Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

GC-Dragons

Standard Membership
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GC-Dragons

  1. This is one of those, not exactly sure what to expect kind of teams. They return some pretty talented kids, but also lost a large senior class. I’d expect them to be very good at the skill positions, but worse in the trenches. Should be a competitive district for them.
  2. That they are. The district also had some major losses in talent from The other schools. I believe the district will come Down to Metcalfe and Green. I give the edge to Metcalfe off last years experience and they return just about everything as well. Should be the best Dragon team in the last 5-7 years.
  3. Should be very improved. I think they return somewhere around 18-19 starters. Return basically the entire team, minus a few good pieces that graduated. Houchens and Seymour could run for close to 1000 yards a piece. I think last year they would have been improved if it wasn’t for the covid and massive injuries. I believe they started 3-4 freshman on the offensive line the majority of the games due to injury. Coach Phelps Walks into a very good situation in the fact they return just about everything. Hope to see the Dragons win 5-6 games next year. Have enough talent to win every game on the schedule in all honesty, but that’s a tall order for a first year coach and kids learning a new system.
  4. I’m not certain what Central returns, but Green County returns the house. Pretty much return 18-20 guys who started last year. Including 4 linemen, the entire back field, along with just about the entire receiving core. Most of the Green County team were freshman and juniors last year, I expect them to be much improved.
  5. I’ve heard they have narrowed it down to 3 guys and have conducted interviews. I haven’t heard any names of who they might be, but I’ve heard some pretty interesting candidates applied. Some that come from some really good programs.
  6. Good deal. I really Like Jaggers and the job he’s done at Larue.
  7. I wonder if Coach Jaggers at Larue would be interested in this job? I believe he played at Danville.
  8. I’m not sure I’ve seen an entire team shoot the lights out more than Ashland did this game. Impressive performance.
  9. If Ashland shoots the ball like that, they will beat anyone. I mean talk about being on fire. Great game so far.
  10. Hey Harry. If you looked at this years hires so far, 5 of the 7 coaches hired so far are previous head coaches. And most have 10-15 years or more in coaching. It’s hard for young guys to beat out guys with that many years of experience. Most years when I see openings, if young guys aren’t already in the program a more seasoned coach gets the opportunity when he applies over a new guy. I can’t say I fault the logic, but at the same time I see the issues for young and new coaches trying out for jobs. I honestly don’t know what the answer is, I think the bigger issue is what you eluded to earlier, keeping young and new coaches in and around the game.
  11. Honest question Coach, Why do you think that is? I constantly see the same coaches being recycled and very few young coaches getting opportunities and most I know that are young that have applied always say schools want more experience. Only way to gain experience is to coach. It’s kinda a double edge sword. I respect your opinion a ton on these issues and can’t thank of a better man and person to ask. Thanks
  12. Doesn’t matter one bit. I wish Coach Cobb well and think he is a wonderful coach. I’m sure he will do great. I’m also sorry, I thought this was a message board. Who knew we aren’t allowed to comment on a certain subject on a message board when it pertains to a head coaching hire that I’d say more than likely 85 percent didn’t see coming.
  13. It’s pretty obvious I’m aware of other programs being better than Trinity or at the same level as them all over the country. I’m not sure what any of that has to do with my comment, I was more referring to the fact everyone said the hire wouldn’t be from our State. Now for the state of KY, not a single team can even come close to matching what the Rocks have done in the last 20 years. That’s not up for debate.
  14. I wish him nothing but the best in doing just that, just didn’t foresee them hiring Coach Cobb.
  15. I more than likely should have expanded on my response. I don’t get this hire in the sense he isn’t going to be around for another 20 years like Beatty. I had assumed (Wrongly) that they would have hired a younger coach to lead the program for the next 20-30 years.
  16. Hearing Mark Peach has applied and is the main one in the running for the job. Didn’t figure he would leave Trigg for the Green County job.
  17. So much for a nationwide search. Not sure I get this hire.
  18. I haven’t heard anything. I’ve been gone for a few weeks for work so haven’t been in the know crew. If they hire from within I would think Coach Judd who was the defensive coordinator and did a great job for them with them gets a shot or Coach Davis who coached offensive line and had some big rushers gets a look. I could also see Mike Griffiths making a come back, I wouldn’t be against it due to his ability to get wins.
  19. I’ll start off with I feel terrible for Coach Whitlow. Year one with a new system to install and you have to replace something like 19 of 22 starters with some really young kids. Year two you have covid and just unreal the amount of injuries they sustained. Tough to succeed anywhere with the injuries they had. With that said, Whoever gets this job is walking into a very good situation. Dragons return both Running backs, QB, TE, 4 of 5 Linemen, and all but two receivers. Defensively they return 9 of the 11 starters. The loss of Gray and Hessig will hurt but they return enough to be very very good on defense.
  20. What a terrible look for Coach James. He very well may have a legitimate reason for backing out of the job, but I can’t imagine getting the opportunity to coach highlands and then leaving like this.
  21. I really liked the play call by Franklin on fourth down. Kid was wide open, just needed a little more air under the ball. What an awesome game.
  22. I’m looking for a quick throw or a QB scramble to score here.
  23. If Boyle loses this game, they have no one to blame but themselves, terrible play calling and game management. Plain Terrible.
  24. If I’m Franklin, I don’t want to give the ball back to Boyle. They have moved it at will. If I’m Boyle I don’t like that Franklin has the ball, they have moved the ball at will. What a ball game.
  25. You have to take the field goal at that stage of the game. Make them have to score to beat you.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.