Campbellsville 28 Newport Central Catholic 23

Sounds like a great game. I don't think there were too many people who didn't consider New Cath as an underdog in this one, but I'm definitely glad the Breds were able to give it their all and show that they aren't as down and out as some folks seem to consider them. Their enrollment may not be what it was in the past, but their drive and desire to win football is another matter entirely. Coach Lickert is continuing to build on the tradition that Bob Schneider built.

Congratulations to Campbellsville on the win!

• Like 5

Very physical game.  I don't think Campbellsville knew how to handle Newport Catholic's physical nature of NCC's running game.  Welch and Cole punished people.  Campbellsville made some nice adjustments at half. Both teams committed critical penalties. NCC had a TD called back on a penalty and a miscue on a punt created a turnover inside the five which led to a Campbellsville TD.  Campbellsville certainly had their share of penalties and errors. It was a great game to watch.  Both teams deserved to win.  Both teams left it all on the field. Good luck to Campbellsville next week.  I have a feeling they may need it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Kudos to the Campbellsville coaching staff, their second half they clearly addressed their tackling issues, were much cleaner with penalties, and found what was working on offense and pushed it.

It’s not how you start but how you finish. After NewCath went up 17-7 early in the 3rd quarter, Campbellsville outscored NCC 21-6 to finish the comeback. 

• Thanks 1