1N1bW1hcnk2OGY2MmFiYjJjNDhlYTk1MDU0NmFjMWY%3D
-
2025 Highlands Bluebirds
Here's an FYI for Bluebird fans that I've worked out with the RPI Playoffs Bracket this year...if you want to look down the line at some possible/probable opponents in the 4A bracket. Round 1 vs Greenup County (11/7) Round 2 vs Ashland Blazer (11/14) Round 3 at Johnson Central (11/21) Round 4 at Franklin County (11/28) Round 5 vs Boyle County (Kroger Field) (12/5) This is an ASSUMPTION that all the highest RPI teams win, and Cov Cath has a loss to Johnson Central in round 2...and obviously just an excitement post after the bracket was released...but anything can obviously happen and throw things off.
-
Central Hardin 2 Daviess County 1 (Quarterfinals State Tournament)
Any score update here? Update, now realizing I'm off on my time...though I'll check back later for a score update ?
- 2025 BGP Pick 5 Contest (Week 10) ** Bonus Point Available **
-
Elder (OH) 40 Highlands 16
That Elder team is one of the best high school teams I’ve seen play in a while. Reminds me a lot of the early 2010s highlands teams with Pat Towels at the helm. Aggressive gameplay, and few mistakes. My word, elder played clean and fast. But, as a few have said in this thread…OH ball is just different. Highlands played them pretty ok, but that’s not who the Birds are competing with in all reality. It’s a good tune up and potential gut check for KY competition. It was a pleasure to be back, and enjoyed being with the 295 that tuned in. Looking ahead, my schedule says the next time I’ll be back for sure in the 859 is…state weekend ?
-
Highlands at Elder (OH) Predictions/Updates
It's great to be back in the 859 with this fantastic fall weather. If you can't make the game tonight I'll be live broadcasting on bluebirdsradio.com ! I'll be live a few minuets before the kick. Two perennial powerhouses going at it in The Pit! Doesn't get much better!
-
Highlands 31 Covington Catholic 28
I'm happy to give my pointers out, and he can do with them what he'd like. I still think, the main problem is the fact that year after year it's always been PA on the broadcast. The broadcast should have play by play and color, something that's never happened. That would make it a lot better, and I think they already do so many good things...whether it is the ref mic, the cameras, audio, or whatever high-tech advancements they make - the announcers just have always been a struggle even when I was there IMO and it's just about the format. But, no matter what, they've always gotten a broadcast out for each and every home game since I can remember. To me that's such a win.
-
Covington Catholic at Highlands Predictions/Updates
- Highlands at Harrison County Predictions/Updates
Anyone know if it's being streamed anywhere?- Highlands 28 Ryle 24
I'd have to agree! I was repping my blue out west today. Big win, Tayden Lorenzen is legit, man. Gabe Williams has been playing really well too, those Benke's look good off the edge. Really complete team, and they played a complete game today. Keep fighting, and they'll be great.- KHSAA Approves 35-second Shot Clock for 2027-28 season
Big fan of the move from a game perspective, I think it's good for the game to have. However, from an athletic department and operational standpoint...I understand why you wouldn't get on board. You're going to have to pay for a shot clock, install it, and find a person to run it, pay them, and make sure they are constantly there. Let's face it, the season is long and finding committed people for each game will be difficult. Also, will this include JV and Freshman? That's another hoop to jump through. But again, for the purpose of the game....I am all for it.- KHSAA Approves 35-second Shot Clock for 2027-28 season
Per Jason Frakes, Kentucky high school basketball shot clock approved by KHSAA Board of Control for 2027-28 season. 35 seconds. Thoughts?- Boyle County 21 Highlands 20
Special Teams, Special Teams, Special Teams. HAVE to nail it. No getting around it. You, of course, can point at offensive and defensive miscues. But, you have to look at what has been constantly causing errors for the Birds. A long way to go, and I'm not worried. They didn't lose at home to a rough 1A team...they went to Boyle County and played them to one point. Not bad. They've already been through the wringer with the schedule being difficult, but plenty of people were counting this is a huge loss. All losses suck, but this one isn't so bad in my view. I still have faith in the guys that are on the field for Highlands. I have no worries that they will be fine come postseason time, and it's good to experience some adversity at this point in the season. In the perfect time of the year to start building on, and learning from mistakes.- Highlands at Boyle County Predictions/Updates
I always love looking in at other schools student led broadcasts, and I'll give Boyle some credit here. From everything I've seen in previous games, and this pre game show, they've done as good of a job as I've seen....well, outside of Highlands of course!- Frederick Douglass at Highlands Predictions/Updates
I love HHS Broadcasting and especially HHS FB. I've said since I got there - needs to be a PxP at minimum. There's public address. Don't love that on a broadcast. However, I love that they put together a broadcast every year, without fail. A lot harder than it sounds.- Frederick Douglass at Highlands Predictions/Updates
For those asking…yes FT Film and Broadcast will be broadcasting the game. I’m sure they will be world class as always!- Frederick Douglass at Highlands Predictions/Updates
It’ll be strange watching from so far, but I am excited to watch the Birds play this year. It’ll be a gauntlet, but I’m still taking Highlands. If they can stay healthy - their skill positions are some of the best in KY. I’d expect a shootout style game. Excited to see who steps up defensively, but these linebackers are going to be good. Let’s go Bluebirds!- South Warren 6 Highlands 5 (9 innings) (Clark's Pump-N-Shop Baseball State Tournament Round One)
Tonight, I signed off of Highlands broadcasting for the final time. Thank you to not only the record setting 2616 that tuned in tonight, but to everyone that listened at any point. I hope some 8th grade kid reading this, get's the courage to see how much fun this could be, and takes off with it like I did. It was the greatest ride. Roll Bluebirds forever! Thank you all!- 2025 Clark's Pump-N-Shop Baseball State Tournament presented by UK HealthCare
I’m down the hall from the decision makers and I can’t even get a clear answer it seems lol.- 2025 Clark's Pump-N-Shop Baseball State Tournament presented by UK HealthCare
Play will resume at 4:38. Live broadcast: bluebirdsradio.com- South Warren 6 Highlands 5 (9 innings) (Clark's Pump-N-Shop Baseball State Tournament Round One)
Play will resume at 4:38. Live broadcast: bluebirdsradio.com - Highlands at Harrison County Predictions/Updates