Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

1992Rebel

Standard Membership
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 1992Rebel

  1. Heard that Notre dame beat Anderson county by 15 and whooped Bethlehem by 25 in their pre season scrimmages (was Leah Macy on the court?). Seems like a good start for the Pandas.
  2. Looks like some good matchups. Looking forward to the season!
  3. This will be a big loss for the Bluebirds this season. They will still be a force in the 9th region. Hope she can make a full recovery below is a link to a Facebook Post about Saylor Macke not playing this season due to multiple concussions https://www.facebook.com/share/18zmYKJNNV/?mibextid=K35XfP
  4. I hope they do another special edition for basketball this year. That was very well done last year and had a lot of great information about these ladies.
  5. It is hard to think that SK won’t be a force this year. They return a ton!
  6. Wasn’t 2021 the year a lot of kids reclassified and played a 5th year for BW? That might also explain their advantage that year…
  7. Highlands is a great team that nobody thought CCH would hang with. After the Colonels challenged a very good Highlands team I had no doubts about tonight. Roll Colonels.
  8. I have not heard anything. I thought she would be the weapon needed to put Highlands at the top of the 9th. They are still going to be good but she was surely going to help. Will be interesting to see.
  9. Exciting win for the Raiders. Frustrating and most likely controversial loss for the Colonels. Up 2 with 2 outs in the 6th, a very nice looking curveball thrown by Dieref called a ball. I think everyone but the 2 people that mattered (the ump and the batter) thought it was strike 3 and end of the inning. Next pitch was a two run double and game was tied. next inning the Ryle students were allowed to blow a horn while pitcher was pitching. Is that legal? Looked as if the 3rd base umpire asked for it to be removed and is was not and the go ahead runner was walked. Quick question: Why do football and basketball get other region referees for their Region playoffs but baseball gets local guys? Seems like that might eliminate any potential bias that might exist for or against a program. Not making any accusations, just wondering.
  10. Big crowd and passionate fans on both sides! Cool to see. I hope the girls enjoyed it.
  11. I have been a fan of NDA basketball for many years now and have witnessed the transition of coaching staffs multiple times. Kes has Absolutely improved the product, I don't think anyone disputes that. I agree with a lot of what @Legacy26 has to say about NDA athletes choosing soccer or volleyball over basketball, but I can't think of a single volleyball player that has played both during his tenure. I can think of 5 that have played soccer and basketball at NDA past their Freshman year and some even finish playing both. The girls that finish the program keep in touch with Kes, and to my knowledge they all have very good relationships with him. Didn't ex player Kate Moore even come back and help on the staff this year? From my point of view, and in my opinion, Kes has played the same players at his disposal that I would be playing if I was the coach. He seems to reward effort, hustle and execution and not reward lack of discipline or doing something the exact opposite of what he told them to do... In my discussions with the players I have known closely, yes he can be a jerk at times in practice or post game speeches but I have never had a coach that wasn't that way at times. Isn't that one of the fringe benefits of sports... to maybe prepare you for the future if your boss or manager isn't always nice to you? I thought I read that Rosemary moved out by Ryle? Don't know anything about Kirtley... As for the 3 juniors that quit last year, they didn't play last year with only one senior so if they thought not much was going to change, maybe they decided to try something else? Again, I'm not sure Kes is getting the lineups wrong to win games but everyone has their own opinion. I know for a fact that Basketball is getting less and less popular at the Grade school level in ALL the NDA Feeder Schools. I doubt very much that Kes has anything to do with that. I just think Soccer and VB are more popular. @UKato91 Can't you say the same things about the baseball coach across the street? Low senior count, good talent, wins a lot of regular season games, no region title in years... He still seems to get a lot of respect... I know a lot of people, especially officials, don't like Coach Murphy. But I'm a fan. He dedicates an incredible amount of time into these girls. I'm pretty sure at a rate of about $1/hr.
  12. Great game to watch. Congrats to Highlands. Pandas end a good season but I’m sure they are disappointed with the way it all ended. congrats to Senior Kendra Collins on a fantastic career. She will be missed.
  13. Probably Sophia Gibson’s best game of the year. I was hoping to see a more competitive game. Turnovers haunted the Pandas. if shooters are on, Sophia is off and vice versa. If the Pandas can play a game when everyone does their thing they could be dangerous. We’ve only seen that once or twice this year. Congrats to HC for breaking NDAs 5 year District champion streak.
  14. I’ll pick NDA to upset Holy Cross in the district final. That will be their season highlight.
  15. Agreed. Respectfully I'm not shocked by tonight’s result. Cooper just really good at everything.
  16. The most dynamic and game changing player I have seen this year from the 9th is Quinn Eubank. I don’t think the honor should be shared. Congrats on great seasons to all of these hard working and talented ladies.
  17. Cooper will not have any issues with either of these teams. Manual might have a tighter contest if the game is in Louisville and they get friendly officiating….
  18. Pandas dig another hole in first qtr and go down by 13. Pretty even game after that. They will not make it very far in the region if they don't play all 4 quarters.
  19. 17 NKY teams battle it out for the chance to be top JV program in the area. NDA defeated a good St Henry team and Cooper outlasted Highlands to get to the Final. NDA wins a back and forth battle in a fun game to watch 48-44. I'm sorry I didn’t get the whole tourney team but Notre Dames newcomer; Freshman Sarah Young, takes home the tournament MVP honors.
  20. Pandas have a terrible 2nd qtr and dig themselves into a 10 point halftime hole. They claw back to get within 2 with under 2 min to play and look to get a turnover on the next play as the ball very clearly bounces off the CC player and goes out of bounds. Tough call gives ball back to CC. Huge momentum swing as the rest of the game is determined at the foul line. Pandas need to find more consistency. Maya Lawrie for the Pandas leads all scorers with 20.
  21. Sounds like it was another close game... Anyone have any details?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.