Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Yall Wear High Waters

Standard Membership
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Yall Wear High Waters

  1. Perhaps that's why he was approached in the first place.
  2. How else would a school try to endear Eviston to a possible move? It's a tactic used quite a bit. "Hey, your opinion is highly regarded, would you also be interested in hearing what we have to offer?" Being on the committee provides cover for those conversations to happen while not jeopardizing a coaches current job. EE was the first choice, but it fell through for whatever reason(s). Congrats to Coach Kozerski!
  3. Give your happiness away!! LOL. Rhetorically asking, would you rather lose Eviston or a few assistants looking to branch out on the coaching tree? IMO No way Isaac leaves for Brossart. Hard spot for Justin if He is being considered for the HC position at Brossart. Here's to being a HS coach while raising HS kids!! ?
  4. It was the largest (or one of) gates Brossart FB program took in that year (per the BB Principal)
  5. A competitive Brossart football team willing to put NewCath on their schedule has the potential to be the biggest crowd in Campbell Co whenever that game is scheduled. That's the only way Brossart erases this perception (in the above quote) that started/lasted as long as Brossart has been alive. They compete in every sport except Football. I wonder if this decision not to play NewCath had an effect on the Wiggins decision. Can anyone else picture the inaugural game on NewCath's brand new field being Brossart vs. NewCath?
  6. Knowing what I know, it has nothing to do with any other sport or any personal matter Coach Wiggins is going through. I believe Coach Wiggins and his staff did a great job getting the program to where it is. He and his staff should be celebrated as they have earned the accomplishment of building that program. I hope they honor him and his staff for the team’s recent accomplishments when it’s fitting for the program. I hope the new coach understands this as well. Furthermore, the school has staff members who are not Catholic so moving on from someone for a specific reason relating to a very personal, private matter(and how the Catholic Church views it) is absolutely ludicrous. That allegation does not at all jive with the attitudes and behaviors I have witnessed from the Brossart admin. I will not speculate on why the change is happening, out of respect for everyone I know involved. Just gotta let it play out. Coach Wiggins and that staff are some great men and are deserving of any opportunities they go after. apologies for the long response.
  7. Now THAT would be a "splash" hire!
  8. Wiggins and staff did a great job getting the program off the ground to a respectable level. I see this position as a great job, which is a testament to Wiggins and staff. The district is up for grabs with Holy Cross looking for a new coach as well. Ludlow had a fantastic year and seem to have things humming along. Fun Fact for those that are not aware: The Principals at Holy Cross and Brossart are brothers. Lots of eyes on these next two hires in NKY 1A. "Splash hires" would definitely have people take notice how serious these schools are with their football programs.
  9. You and I are absolutely on the same page with this... LOL!!!!
  10. That apology only makes sense if He is Gen X...HAHAHA!!!!
  11. Coach Rash to St Henry would be epic. Most likely in Beechwood's district as well.
  12. Is this some sort of joke? Please tell me this is a joke. We are joking, right? Does this coach have a tendency to make jokes when things are tense? LOL, Is He Gen X? So many questions, I am invested at this point. LOL. In all seriousness, I hope they get this figured out and are able to move forward.
  13. I was going to ask you how popular the policy was! LOL.
  14. In a banquet's true spirit, it is held to honor the Team, the Seniors, and other players that excelled throughout the year. Give Thanks to the Parents and fans who showed up to the games, as well as all the district employees who support the program. It is NOT the time to discuss anything else (IMO). Boilerplate yes, but make it genuine and accurate. That discussion is to held separately at a different time. Sure it can be held in person, just be ready for some to not handle their emotions all that well. The coach better be ready to be humbled. Coaches that make it all about themselves and their ego are in it for the wrong reasons. (I do not know this coach and this is not to insinuate he has an ego problem or does not care about the kids) I am merely talking on where to have this discussion and leadership when dealing with HS athletes and their supporters. This 3 min clip did nothing but create an opportunity to make volatile situation worse by using this approach.
  15. I don't have numbers but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn and while running a simple Duck Duck search of "how is the transfer portal affecting high school seniors" The narrative back in 2021 was overwhelmingly sounding the alarm for HS seniors. Here is a more recent clip... https://www.kwqc.com/2023/12/06/college-footballs-transfer-portal-impacts-high-school-players/ According to ESPN, 20.5 percent of FBS rosters in 2023 were made up of transfers. In 2019, that number was just 6.4 percent. “What it trickles down to to the high school level has just been chaotic and crazy,” Morrissey said. “The college rosters are being filled and built up with transfer portal players instead of developing four-year players from the high school level.”
  16. I think Colleges HAVE to look at the portal first. They are getting someone with experience as a College Athlete from another school. I'm not referring to cutting back on the act of recruiting. I am specifically talking about the amount of D1 scholarships offered to HS Seniors. I think HS Seniors who want to play at the next level, AND especially those that think they have D1 ability, need to simply be aware how much the transfer portal has changed the landscape of Next level athletics. my apologies if I was unclear. I can be hard to follow myself when I get on a subject that interests me. HAHA!!
  17. D1 schools can now easily go to the portal (without the transfer having to sit out a year) before offering an incoming Freshman. I don't know the stat off hand, but the amount of incoming Freshman was overwhelmingly larger than Seniors on scholarship and NFL prospects before NIL became a thing. Now all I hear is how D1 schools are offering less and less High School Seniors. Just look at the beginning of this thread, every college kid who entered the portal is trying to find an NIL deal or go to a bigger school. If anyone is seeing or hearing anything different, please let me know. I kinda hope I am wrong.
  18. Think about what this does to incoming Freshman...certainly makes getting D1 offers tougher IMO.
  19. Perhaps a fan base that is blaming him for the 3rd straight loss to UM is the cause..? I would not put it past some of those fans to issue death threats...
  20. That roster is not accurate. I believe They have about 14-15 kids on the roster.
  21. Exactly my thoughts as well. Lots of hype (rightfully so IMO) about these two programs all year in 1A. RPI did not get it right. Also...why is the KHSAA seeding the regional finals? Why not just seed the Regional Champions (seed 1 thru 4) and make it "Regional Champion" an accurate accomplishment. RPI has too much weight and doesn't pass the logic test imo.
  22. The entire game was a battle. It was a great game. Kids from both teams making plays all over the field. NewCath will be back again next year. Congrats to C-Ville.
  23. Let's Go Ludlow!!!! Show them what NKY is all about.
  24. This game will be decided by who wins the battle up front. Athletes on both teams.
  25. This game (like most others) will be won upfront imo. Some Dudes on both sides tonight.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.