Hungover_in_Andover
Standard Membership
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Topic: Class 6A Media Poll - 9/10/26
Everything posted by Hungover_in_Andover
-
Tyquan Rice is the new head football coach at Bourbon County
No debate there! Unless there was a long play behind the scenes.
-
Tyquan Rice is the new head football coach at Bourbon County
Nope, I thought I saw that scheduled for 2025, but it was soccer.
-
Tyquan Rice is the new head football coach at Bourbon County
3-19 over two seasons, and one win was a forfeit after Western Hills reported an ineligible player. BoCo lost that game 0-32.
-
Tyquan Rice is the new head football coach at Bourbon County
BoCo vs Paris is gonna be a sellout this upcoming season! Like someone else said, can't wait to hear the backstory on this one!
-
Open Job: Western Hills
That's likely why JuJu Harmon left to go back to Georgetown... His dad was an assistant on that staff. I thought that was an odd move at first, now it makes sense.
-
Open Job: Paris
From the Facebook Page of Tyquan Rice: "There are so many things that I wanna say but, I’ve grown a lot over the years. I will just say that Paris will always be home and the place where I started my coaching journey. This community took a shot on me and my staff and I hope we made yall proud. I have loved every one of my kids that have called me Coach, and have served them with everything in me. And will continue to do so. I have put this job before friendships, relationships, finances, and family. But it will never come before my kids. At this point in my life, love, respect, peace, and support is the only thing that matters to me. You can’t put a price on that. I will certainly miss, those Blanton Collier lights. #Greyhounds" Who does Paris call on to lead the next chapter of Greyhound football???
-
Frederick Douglass Transfer
FIRST OF ALL Demond is enrolled at DOUGLASS. SECOND OF ALL, Carter G Scholars that play football have been in the Academy at least since 7th, 8th grade. And why haven't any other Douglass sports utilized this "loophole"? Basketball? Soccer? Swim team?
-
Frederick Douglass Transfer
Jaxon Strautman is at BG, TayTay Allen is at Creek, and Elijah Ward is at Woodford Co.
-
Open Job: Bryan Station
I haven't heard ANYTHING about their search, other than J.T. Haskins turned down an initial offer. Maybe they upped the ante, and persuaded him.
-
2025 Bowling Green Purples
Gonna be tough following Deuce Bailey.
-
11th Region: Week 5
In theory. It SHOULD BE. But now, are you going to ruin chemistry on a team that has ONLY lost to the #1 and #3 teams in the state? Who gets benched? What roles change, does anyone's ego get bruised? Aveion isn't a ball-dominate guy, but SOMEONE who was a part of the Broncos early success is gonna lose minutes. We shall see.
-
11th Region: Week 5
Aveion Chenault has decided to play the remainder of the basketball season for Frederick Douglass.
-
Massey Ratings - KY Girls (12/29/24)
Is Ciara Byars not cleared to play? I haven't seen her in any GRC boxscores. @Runcible Owl
-
2024 All State Teams
Right. There's still plenty of local, statewide programs that would benefit from his ability. Curious to see where he lands.
-
6A Football - Just the Facts
Lexington's middle school pipeline is drying out. After 2027 class, COVID has stunted little league growth, and in turn middle school ball. There are hardly any names ringing at the youth or middle level, the way it was prior to the pandemic.
-
2024 All State Teams
Where is D. Brown from Boyle going to college? I haven't seen his name anywhere since Boyle lost. That kid gutted us (FDHS). Of course, Quisenberry is the big time star, but man, after this season's production, I would think Brown would be mentioned just as much as Quisenberry is.
-
Open Job: Henry Clay
Very surface assessment here, but... Football in Carrollton, GA is likely much different from football in Atlanta at Ga. St. Looking at his social media, he hasn't posted very often since taking the UWG job, in comparison to when he was coaching the Panthers. He was very active then. In addition, maybe taking a high school job allows him to reset his trajectory at the college level. On top of taking on the challenge of reviving the Blue Devils, which would ultimately mean having to dethrone the program that HE started. I think that is quite the incentive!
-
Open Job: Henry Clay
Anyone hearing of Brian Landis, currently an assistant at University of West Georgia, formerly of Georgia State University, Frederick Douglass, and UK, having thrown his hat in the ring for the Blue Devils gig?
-
Frederick Douglass at Trinity Predictions/Updates
Failure in all three phases. Quite unfortunate.
-
Frederick Douglass at Trinity Predictions/Updates
Maybe we get lucky and the refs didn't do the form, if that concept holds true. It WAS raining, and they drew the ire of alllll the fans there, so maybe they just wanted to get home and be done with it.
-
Jarren Johnson - Mr. Football Conversation
Likely an uphill climb without offers. Again, based on past winners, it seems that is a necessary part of a winning resume.
-
Jarren Johnson - Mr. Football Conversation
Does he have any offers? Seems that's what moves the needle in these conversations, rather than being solely based off stats.
-
Frederick Douglass at Trinity Predictions/Updates
Chenault and Turner.
-
Frederick Douglass at Trinity Predictions/Updates
Ohhhhh THAT crew of refs will DEFINITELY fill out the paperwork, with all the flags they threw Friday night.
-
Frederick Douglass at Trinity Predictions/Updates
FREDERICK Douglass wins 27-21 on the road in regulation. The OC has been playing possum all season and will call the game according to the strengths of the Broncos. Can't wait to pull into Marshall Stadium with all this optimism.