Everything posted by Yall Wear High Waters
-
Sayre vs. Paris Predictions/Updates
Should be a great game! Lots of interested outsiders eager to see how this one plays out.
-
Sayre vs. Paris Predictions/Updates
I don’t care what level. Impressive stat!!
-
Dayton at Newport Central Catholic Predictions/Updates
If NCC comes ready to play from the start, it’s just a matter of when does the running clock start imo. Good luck to both teams and hoping for an injury free game. ?
-
Best and worst excuses after a game
Parents...Not all. But, we all can think of an example of how NOT to act. LOL.
-
Best and worst excuses after a game
This right here!!! Own it. Give Congrats to the other team and NEVER criticize your players when getting interviewed by the media.
-
Newport 54 Covington Holy Cross 14
Gotcha!! Appreciate the RPI knowledge!! Was not aware.
-
Newport 54 Covington Holy Cross 14
I think RPI re seeding kicks in third week not fourth week. Newport and NewCath will not see each other again until finals if so. ?♂️
-
Dayton 14 Bishop Brossart 0
Don’t get me wrong, I can appreciate/respect a coach getting behind his players and publicly state his players can play with any single A team. Definitely a sign of a good Coach who is building something. All that said, out coaching and outplaying Brossart is not the same as playing with NewCath. I wasn’t at the NewCath/Dayton game, but It was a running clock the entire second half..
-
Dayton 14 Bishop Brossart 0
Dayton certainly earned the win! I have a feeling NewCath will be chomping at the bit to try and make Dayton’s HC eat his words about them being able to play with any single A team in the state. I did notice there were quite a few NewCath people at the game. Love this time of year!!
-
Dayton 14 Bishop Brossart 0
The punter for Dayton did a great job.
-
Dayton 14 Bishop Brossart 0
Yes that happened. I believe it was the series following Dayton’s first score. Dayton was up 6-0 (missed 2 pt conversion) if my memory serves me correctly.
-
Dayton 14 Bishop Brossart 0
I absolutely LOVE “Mustangs” passion for all things Brossart. And yes there’s a video of Smith hitting from 57 circulating social media.
-
Dayton 14 Bishop Brossart 0
How many third and fourth down conversions did Brossart have in the game on Dayton’s side of the field? l am legitimately asking because I am not certain. And agree, that’s the beauty of this forum - to be able to discuss or second guess all the wasted opportunities. Not converting on 4th down at their own 30 with a minute left in the first half put them in a hole. 14-0 at the half with Dayton getting the kickoff. Seems like shortening the field for Brossarts offense with a big leg in Smith could have been helpful, as well as give the team more confidence. Brossart struggled in the red zone all night. Get points. Obviously I wasn’t on the sidelines so do not claim to know the entire situation. Just a fan who enjoys NKY football. Disclaimer- In no way am I intending any sort of disrespect to anyone involved. I’m just a dude, playing a dude, behind an obscure handle name. (Kudos to anyone getting the movie reference)
-
Dayton 14 Bishop Brossart 0
How does Brossart not put any points on the board with the Smith kid able to kick 57 yard FG’s? Seems like wasted opportunities in a seemingly very close game where a FG or two could have helped change momentum you allude to. Was Smith healthy to your knowledge?
-
Bullitt East 20 Campbell County 17 (OT)
Campbell Co has had some tough, close games as of late. Always root for NKY teams come playoff time. Was hoping they would pull this one out.
-
Dayton 14 Bishop Brossart 0
I was referring to the drought you just described. Not trying to diminish recent accomplishments. They have an uphill battle with NCC and Newport (now) in their district. Tonight was a big win for Dayton imo.
-
Dayton 14 Bishop Brossart 0
A couple overly aggressive play calls by Brossart helped Dayton as well. Dayton earned that win regardless imo.
-
Dayton 14 Bishop Brossart 0
Dayton has not won many playoff games recently. Kudos to them for going on the road and getting the dub.
-
Open Job: St. Henry (New Program)
Do you think Lickert would leave NC for St Henry?
-
What penalty should teams that withdraw from the playoffs receive?
I'm more for teams earning a playoff spot - [Top 2 go in a 4 team district, top 4 go in 6 team (or something like that)] than I am for punishing a...let's say, 0-10(just one example) 4th seed for not wanting to get drilled and limiting a potential safety risk to their kids. One could argue they took their punishment all year long. A team either earns a playoff bid, or they earn a spot in the bleachers come playoff time. I say give the kids a carrot instead of a stick. Life lessons type stuff.
-
Brossart at Ludlow Predictions/Updates
This game has playoff seeding implications for these two small schools. Brossart handled Holy Cross last week. Ludlow over Trimble Co. Winner is in command of #1 seed of this district. Would love to hear everyone's thoughts.
-
A Couple of Campbell County Camels on the move?
I heard that as well. I have no affiliation with either school. Legit reasons for the transfer. Good kids and wish them nothing but the best.
-
Traveling Trophies
25 years straight on “The Hill” is a solid start to this Millennia.
-
KHSAA rules on Somerset's controversial week one game
I personally don’t expect perfection. I do expect the refs to know the rules. IMO, Knowing the rules is not perfection. Knowing the rules should be the minimum to officiate. The Fact that the KHSAA owned the mistake and took action, is a great thing. To use your analogy, I can see why pro refs are expected to be more ACCURATE than Pee-Wee refs on judgements calls, but I expect all levels to know the rules. I appreciate the dialogue!
-
KHSAA rules on Somerset's controversial week one game
My definition of incompetent is “not functioning properly”. In this case, my definition tracks. The refs did not do their job, therefore they did not function properly. Incompetent. quit trying to conflate how Refs are treated. No one is advocating for refs to be disrespected. Just own the failure and move on. Sheesh.