Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Yall Wear High Waters

Standard Membership
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Yall Wear High Waters

  1. Feel I need to correct as original post was wrong. Miles now shows 8/14 (?) 159 yards and 2 pass td’s total game stats in image below
  2. 55-7 is impressive at half. NewCath did whatever they wanted. QB Miles was 8/8 for 5TD’s and 233 yards. Not bad for 2 quarters of play.
  3. Everybody counting Scott out. NewCath needs to continue to come out and hit them in the mouth and set the tone for the evening. Scott is not Walton.
  4. Week 3 we got NewCath (2-0) at Scott (0-2) in Taylor Mill this Friday. Week 2, NewCath completely dominated Walton 49-0 with just under 470 yards total offense, while holding WV to just 68 yards total offense. Everyone appears healthy and ready to rock for the Breds. Last Friday, Scott lost to North Bullitt 35-29 in a much closer battle. Scott definitely has some kids that can make plays on the offensive side of the ball, but do they have the dudes to stop the NCC rushing attack averaging about 280 yards per game? Let us know your thoughts in the comments.
  5. Complete domination last night by the Breds. They got some young talent and speed in the pipeline. PS. Walton has a great setup out there. Beautiful setting.
  6. Who is currently out for Walton? Who/What will they be missing week 2 against NewCath? I noticed serveral Brossart players in shorts as well...
  7. I don’t think anyone is worried. It was more preseason uncertainty. Miles can sling it, and they certainly got several horses that can make plays downfield. The dudes up front will ultimately dictate how successful this team will be IMO. Lots to still improve, I hope they just stay focused and get better. Their chemistry and culture is impressive to witness on the field so far this year.
  8. NewCath coming off a big win against Lloyd, healthy and ready to keep rolling. They will be taking on Walton Verona week 2. Looks like Walton is a little banged up as they are looking to get that first win of the season after losing to Bishop Brossart.
  9. Lloyd is a solid team that is going to get even better as the season moves along. They are going to win a lot of games this year. Great win for NewCath. Lots to improve and build upon. Lots to be excited about. NewCath had so many different players making an impact throughout the game it was crazy and Oline & DLine handled their business.
  10. Anybody wanna give their perspective on this one? Interested to hear how the game went.
  11. They don't have to rely on one player as they got athletes at every skill position. Welch was the man and broke so many tackles to extend plays it was impressive to watch, and the year before that, Runyon also made plays in every facet of the game, dude was an absolute playmaker on Friday nights. I am sure Kaleb Cole will get his opportunities and rightfully so. A downhill Cole is not something opposing defenses will enjoy.
  12. Honestly, there are several. Personally, I am really excited about QB Miles. Dude can make every throw from inside and outside the pocket and has shown to be sneaky quick when tucking the ball. Let's see how everything shakes out when the lights come on tomorrow. A lot of people are excited to see him make plays with his arm and feet if need be.
  13. Pikeville Bowling Green South Warren Dixie NewCath
  14. If Lloyd's line is completely new, I expect Lloyd to have that QB rolling out towards the flats looking down field, or quick passes to the flats with the ball getting out his his hands quickly. NewCath has a lot to prove up front early on both sides of the ball. Should be a pretty good game.
  15. Not really. I think they had one in OH. A Montessori team from what I was told. I am not 100% sure.
  16. The Juggs travel to CovCath to take on the Breds next Friday. Both teams looking for a fast start. Who ya taking in this one? Leave a comment explaining your vote to get the discussion going. GO SPORTS!!!!
  17. Scrimmaged Bracken Co last night. Regular game format except no live special teams. Varsity played 3 quarters. JV quarter 4. 14-0 Bracken after 3. Newport had a hard time moving the ball. Bracken dominated field position all night. However BC had a hard time getting into end zone, seemed like several well thrown passes ended as dropped balls. Newport definitely has got some things to figure out, but it’s early.
  18. From the NCC Parent's I have heard from, love that transportation was part of the plan. While its not ideal just yet, that stadium on the Hill certainly makes NCC ideal for a lot of families in NKY.
  19. What I know, with Construction about to begin on the hill, FB team will practice off site. (St. Joseph, Cold Spring) Not certain of start time considering bussing the boys to and from, but if past predicts future, practice will most likely end at/around 6PM. I have no idea about Lickert's work schedule/agreement with CPS.
  20. Miles is the starter. Hearing lots of positive things about him. Watched him on a few reps of 7 on 7, He made some impressive throws. Skills guys gained a lot of confidence these past few weeks. As with most smaller schools, depth is the biggest concern. If they can stay healthy, they should be able to compete with anyone on their schedule.
  21. Agree Collopy can do anything, and will do anything the coaches ask him to do. The kid is just built to win and is a natural leader. I think having Miles and Collopy on the field together makes the offense better. I am interested to see how Miles responds when things get rough. We know how Collopy responds. I'm rooting hard for both of them. Lickert and staff know what their doing.
  22. From all the games I have seen, no arguments here.
  23. From what I can tell things are coming right along. A lot of enthusiasm behind the new branding, and stadium construction starting in July. High expectations this year. Great group of young men. Will be interesting to see how the QB position shakes out. Some holes to fill up front at Center and Guard. Guys have been putting in the work all offseason. The leaders will have this group ready to go as they seem determined to best last year.
  24. This kid likes to deliver punishment. He is so fun to watch. After coming back from his injury, you could actually see him looking for someone to "try him." I expect him to bring even more of that this season. Nicest kid you would meet off the field. On the field, an absolute nightmare on both sides of the ball LOL.
  25. I TOO love the cold beers. With cameras/apps on every phone, and every kid with a phone, recipe for disaster. As God as my witness, I am thankful current technology was not available back then. Admittedly, Grad parties were freakin awesome in the early 90's...HAHA!!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.